Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Kelly.

But yeah, if this kid goes to FSU, then Norvell will have landed 3 portal kids who we were very interested in. But you can't ignore the HS kids Mario won out on, after having the job for 15 minutes.
IMO there is a massive difference in the mentality of portal kids vs HS. These portal kids really care first and foremost about returning home and being showcased. Both of these things line up with mims to fsu.

It’s the same as tyrique- return closer to home and play the position that you want and never leave the field. He didn’t transfer seeking more wins, that’s for sure.

Advertisement
I knew I stopped following recruiting for a reason

Nah this **** is fun if you don’t get emotionally invested in the decisions of 18-21yr old kids which anyone over the age of 21 shouldn’t be anyways. If you are young then yeah it’s crazy but if you are older and you truly get worked up over kids deciding on a college then it’s time to find a hobby.

This thread is amazing.

Obviously opinion, but I don’t think these Warchant guys go out on such a limb if something wasn’t signed or promised. Maybe whatever it is isn’t binding, and them rushing to report does show some incompetence…. But the doubling down and the growth of their confidence is beyond strange if their info is as suspect as some of us think.

Like many of you, I’m not concerned about the OL with the coaches we have, but definitely not going to act like Mims wouldn’t have been impactful. If he transfers to FSU after visiting us, it is a loss. If he picks FSU, canceling his trip over…. The L isn’t on the Staff. Just the fan base, cause there’s been some next level trolling 😂😂😂.

Obviously hoping I’m wrong, but feels this is tilted in FSUs favor 3 days in. It will be interesting to see FSU board reactions if Mims doesn’t cancel his trip down. The next week is going to be hilarious.

Advertisement
Even better, double the NIL deal if he shows up shirtless.

all this is totally valid and should resonate with every single poster on this board regardless of what happens here.

However, when our insiders and El Chapo bagmen are publicly saying that he’s ours to lose and he’s essentially coming, it’s hard not to get excited…maybe things changed dramatically, maybe they haven’t at all and this is just FSU making an absolute fool of themselves, maybe we got trolled from the start…either way, we’re about to find out.
...and it wasn't just them. The UGA and USC writers were also saying we were by far the team to beat.

agude may start, porter may start, moultrie and lichtenstein are immediate rotation guys, and jake might start. ladsen might start, sogapolu might start. i dont know what you mean by immediate difference makers but every single guy he's brought in will be in the 2 deep or start, except maybe denis who was a big recruit. don't know what it is you guys expect out of the portal. Mims is an exception but you expect to bring in all americans at other schools?
No trust me, we NEED all those guys. Not even remotely upset about our work in the portal thus far given our depth issues; but that’s kind of the point I’m alluding to. None of those guys are the best at their respective position group (although I’m extremely high on Porter for the record). Verse would have immediately become our best DE, Mims probably becomes our best Olineman, or at least forms one of the best tandems in the nation with Zion. I’m talking like bonafide stud potential, takes your position group to another level talent.

Again, I seem to be in the minority that thinks this isn’t a done deal and that he’s Miami bound…but just wanted lay out (I guess) how big Mims would be.

Riiiiight. They weren't trying to get Daryl Porter Jr. Or Wesley Bissainthe. Nyjalik Kelly never committed to F$U, right? Bud Elliot never crystal balled Jaleel Skinner to F$U, right?

Yeah, tell your Nole "friends" to fvck off.

I'd rather win those HS recruiting battles than all the plug n play portal guys. I understand the importance to use it to fill some holes on recruiting misses, but those holes will be farther and fewer in between with successful recruiting classes.

All that said, Mims is a big time need but considering his upbringing and proximity to GA along with them having nobody he would even compete with, they make sense for him.

Advertisement
Skipped last 20 pages.

He gone?

Or

He comin?
ezgif-1-6c4a724c3d.gif

IMO there is a massive difference in the mentality of portal kids vs HS. These portal kids really care first and foremost about returning home and being showcased. Both of these things line up with mims to fsu.

It’s the same as tyrique- return closer to home and play the position that you want and never leave the field. He didn’t transfer seeking more wins, that’s for sure.

Almost always, #1 is playing time. Not getting on the field is what drives these decisions, for the most part. But you’re right, this kid specifically knows wherever he goes, outside of a very few places, he starts immediately. So then it goes to what’s next on your list? For him, it could very well be staying a short drive from mom and dad and his sibling. He did it once in picking UGA.

Bottom line, every kid is different. People really gotta stop thinking like Miami fans and start thinking like, in this case, a 19 year old kid from the middle of nowhere.

I think the optics of losing a recruit heads up to FSU far outweigh the potential impact he has. I do think he walks onto campus and starts for whoever lands him but let's stop making this out to be more than what it is. FSU doesn't net any more wins with him on their OL. Mario can turn around and in a few weeks and pluck another OT starter out of the portal and none of this would matter

Advertisement
No trust me, we NEED all those guys. Not even remotely upset about our work in the portal thus far given our depth issues; but that’s kind of the point I’m alluding to. None of those guys are the best at their respective position group (although I’m extremely high on Porter for the record). Verse would have immediately become our best DE, Mims probably becomes our best Olineman, or at least forms one of the best tandems in the nation with Zion. I’m talking like bonafide stud potential, takes your position group to another level talent.

Again, I seem to be in the minority that thinks this isn’t a done deal and that he’s Miami bound…but just wanted lay out (I guess) how big Mims would be.
point taken. i think agude could be a stud and immediate difference maker at pass rusher. put up nice numbers at UCLA.

and yeah i haven't seen the consistent scroll yet mims is absolutely going to fsu. it's a couple of fsu sites, and you can bet this would be on national websites. let mims announce it himself

Riiiiight. They weren't trying to get Daryl Porter Jr. Or Wesley Bissainthe. Nyjalik Kelly never committed to F$U, right? Bud Elliot never crystal balled Jaleel Skinner to F$U, right?

Yeah, tell your Nole "friends" to fvck off.
It's easy for them to pretend they don't lose any head to head battles when they claim they weren't battling for any of the kids they lost out on.

Advertisement
Supposedly Mims is coming down to Miami tomorrow. His father is NOT coming with him. Only Mom and sibling.

That's per Newberg
I would think parents accompanying players on visits aren't as a big of a deal for transfers as it is for high school recruits.

Have to make sure he visits tho...

if I am Mario I set up a time for Mimms to meet up with every OL we have put in the league over the past 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back