Amari Daniels

I don't see why we would take another RB? Daniels isn't elite, so why take him when spots are tight and we have bigger needs.
We could be down to only 3 RBs next year.

Amari is the #6 rated APB per 247Sports. That pretty much means he could play for most top 20 teams. He's rated higher than any RB in Florida besides Franklin who's rated #10 RB. IDK how you compare RB to APB. All I know is that an APB would fit in nicely into the Lashlee offense. That's extra value. You could argue that Brashard brings that ability as well as playing the slot and I would agree. Room permitting, Amari is a take IMO.

I think people are sleeping on Amari. If he's signs with Miami, I expect him to come in with a big chip on his shoulders and surprise some people.

Advertisement
I don't even think he has to be particularly good...if he makes it out of the season healthy, Cam Harris is going pro. Knowing that information, your mileage may vary on whether we need another RB in this year's class to make up for that...but Chaney, Knighton, and Franklin in 2021 is just fine. Brashard Smith, while not a RB, can provide touches in the run game in a variety of alignments if you just are looking for who gets touches a year from now.

I like Amari Daniels. I think he is Miami quality. I think he'd be a very good Miami Hurricane both on and off the field. But spots are looking a little tight. With that said, he's one of the first phone calls I make if we can wiggle an extra scholarship spot open after all of the priority players are in the fold.

Maybe he's out the class and he's trying to use the ole hype the announcement up. Prolly going with Jimbo but pushing the Miami hype to make more viewers. If we push he's ours but I don't think we are and he's securing a spot on TAMU

harris hasnt run behind average run blocking once on his career
At the college level if you're a NFL starter caliber RB you will find a way to show your elite talent even with Mediocre run blocking. Deejay Dallas isn't a starter at the next level but he's a 3rd down back and still found several ways to break off big runs and make big plays happen despite mediocre run blocking. Harris is the kind of a RB who just takes what is there and has good vision. He's not a burner or solid receiver either. He's a good college starting RB, I just don't see him making an impact at the next level. Obviously that can change with development. I'm just basing my opinion off the RB we have already seen.

We could be down to only 3 RBs next year.

Amari is the #6 rated APB per 247Sports. That pretty much means he could play for most top 20 teams. He's rated higher than any RB in Florida besides Franklin who's rated #10 RB. IDK how you compare RB to APB. All I know is that an APB would fit in nicely into the Lashlee offense. That's extra value. You could argue that Brashard brings that ability as well as playing the slot and I would agree. Room permitting, Amari is a take IMO.

I think people are sleeping on Amari. If he's signs with Miami, I expect him to come in with a big chip on his shoulders and surprise some people.
I just think there are better options if we want to take a RB2 then to settle for Daniels. With how hot we are In recruiting we could probably flip a high end RB.

Advertisement
At the college level if you're a NFL starter caliber RB you will find a way to show your elite talent even with Mediocre run blocking. Deejay Dallas isn't a starter at the next level but he's a 3rd down back and still found several ways to break off big runs and make big plays happen despite mediocre run blocking. Harris is the kind of a RB who just takes what is there and has good vision. He's not a burner or solid receiver either. He's a good college starting RB, I just don't see him making an impact at the next level. Obviously that can change with development. I'm just basing my opinion off the RB we have already seen.
Honestly we have no clue what kind of player Deejay will be at the next level... he hasn't played a down yet...

I don't even think he has to be particularly good...if he makes it out of the season healthy, Cam Harris is going pro. Knowing that information, your mileage may vary on whether we need another RB in this year's class to make up for that...but Chaney, Knighton, and Franklin in 2021 is just fine. Brashard Smith, while not a RB, can provide touches in the run game in a variety of alignments if you just are looking for who gets touches a year from now.

I like Amari Daniels. I think he is Miami quality. I think he'd be a very good Miami Hurricane both on and off the field. But spots are looking a little tight. With that said, he's one of the first phone calls I make if we can wiggle an extra scholarship spot open after all of the priority players are in the fold.

And what if one of Chaney, Knighton, or Franklin aren't ready? Or hurt? Or just don't pan out? We'd be screwed. Saying all three RB's are a sure thing is playing with fire. ****, we just went through the Lingard situation.

No way we play in 2021 with 3 RB on the roster. Won't happen.

Very good post. Couldn’t agree more.

And what if one of Chaney, Knighton, or Franklin aren't ready? Or hurt? Or just don't pan out? We'd be screwed. Saying all three RB's are a sure thing is playing with fire. ****, we just went through the Lingard situation.

I think the main takeaway is that, if we go into to 21 with just the 3, Brashard could serve as an “emergency” RB if somebody got hurt and it was needed. I’d prefer to take Amari as the 4th but I think everybody knows spots are really tight. Tough decisions.

Advertisement
Either that or he may not get brought back for a 5th year. As a coach, are you bringing back a RB who would be 4th on your depth chart for a fifth year? Not likely especially given the recruiting going on.
Yes cause 4th running backs play regularly and play special teams

Only way I can see him being a take is if the ncaa is giving us a few spots to get to 85. If not there’s no way.

Same with brown.

What about the scholarship Rousseau was on? Can we use it since he gone?

Its the running back position. You'll always have one. Don't stress over - of all positions - running back.

Advertisement
I just think there are better options if we want to take a RB2 then to settle for Daniels. With how hot we are In recruiting we could probably flip a high end RB.
That's your opinion. I don't know who you think is better. I'm high on Daniels. With all the RBs available in Texas, Jimbo likes him and is recruiting him as RB #2 at TAM. He runs a similar offense. As much as I dislike Jimbo, he knows his offense. It seems like Amari wants to be a Cane. I'm good with that.

Advertisement
every running back in the nfl needs good run blocking, otherwise their output is minimum.

Did not read. Should I get the booty gifs ready or nah?
1293DEB7-5F0D-4C65-A75D-FF1E5A9DA12D.gif

I doubt there's a team in the country with only 3 scholarship RBs. RBs get hurt more than any other position and you need multiple guys a game. Most schools have 5-6 on scholarship.

If they plan on converting Smith to a full-time RB like what happened with Deejay, then I think we'd be alright. Otherwise, taking a 2nd RB is almost a must, and Daniels is definitely a player who'd excel in a spread and compliment Franklin well

Advertisement
Back