Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It makes our main rival a better team and gives a public perception that a kid picked FSU over Miami. Unfortunately that’s the reality.
ok, well public perception fine. i just see it differently. it's 1 player honestly it won't make FSU win more than 5 games.

My FSU buddy said the rumor is Warchant didn’t get informed what hotel Mims was staying at and his itinerary, and as payback leaked the commitment immediately to be the first ones.

Doesn’t sound remotely true but even if it is, the amount of pettiness amongst beat writers would be absolutely comical.

Your F$U buddy might have a point there. After all, it was Brendan Sonnone who posted that GRIPPING, GROUND-BREAKING video of a couple of handshakes between F$U coaches and Mims while "the warchant" played through the tinny speakers of a crappy car outside of a Tallahassee Motel 6.

I can certainly understand why warchant went H.A.M. after Prison Mike gave that kind of a scoop to the 247 mafia...

It makes our main rival a better team and gives a public perception that a kid picked FSU over Miami. Unfortunately that’s the reality.
I think you're weighing a transfer addition a bit too heavily, especially one that isn't a skill position. We still finished with a better recruiting class and will be ranked higher in every preseason poll come August. They can have their trivial portal wins but the needle is still not moving in their direction

The funniest thing about Nole fans is that they still pump their chests about a meaningless win last year and fail to realize the damage it did to their own program
lol isn't that some crazy irony? hilarious

Advertisement
We would be 0-3 this cycle in the portal. Mario went 3-0 last cycle and he was here only 2 months. Are we supposed to ignore Kelly wasnt a Nole target and commit? They they didn’t go all out for Wes and Skinner? This would be a major loss though and reason for them to clown us but Mario isn’t 0-3.
All y'all are trying to apply logic to **** said by noles fans. Seriously, you're making everyone here dumber, just let it go.

Supposedly Mims is coming down to Miami tomorrow. His father is NOT coming with him. Only Mom and sibling.

That's per Newberg
This sounds extremely positive to me. Maybe pops is like, "Yeah im already onboard with Miami. No need for me to go. Its your mom you have to convince, son".

Advertisement
Advertisement
One OT transfer is not saving Norvell's job
Would be nice if it did though

edit: love how many peoples basically said the same thing before me.

Here’s to Mims elevating FSU to .500 so they can lose a bowl game!

Advertisement
In Florida, NIL deals can not be tied to attending a certain school and the school can not be involved in the deal. There was an amendment to the law that would allow the school to directly negotiate with the player but it died in subcommittee last month. The amended law still says that the NIL can't be tied to a certain school and it also can't be based on performance. If Mims did sign with the FSU collective, he could make a case that they would still need to pay him if he plays for Miami.

I think the optics of losing a recruit heads up to FSU far outweigh the potential impact he has. I do think he walks onto campus and starts for whoever lands him but let's stop making this out to be more than what it is. FSU doesn't net any more wins with him on their OL. Mario can turn around and in a few weeks and pluck another OT starter out of the portal and none of this would matter
This right here, there’s no such thing as a need in football, even qb. UGA proved that last year, a walk-on can beat the probable #1 pick if you surround them with enough talent.

But perception matters and I don’t like “losing” anything to those losers

Clayton Keller Hockey GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back