Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got the big visit. Thursday - Sunday and he’s going to the spring game. As long as fsu doesn’t lock him up on that quick visit. It seems like we’re in a great spot. LFG
I’m confident because by all reports we were the reason he entered the portal and this is why we hired Mario. I don’t doubt for one second that FSU can end up getting this guy, they have a couple of things going for them but he is 100% visiting and has us as a serious contender. The whole we aren’t getting a look angle is absurd. If anything it’s FSU that is playing catch up. Like I said, they may win out but this spin that this is over is nonsense.

Advertisement
I’m confident because by all reports we were the reason he entered the portal and this is why we hired Mario. I don’t doubt for one second that FSU can end up getting this guy, they have a couple of things going for them but he is 100% visiting and has us as a serious contender. The whole we aren’t getting a look angle is absurd. If anything it’s FSU that is playing catch up. Like I said, they may win out but this spin that this is over is nonsense.
I honestly dont know **** about this kids recruiting and whether we offered and heavily recruited him when he was in high school. Given that it was Manny, I imagine we didn't even try as he was looking at some undersized but more sure thing type. So if FSU still has guys that did recruit him for years and had/have a relationship with him, I imagine they are in as strong a position or strong than we are. If the shoes were reversed, we'd be saying our relationships are longer. Having said that, we got so much going right now and with as good a chance to start for 2-3 years on a team that is clearly on the way up. When we put our best foot forward this weekend with Mario, i'd be surprised if we didn't come out winning in the end.

I honestly dont know **** about this kids recruiting and whether we offered and heavily recruited him when he was in high school. Given that it was Manny, I imagine we didn't even try as he was looking at some undersized but more sure thing type. So if FSU still has guys that did recruit him for years and had/have a relationship with him, I imagine they are in as strong a position or strong than we are. If the shoes were reversed, we'd be saying our relationships are longer. Having said that, we got so much going right now and with as good a chance to start for 2-3 years on a team that is clearly on the way up. When we put our best foot forward this weekend with Mario, i'd be surprised if we didn't come out winning in the end.
Yeah but Mario and staff recruited him as well but fell short because COVID prevented OVs from happening.

Advertisement
He spends the whole weekend down here, he’s going home a Hurricane.
You give Mario 3 days to recruit this young man and his momma up close and in-person, I feel very good about our chances.

music video birdman GIF

Apparently Mirabal and Mario were also heavily recruiting him to Oregon and they too have a strong relationship with him. All I know is people have been saying read the tea leaves on these recruiting boards for 20 years and the tea leaves look like we are in a very good spot. JMO.

Apparently Mirabal and Mario were also heavily recruiting him to Oregon and they too have a strong relationship with him. All I know is people have been saying read the tea leaves on these recruiting boards for 20 years and the tea leaves look like we are in a very good spot. JMO.
And Kevin Steele recruited him to Auburn

Advertisement
You realize we went 7-5, yes? And lost to them?

Regardless, as I've said 50x in this thread, this is as much an off the field situation as it is on the field. This is really the first major Mario vs NorveLLLLLLL battle for an elite of the elite prospect who both teams are going balls to the wall on. It's imperative we keep him off their roster in the football sense, but it's just as important to not let them win a recruiting battle for a kid we really want. The optics are just as important as who he blocks on Saturday, at the moment. Mario was brought here to win this very type of thing. When he does it, he can take his **** and smack Prison Mike right back into one of those goofy happy birthday videos where he belongs.
We went 7-5 tore it down and built back better. Not the same situation. Plus I was referring to their prospects next year.

i should have considered that Mario and Mirabal actually went after top recruits so he also most've had some sort of relationship with him. Glad for that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yall remember all the kids Mario was recruiting before he left Oregon? How many of them ended up here? Now how many of his tranfers ended up elsewhere? Put that in your thoughts when you hear this Atkins guy's relationship with Mims. Its absolute nonsense. They making it sound like these man related. Use your common sense, he visiting FSU for 1 day and spending a whole weekend in Miami. Wtf is there to do in Tallahassee on a Wednesday in Spring? Their spring practices are over. He aint going there, ill eat crow if im wrong. By Sunday he doing that tweet the kids do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back