Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that. Possibly a booster leaked to Warchant and screwed it up

I know you know. I don't think most of the board gets it though. The NCAA hasn't had a chance to draw a line in the sand with NIL yet, which they hate with the intensity of a million burning suns. If FSU boosters induced Mims to transfer to FSU (which based on the timing of tweets, looks to be the case if it turns out to be true), then every coach in the country - including Dabo, Kirby, and Saban - would cry foul and demand an investigation. This isn't some nobody player, it is a premier OL from a national champ, and you best believe the NCAA would take notice. It's really f#cking simple to avoid this - wait a few days until after a recruit transfers before announcing a NIL deal. It wouldn't be a surprise if FSU f#cked up that simple workaround and the NCAA decided to make an example out of them. So whoever from FSU announced the NIL deal before he officially transferred

played-yourself-dj-khaled.gif

Advertisement
It is my understanding that one of the few rules that the NCAA has with NIL is that you can't state in the contract the user has to sign with a certain school or it be contingent on playing time. So he should be able to get out if he chooses another school, they can't complain when they are breaking the rules.
no but you can make them obligated to attend certain events where your school is located. it’d be pretty awkward for mims to play in a miami uniform saturday and then attend a tallahassee charity event on sunday.

This is literal buckshot chess

Ruiz wants Mims bad for what it symbolizes for Miami and for Ruiz if he lands this whale.

Mims knows this, and went to FSU for one thing and one thing only:

To see the cash.

But just like free agency, when you’re a big dog:

YOU DONT TAKE THE FIRST DEAL.

The first deal ONLY sets the bar.

He then USED Warchant to get the message out PUBLICLY that a nice deal was on the table, basically telling Ruiz, UM and interested parties, YOUR MOVE.

FSU was always and now is completely ****ed by being the first to the table, because now they’re going to get left at the alter and Mims just Chessed his way into a massive deal.

FSU = Checkers

Last edited:
Advertisement
no but you can make them obligated to attend certain events where your school is located. it’d be pretty awkward for mims to play in a miami uniform saturday and then attend a tallahassee charity event on sunday.
Much more for them than Mims. If he chooses Miami they will void the contract. Could you imagine the boosters faces knowing they are paying someone probably hundreds of thousands if not millions to play for their rival?

It would be glorious, can't pay any of their players even 50k, but paying a Miami player haha

It may be more awkward for them if he's attending those charity events wearing Miami paraphernalia

Much more for them than Mims. If he chooses Miami they will void the contract. Could you imagine the boosters faces knowing they are paying someone probably hundreds of thousands if not millions to play for their rival?

It would be glorious, can't pay any of their players even 50k, but paying a Miami player haha
A small part of me is hoping he did sign an NIL deal, but that its exactly what you said. Poorly worded, he takes their money and comes here. Wouldn't be shocked if FSU boosters managed to waste their little money on paying a player for a rival team. How much is the AD paying Willie not to coach there, after all?

Advertisement
This is literal buckshot chess

Ruiz wants Mims bad for what it symbolizes for Miami and for Ruiz if he lands this whale.

Mims knows this, and went to FSU for one thing and one thing only:

To see the cash.

But just like free agency, when you’re a big dog:

YOU DONT TAKE THE FIRST DEAL.

The first deal ONLY sets the bar.

He then USED Warchant to get the message out PUBLICLY that a nice deal was on the deal, basically telling Ruiz, UM and interested party, YOUR MOVE.

FSU was always and now is completely ****ed by being the first to the table, because now they’re going to get left at the alter and Mims just Chessed his way into a massive deal.

FSU = Checkers
On the money! Mims will spend Thursday night with Ruiz working out the details, LOL. His helicopter will be waiting for him in Tallahassee so they have more time to work on the details. Throw in the Ferrari while you are at it. LOL

Advertisement
Have you guys commenting on NIL specifics actually read a NIL contract?

I disagree with the notion that a player can just wipe his *** with a contract if he wants to without any contractual consequence (liquidated damage, etc). Sure he can break the contract as any person in life can, but I would imagine they are paying a penalty of some sort.

Ultimately, it depends on the specific contract, which again I ask...have any of you seen one?

Seems like a huge assumption to confidently speak on it without ever reading one.
From what I understand, the NIL agreement can’t “incentivize” you to commit to a certain school. I could be wrong but to me that means it‘s not binding because then that would “incentivize” you to attend said university. Again, not my area of expertise so I could be wrong. @TheOriginalCane could probably go into more detail if we knew where we could find the verbiage.

This feels like one of those instances where a kid commits, but the school lets the cat out of the bag too early to a recruiting site and the news leaks prematurely.

Mims probably has committed but is was waiting for an edit and to announce it on his own.

Advertisement
It is my understanding that one of the few rules that the NCAA has with NIL is that you can't state in the contract the user has to sign with a certain school or it be contingent on playing time. So he should be able to get out if he chooses another school, they can't complain when they are breaking the rules.
That is correct, you can't connect the contract directly to the school.

However, any decent drafter of a contract would insert language along the lines of "Must live within 20 miles of X company in order to not default on the contract" or something along those lines. Can't connect it to a school, but you could connect it to a physical company location.

Idk, my only point is that nobody has seen an NIL contract. I was irked by some people talking about it in certainties, when they shouldn't be because nobody knows the specifics of these NIL deals. They are contracts, all contracts could be different.

Like someone mentioned earlier, maybe there is a signing bonus immediately. Maybe there is a penalty for defaulting on the Contract. A lot of maybes that we dont know.

So He can sign that sht.
Then come to Miami and sign ours.
Enroll in Miami and the Nole nil is void with non consequences?
Imagine if there was a high powered attorney who knows the NIL laws in an out advising Mims how to get NIL deals from the boosters of multiple schools while still going to the school of his choice.

Anyone know a guy like that? 🤔🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back