Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Newberg update, fwiw. ā€œPay that man his moneyā€

ā€œGeorgia offensive tackle Amarius Mims entered the transfer portal on Sunday. Mims is a 6-foot-7, 330-pound tackle and was closing in on his sophomore season with the Bulldogs.

Mims, a former five-star, was one of the most coveted recruits on Florida Stateā€™s board when he chose to commit to Georgia in 2021. Mims had an excellent relationship with Alex Atkins and Atkins recruited him all the way until Signing Day just to keep the relationship strong in case Mims were to enter the portal down the road. That day has now come.

Iā€™ve talked to sources on all sides of this and early on it seems to be an FSU/Miami battle. Mims is not expected to choose an SEC team because he did not enter the portal before the SECā€™s Feb. 1 deadline to transfer within conference. If he were to choose an SEC team Mims would have to sit out a year. Iā€™m told that is not something heā€™s looking to do.

Talking to various coaches out there, Mims is viewed as a three year starter and first round draft pick to whoever lands him. This means his value is very high. Yes, his NIL value. One source tells me, ā€œThis one is about the NIL dealā€.

Rumor early on is that Miami is prepared to make a very generous offer to Mims. I donā€™t have numbers or know exact figures, but this will be very telling of where FSUā€™s new founded NIL platforms stand amongst some of the big dogs of college football. This will be FSUā€™s first major NIL measuring stick since launching Rising Spear and Warpath

Even though NIL will play a major factor for Mims, Alex Atkins relationship could also play in FSUā€™s favor. If FSU can keep things competitive with other programs NIL deals, then FSU will have a shot and Atkins relationship could put them over the top even if the money doesnā€™t exactly matchup.

Like I said, today is the first day Mims is in the portal and the two teams Iā€™m hearing are FSU and Miami. Iā€™m also told to watch for programs like Texas and USC possibly getting involved and muddying the waters a little bit.

UGA also had a second lineman enter the portal today, Clay Webb. I do not expect FSU to pursue him.

Iā€™ll continue to keep you guys updated with any new developments that Iā€™m hearing on Mims.ā€

Hilarious.

"Atkins recruited him all the way until Signing Day just to keep the relationship strong in case Mims were to enter the portal down the road."

ā€œGeorgia offensive tackle Amarius Mims entered the transfer portal on Sunday. Mims is a 6-foot-7, 330-pound tackle and was closing in on his sophomore season with the Bulldogs.

Mims, a former five-star, was one of the most coveted recruits on Florida Stateā€™s board when he chose to commit to Georgia in 2021. Mims had an excellent relationship with Alex Atkins and Atkins recruited him all the way until Signing Day just to keep the relationship strong in case Mims were to enter the portal down the road. That day has now come.

Iā€™ve talked to sources on all sides of this and early on it seems to be an FSU/Miami battle. Mims is not expected to choose an SEC team because he did not enter the portal before the SECā€™s Feb. 1 deadline to transfer within conference. If he were to choose an SEC team Mims would have to sit out a year. Iā€™m told that is not something heā€™s looking to do.

Talking to various coaches out there, Mims is viewed as a three year starter and first round draft pick to whoever lands him. This means his value is very high. Yes, his NIL value. One source tells me, ā€œThis one is about the NIL dealā€.

Rumor early on is that Miami is prepared to make a very generous offer to Mims. I donā€™t have numbers or know exact figures, but this will be very telling of where FSUā€™s new founded NIL platforms stand amongst some of the big dogs of college football. This will be FSUā€™s first major NIL measuring stick since launching Rising Spear and Warpath

Even though NIL will play a major factor for Mims, Alex Atkins relationship could also play in FSUā€™s favor. If FSU can keep things competitive with other programs NIL deals, then FSU will have a shot and Atkins relationship could put them over the top even if the money doesnā€™t exactly matchup.

Like I said, today is the first day Mims is in the portal and the two teams Iā€™m hearing are FSU and Miami. Iā€™m also told to watch for programs like Texas and USC possibly getting involved and muddying the waters a little bit.

UGA also had a second lineman enter the portal today, Clay Webb. I do not expect FSU to pursue him.

Iā€™ll continue to keep you guys updated with any new developments that Iā€™m hearing on Mims.ā€
jesus-biglebowski.gif

Advertisement

Sorry, I might have contributed something sensible, but I canā€™t stop giggling every time I read ā€œRising Spear.ā€
Do they actually pay people to smear them with such embarrassing ****?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Need Kirby to put in the good word on Mario. Would be a Huge disappointment if he went to FSU, the relationship with Atkins does have me a little nervous.

Atkins may be gone in a yearā€¦especially if Norvell gets cannedā€¦ heā€™s a rising star.

This kid needs to go where there would be solid coaching who isnā€™t going anywhere. Mario and Mirabal fit that bill

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back