Amari Daniels

I doubt there's a team in the country with only 3 scholarship RBs. RBs get hurt more than any other position and you need multiple guys a game. Most schools have 5-6 on scholarship.

If they plan on converting Smith to a full-time RB like what happened with Deejay, then I think we'd be alright. Otherwise, taking a 2nd RB is almost a must, and Daniels is definitely a player who'd excel in a spread and compliment Franklin well

Robert Burns - in theory - would also be on scholarship. But, he's a non-factor in these types of discussion.

Advertisement
You are incorrect here. There is a 25 and 85. Burns doesn’t impact the 25 but he does the 85. Our issue for 21 isn’t the 25 IC. It’s creating space under 85. We have 8 scholarship seniors. If Burns doesn’t have an impact, then how are we already at 21 commitments?
The 85 is never a problem, if it was we wouldn’t hand out scholly to walkon left and right...
What’s keeping Daniels out of the class is the 25 (24 because of Jarrid Williams if I’m not mistaken)...

The 85 is never a problem, if it was we wouldn’t hand out scholly to walkon left and right...
What’s keeping Daniels out of the class is the 25 (24 because of Jarrid Williams if I’m not mistaken)...
I’m going to explain this. You can 85 total and 25 in 1 year. However, you have to be at 60 in order to take a full 25. If you are at 62, then you can bring in 23. You can’t bring in 25 if that puts you at 89.

So, does somebody grad transferring get you a new 25 IC? No. But it gets you an additional under the 85. You say the 85 is never the problem? Well, it is for Miami going into 2021.

Right now, we have 82 on scholarship with 8 seniors. Do you not see how a grad transfer leaving allows you to get closer to 25 new spots? Even the 1 year walk ons ain’t getting you to 25 new spots under 85. I hope that makes sense.

Cam is not a NFL starting RB. He's a Depth RB in the NFL and is likely a 6th or 7th round pick. He's a Travis Homer type RB in my opinion. I don't see him leaving to be a late round pick if we had a good season and have a shot at making a playoff run in 2021
He's avergae and doesn't run through contact..

Advertisement
i don't think RB depth will be a huge concern... if the staff feels like they need an extra RB for next year they can always fish around in the transfer market for an older guy, which is prob what we would need anyway. counters may be less tight next cycle, or there may be more of them depending on what the NCAA does.

it's nice to build depth but RB is a position where only guy is on the field at a time, and so with daniels the staff will have to weigh whether they would be using a counter on a player who may be looking to transfer in two years if most of the carries go to knighton, chaney, and thad.

also everyone should remember that nobody knows how many spots there truly are except the coaches. all the amateur NCAA rules experts on this board were swearing up and down just a few months ago that there was no way miami could fit both issiah walker and jarrid williams, but it turned out to not be very complicated at all.

I’m going to explain this. You can 85 total and 25 in 1 year. However, you have to be at 60 in order to take a full 25. If you are at 62, then you can bring in 23. You can’t bring in 25 if that puts you at 89.

So, does somebody grad transferring get you a new 25 IC? No. But it gets you an additional under the 85. You say the 85 is never the problem? Well, it is for Miami going into 2021.

Right now, we have 82 on scholarship with 8 seniors. Do you not see how a grad transfer leaving allows you to get closer to 25 new spots? Even the 1 year walk ons ain’t getting you to 25 new spots under 85. I hope that makes sense.
I know how it works, I just don’t agree with your take...

You don’t even know how many walkons has been put on scholarship officially, only the coaches knows the reel number they have available, they are not all publicly announced. You try too hard to play the expert on a subject you can’t be 100% right...

Pretty sure Camden Price and Marshall Few are getting the boot way before Burns if they have to make place to fulfill the 25 ICs...

Advertisement
So there’s people that want Lewis , Chase , Marshall , Sapp, Martevious , Daniels , Collier and a ol? Do I have them all ?

We have 4 spots left , well two not counting guys already in.

Unless the ncaa passes something we’re pretty much done. Couple spots left for big dogs.

So there’s people that want Lewis , Chase , Marshall , Sapp, Martevious , Daniels , Collier and a ol? Do I have them all ?

Unless the ncaa passes something we’re pretty much done. Couple spots left for big dogs.
We got 40 spots, Cribby. Didn't you know?

Priorities in my humble opinion: in order
Chase
Sapp
OL
Collier
Solid corner
Daniels

Advertisement

Unless the ncaa passes something we’re pretty much done. Couple spots left for big dogs
can’t wait for those 2

I know how it works, I just don’t agree with your take...

You don’t even know how many walkons has been put on scholarship officially, only the coaches knows the reel number they have available, they are not all publicly announced.
Pretty sure Camden Price and Marshall Few are getting the boot way before Burns if they have to make place to fulfill the 25 ICs...
Sure. We can debate the names all day. I said it’s going to be fluid. However, current scholarship players must be moved out in order to get anywhere near 25 in this class. I think Few, for example, is a good grad transfer candidate. He would have 2 years to play at a G5. Price, I believe, is a 1 year deal as it is.

Point being, multiple guys like that have to not be on scholarship to get 25 more on board and stay under 85. You said Burns didn’t help with that but clearly he (or someone else) does. That’s it. I’m not looking to debate which guys get pushed out.

Oh, and you're missing Maason Smith.

Advertisement
He's avergae and doesn't run through contact..
Yeah he's a good college running back, I just don't think he's a NFL RB. Here's how I would rank the RBs since Duke.

1st Duke Johnson
2nd Deejay Dallas
3rd Mark Walton
4th Travis Homer
5th Joseph Yearby
6th Cam Harris

T2 and Jacorey Brooks, make it happen Cribby

I'd take Amari b4 Collier if its a numbers crunch.
I would too but it’s looking like the decision was made to take the Palmetto group as a whole. We patched it up with Collins and Collier is now a take. Think that speaks volumes.
I’m hoping Daniels still gets a spot.

Advertisement
Back