Amari Carter just my two cents

Advertisement
I agree. The kid would be loved 15 years ago as a enforcer. The liability claim ppl are making about him I get it. He has limitations in coverage. But it’s very seldom that’s he’s completely exposed out there. Are the kids behind him better rn, absolutely not.
I see nothing wrong with anything you said IMO.

Who else is doing it game after game. Yes, it was pure bull**** against Clemson, but the narrative is set among the ACC refs. It's what you use to get him to change technique. When he's faced with the stark reality that he's a detriment to the team and he'll be kept out of the game because of it. he'll have to step up or sit.

And look at the clips I shared..game after game some of these are BS reactions to a hard hit in open field. This cat is not purposely targeting guys. He’s laying the wood..but I guess he hits too hard for cfb in 2020..even the one last week, it’s a 5’7 guy bracing for contact and ducking vs a 6-2 safety who tried to lower his launch anglw..changing the target angle..bang bang play..was it targeting by the rule, absolutely. Was it intentional nah I don’t think so

If he can't tackle he is useless. Needs to switch to MMA or some other contact sport. I really like the kid but if he cannot learn to do something as simple and fundamental as tackle and is going to get thrown out every other game he is a waste of a scholarship.

Edit: I will add that the blame is not completely on him. The secondary as a whole and regressed in their tackling technique. I see them hesitating out there and going for arm tackles. The coaching staff needs to figure this out.
The staff, Banda in particular, is the bigger concern.

That dude is an assassin. His high school highlight reel is full of killer hits like that. Its part of his identity.

I agree with the announcer, 20 years ago that would've been clean. 20 years ago and Amari might be a first or second rounder and all around Canes legend lol. But the game has changed. He needs to adjust.

GO CANES!

Advertisement

And look at the clips I shared..game after game some of these are BS reactions to a hard hit in open field. This cat is not purposely targeting guys. He’s laying the wood..but I guess he hits too hard for cfb in 2020..even the one last week, it’s a 5’7 guy bracing for contact and ducking vs a 6-2 safety who tried to lower his launch anglw..changing the target angle..bang bang play..was it targeting by the rule, absolutely. Was it intentional nah I don’t think so

You can't lower your shoulder without dropping your head also. But knowing the refs are paying close attention to him, would you put him in at the start?

Dude needs to sit. Like it or not, the game is what it is today and he can't play within today's rules.

I gave Manny credit for changing the offensive staff, now he needs to sit Carter, and anyone else who's play is hurting the team. The Mr Niceguy thing has to go.

And I want to see him blow up on the refs for the holding. And stay on them until they get their heads out of their ***.

That dude is an assassin. His high school highlight reel is full of killer hits like that. Its part of his identity.

I agree with the announcer, 20 years ago that would've been clean. 20 years ago and Amari might be a first or second rounder and all around Canes legend lol. But the game has changed. He needs to adjust.

GO CANES!
True but not at the expense of being aggressive. James Williams at safety might run into the same issue as Amari with the rule being the way it is

Advertisement
You can't lower your shoulder without dropping your head also. But knowing the refs are paying close attention to him, would you put him in at the start?
Refs are paying attention to our guys when they make big hits. Bubba has had one called and reversed I believe. Quan got these calls a few times. I already mentioned Halls on Lawrence. Remember Jamal Carter’s vs FSU. I wouldn’t let this effect who plays...Denzel Perryman would be unplayable the way the rule is enforced today

Needs to be played as a linebacker going forward. I don't see safety honestly in his future. If I remember right he use to play a spy role his freshman year and he was good at it. I think by putting him close to line will add more speed in the box and help ALOT against mobile qb's. Like I said just my two cents. Also if you noticed after Harley td Saturday night the team was so hyped then after kickoff Carter gets ejected and the energy was gone.
I’ve been saying he needs to play LB since he came to Miami. He’s actually pretty slow to be back there as well.

Imagine telling a player you can’t start because you get targeting calls..That **** ain’t flying

Advertisement
Amari Carter playing Chess. Getting himself kicked out of games to build S depth. Coaches won't play younger guys

will ferrell lol GIF by NBA

I guess moving him to LB would help prevent targeting fouls but he can't be trusted and must be completely mind-****ed at this point. He's going to play like he's on angel dust.

Naw, let’s continue keeping him as a defensive captain so he can set the example for the younger players.

Advertisement
He shouldn't be starting...that much I know.

The man gets called for targeting every game now and his hits are becoming more egregious. He's a walking 15 yard penalty.

He should be riding the bench for a while.
He spend 3 quarters+ per game on average on the bench. The issue is he should not be getting the reps with the ones in practice because he never actually plays in games. Get the back up the reps or just roll with Bubba and Garvin with a little relief from back ups.

Advertisement
Back