Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nole fans are some kid of special.

Mario beat Memphis Mikey for Skinner, Kelly, Bissanthe, and Porter.

That s with Memphis Mikey having a 2 year head start in their recruiting on the high school kids.

We all know Bethune went there because of relationship with Shannon, and Verse was a nice portal add for little Memphis Mikey.

Advertisement
Supposedly Mims is coming down to Miami tomorrow. His father is NOT coming with him. Only Mom and sibling.

That's per Newberg
2 hours ago newberg was acting as if he might make his way down on Saturday if he decides to come. None of these people know ****.

My Nole “friends” are texting me that Mario is 0-3 recruiting against them head-to-head.

“I thought you said we should be worried?”

Hoping they are celebrating too soon.
We would be 0-3 this cycle in the portal. Mario went 3-0 last cycle and he was here only 2 months. Are we supposed to ignore Kelly wasnt a Nole target and commit? They they didn’t go all out for Wes and Skinner? This would be a major loss though and reason for them to clown us but Mario isn’t 0-3.

This thread is amazing.

Obviously opinion, but I don’t think these Warchant guys go out on such a limb if something wasn’t signed or promised. Maybe whatever it is isn’t binding, and them rushing to report does show some incompetence…. But the doubling down and the growth of their confidence is beyond strange if their info is as suspect as some of us think.

Like many of you, I’m not concerned about the OL with the coaches we have, but definitely not going to act like Mims wouldn’t have been impactful. If he transfers to FSU after visiting us, it is a loss. If he picks FSU, canceling his trip over…. The L isn’t on the Staff. Just the fan base, cause there’s been some next level trolling 😂😂😂.

Obviously hoping I’m wrong, but feels this is tilted in FSUs favor 3 days in. It will be interesting to see FSU board reactions if Mims doesn’t cancel his trip down. The next week is going to be hilarious.
This is a very accurate take but I wouldn't completely go and say the L isn't on the staff. The optics of losing a big time OL transfer to FSU is pretty embarrassing. Now I don't think Mario gives a sh*t about optics...but I do imagine he was hoping this guy would come in and be the starting RT next season.

But if this does play out as Mims to FSU then no doubt we're going to get trolled hard lmao.

Question then becomes what does Mario do at RT. He's not the kinda guy to settle so I bet he goes out and tries to find another solid replacement.

Advertisement
Things are not looking good for now. Bud is annoying but he's not putting an 8 down unless he heard something. The bigger thing for me is the silence on from our own people regarding what's going on. That's generally not a good sign.

It's not the end of the world if he doesn't sign here, but it would be a big miss for us. He's a talented player at a position you want talented players on. Norvell is desperate because he knows he's fired this season if they don't turn things around so om sire he's doing almost anything necessary to get these guys.

Uh, talent acquisition since cristobal been here coaching and player wise, pending facilities upgrades. Lot of things to be excited for

Gotcha. 10000% agree with that, obviously. We’re on the right trajectory, clearly. A ton to be excited for, it’s going to be an absolutely fantastic ride. But at this exact moment in time, getting bent over by FSU for a kid this important is not a good look. Hopefully that changes if/when he hits 75 south tomorrow.

We would be 0-3 this cycle in the portal. Mario went 3-0 last cycle and he was here only 2 months. Are we supposed to ignore Kelly wasnt a Nole target and commit? They they didn’t go all out for Wes and Skinner? This would be a major loss though and reason for them to clown us but Mario isn’t 0-3.
Not even 0-3 this cycle. They thought they were getting the CB transfer Porter from West Virginia.

Advertisement
Things are not looking good for now. Bud is annoying but he's not putting an 8 down unless he heard something. The bigger thing for me is the silence on from our own people regarding what's going on. That's generally not a good sign.

It's not the end of the world if he doesn't sign here, but it would be a big miss for us. He's a talented player at a position you want talented players on. Norvell is desperate because he knows he's fired this season if they don't turn things around so om sire he's doing almost anything necessary to get these guys.
One OT transfer is not saving Norvell's job

The more of a social media circus this becomes, the greater the chance of ending up a clown. Mario and UM are very wise to stay above the fray.

If big cities frighten Mims, he better hope he gets drafted by Green Bay, because most teams are in big cities,

Gotcha. 10000% agree with that, obviously. We’re on the right trajectory, clearly. A ton to be excited for, it’s going to be an absolutely fantastic ride. But at this exact moment in time, getting bent over by FSU for a kid this important is not a good look. Hopefully that changes if/when he hits 75 south tomorrow.
i don't get that take. getting bent over, "missing" on this kid etc. he went to UGA. he's leaving UGA. he might not come here, and Mario has been on staff for 4.5 months. that's not a miss of anything. that's a guy not happy at UGA going somewhere else close to home.

Advertisement
I dont think there is a reason to worry unless the kid announces he is staying through Friday and isnt coming to Miami until Saturday morning. Then I will start to feel that something is up.

A 5* kid who just was doing this whole song and dance a year ago knows how to handle himself in the recruiting game and isnt going to make a rash decision. He's not new to this.

And I do think he signed the NIL deal. (I think the NIL sponsor leaked that to WarChant and they ran with it thinking it basically meant he was sealed and delivered.) So while I think WarChant looks crazy..I liken it to when Dalvin Cook signed his FA papers with UM and this site almost shut down thinking he committed and signed his NLI. LOL. We looked just as crazy.

In the end, I think he comes to his senses, takes the UM visit, gets the 5* treatment with all the trimmings, and ends up committing to us Monday.

My FSU buddy said the rumor is Warchant didn’t get informed what hotel Mims was staying at and his itinerary, and as payback leaked the commitment immediately to be the first ones.

Doesn’t sound remotely true but even if it is, the amount of pettiness amongst beat writers would be absolutely comical.

It's easy for them to pretend they don't lose any head to head battles when they claim they weren't battling for any of the kids they lost out on.

Magical SemenHole thinking. Happens every year.

"We are the best team since [insert arbitrary year that makes F$U look better than they are]."

Advertisement
i don't get that take. getting bent over, "missing" on this kid etc. he went to UGA. he's leaving UGA. he might not come here, and Mario has been on staff for 4.5 months. that's not a miss of anything. that's a guy not happy at UGA going somewhere else close to home.

It makes our main rival a better team and gives a public perception that a kid picked FSU over Miami. Unfortunately that’s the reality.

My FSU buddy said the rumor is Warchant didn’t get informed what hotel Mims was staying at and his itinerary, and as payback leaked the commitment immediately to be the first ones.

Doesn’t sound remotely true but even if it is, the amount of pettiness amongst beat writers would be absolutely comical.
So they weren't told about the visit ahead of time but somehow are the only ones to find out he committed. Yeah the chance of that being true is 0%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back