Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
jesus-see-what-youve-done-for-other-people-and-want-that-memes-ed080a6f20a029a2-cbbf4ac7319f8419.jpg

Advertisement
It's hard to believe that FSU would actually be in play. Miami is clearly the superior program at the moment and it just so happens that we have a strong focus on OL play and development. If he's really all that good, he'll start here by the middle of the season.

Norvell - I’m sure - guaranteed him a starting spot. That’s the allure.

Advertisement
No way his phone isn’t ringing off the hook right now with talk of zeros and commas.
Until I see him pop I ain’t holding my breath. I assume he still has to finish some classes. UGA spring semester ends May 3.

Advertisement
Newberg update, fwiw. “Pay that man his money”

“Georgia offensive tackle Amarius Mims entered the transfer portal on Sunday. Mims is a 6-foot-7, 330-pound tackle and was closing in on his sophomore season with the Bulldogs.

Mims, a former five-star, was one of the most coveted recruits on Florida State’s board when he chose to commit to Georgia in 2021. Mims had an excellent relationship with Alex Atkins and Atkins recruited him all the way until Signing Day just to keep the relationship strong in case Mims were to enter the portal down the road. That day has now come.

I’ve talked to sources on all sides of this and early on it seems to be an FSU/Miami battle. Mims is not expected to choose an SEC team because he did not enter the portal before the SEC’s Feb. 1 deadline to transfer within conference. If he were to choose an SEC team Mims would have to sit out a year. I’m told that is not something he’s looking to do.

Talking to various coaches out there, Mims is viewed as a three year starter and first round draft pick to whoever lands him. This means his value is very high. Yes, his NIL value. One source tells me, “This one is about the NIL deal”.

Rumor early on is that Miami is prepared to make a very generous offer to Mims. I don’t have numbers or know exact figures, but this will be very telling of where FSU’s new founded NIL platforms stand amongst some of the big dogs of college football. This will be FSU’s first major NIL measuring stick since launching Rising Spear and Warpath

Even though NIL will play a major factor for Mims, Alex Atkins relationship could also play in FSU’s favor. If FSU can keep things competitive with other programs NIL deals, then FSU will have a shot and Atkins relationship could put them over the top even if the money doesn’t exactly matchup.

Like I said, today is the first day Mims is in the portal and the two teams I’m hearing are FSU and Miami. I’m also told to watch for programs like Texas and USC possibly getting involved and muddying the waters a little bit.

UGA also had a second lineman enter the portal today, Clay Webb. I do not expect FSU to pursue him.

I’ll continue to keep you guys updated with any new developments that I’m hearing on Mims.”

“Georgia offensive tackle Amarius Mims entered the transfer portal on Sunday. Mims is a 6-foot-7, 330-pound tackle and was closing in on his sophomore season with the Bulldogs.

Mims, a former five-star, was one of the most coveted recruits on Florida State’s board when he chose to commit to Georgia in 2021. Mims had an excellent relationship with Alex Atkins and Atkins recruited him all the way until Signing Day just to keep the relationship strong in case Mims were to enter the portal down the road. That day has now come.

I’ve talked to sources on all sides of this and early on it seems to be an FSU/Miami battle. Mims is not expected to choose an SEC team because he did not enter the portal before the SEC’s Feb. 1 deadline to transfer within conference. If he were to choose an SEC team Mims would have to sit out a year. I’m told that is not something he’s looking to do.

Talking to various coaches out there, Mims is viewed as a three year starter and first round draft pick to whoever lands him. This means his value is very high. Yes, his NIL value. One source tells me, “This one is about the NIL deal”.

Rumor early on is that Miami is prepared to make a very generous offer to Mims. I don’t have numbers or know exact figures, but this will be very telling of where FSU’s new founded NIL platforms stand amongst some of the big dogs of college football. This will be FSU’s first major NIL measuring stick since launching Rising Spear and Warpath

Even though NIL will play a major factor for Mims, Alex Atkins relationship could also play in FSU’s favor. If FSU can keep things competitive with other programs NIL deals, then FSU will have a shot and Atkins relationship could put them over the top even if the money doesn’t exactly matchup.

Like I said, today is the first day Mims is in the portal and the two teams I’m hearing are FSU and Miami. I’m also told to watch for programs like Texas and USC possibly getting involved and muddying the waters a little bit.

UGA also had a second lineman enter the portal today, Clay Webb. I do not expect FSU to pursue him.

I’ll continue to keep you guys updated with any new developments that I’m hearing on Mims.”
Yeah pay him the money we was suppose to give Stewart

Advertisement

Jamie Newturd throwing some passive aggressive shade lol, he mad. Also Texas definitely needs ol with the 30 ol they took last class.

I really hope we can make a huge offer and wrap this up quickpy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back