Amari Carter just my two cents

Advertisement
When a guy gives the opposing team 15 yards and a first down every game you play, do you keep putting hime on the field just from a cost-benefit standpoint?
Yes when’s what’s behind him are a true fresh who don’t know the d

Advertisement
And when good ol’ Baker is asked about Amari’s targeting, his outstanding response is, ‘He’s not trying to do it... He doesn’t mean to do it....’

SMH

If he can't tackle he is useless. Needs to switch to MMA or some other contact sport. I really like the kid but if he cannot learn to do something as simple and fundamental as tackle and is going to get thrown out every other game he is a waste of a scholarship.

Edit: I will add that the blame is not completely on him. The secondary as a whole and regressed in their tackling technique. I see them hesitating out there and going for arm tackles. The coaching staff needs to figure this out.
Sadly I disagree, This is the part I hate about Manny. He loves him and will give him more shots.

It's time to get some of the younger guys ready. We've seen Carter for 4 years now and being closer to the line of scrimmage may save his career

Advertisement
Yes when’s what’s behind him are a true fresh who don’t know the d
He was in for one play. He gave up 15 yards and a first down and then those behind him had to play anyway. Was it better to just start them and not lose 15 yards and a first down?

whenever you have a recurring theme... that's coaching
Its a combination of coaching and the player. NFL guys made the adjustment and this dude cant? What the he'll is going on in practice? The coaches must let him get away with his erratic play. He's the mike Harley of the defense. A hard nosed unathletic football player.

He was in for one play. He gave up 15 yards and a first down and then those behind him had to play anyway. Was it better to just start them and not lose 15 yards and a first down?
I mean you could say that for every player who gets penalized. Bro I get it. The targeting **** hurts the team. I personally think it’s the rule that’s the problem not necessarily Carter or guys who get it called on them. Hall got ejected for hitting Lawrence in the sternum and the only rzn it was reviewed was because 16 was shaken up. There was a play in the penn state game on a contested defenseless player that I’ve seen called that wasn’t only because the offensive player wasn’t shakin up. That cheap shot on Payton on the sideline was clear cut targeting and No review. I’ve Said it countless times, intent should come into play when it comes to ejecting guys. How the offensive player ducks down naturally when bracing for contact easily changes striking areas on so many of these calls. Not mention offensive players who use the crown of their helmets ..Carter has to adjust. But personally I don’t want to take that aggressive nature from him

Advertisement
Dude needs to be put under the bench ..he does nothing for the team but get beat in coverage or put out of the game because of targeting

Carter’s hit vs UVA last year was prime example of a WR bracing for impact and by doing so changing the impact area

Count me in the minority here, but i have ZERO issues with Amari. At least he plays with an attitude and an edge. All you mouth breathers are sick of our guys not playing with an edge or attitude, but then you get on a kid for playing with both.

I think he's profiled and if he wants to stay in the game he needs to figure out how not to draw the flag, but i don't want him to change his style. VA was playing dirty and trying to get our guys to react. We knocked a few of their dudes out and that **** stopped.

We have a soft *** fanbase in all facets of fandom

Advertisement
I mean you could say that for every player who gets penalized. Bro I get it. The targeting **** hurts the team. I personally think it’s the rule that’s the problem not necessarily Carter or guys who get it called on them. Hall got ejected for hitting Lawrence in the sternum and the only rzn it was reviewed was because 16 was shaken up. There was a play in the penn state game on a contested defenseless player that I’ve seen called that wasn’t only because the offensive player wasn’t shakin up. That cheap shot on Payton on the sideline was clear cut targeting and No review. I’ve Said it countless times, intent should come into play when it comes to ejecting guys. How the offensive player ducks down naturally when bracing for contact easily changes striking areas on so many of these calls. Not mention offensive players who use the crown of their helmets ..Carter has to adjust. But personally I don’t want to take that aggressive nature from him
Who else is doing it game after game. Yes, it was pure bull**** against Clemson, but the narrative is set among the ACC refs. It's what you use to get him to change technique. When he's faced with the stark reality that he's a detriment to the team and he'll be kept out of the game because of it. he'll have to step up or sit.

Count me in the minority here, but i have ZERO issues with Amari. At least he plays with an attitude and an edge. All you mouth breathers are sick of our guys not playing with an edge or attitude, but then you get on a kid for playing with both.

I think he's profiled and if he wants to stay in the game he needs to figure out how not to draw the flag, but i don't want him to change his style. VA was playing dirty and trying to get our guys to react. We knocked a few of their dudes out and that **** stopped.

We have a soft *** fanbase in all facets of fandom
I agree. The kid would be loved 15 years ago as a enforcer. The liability claim ppl are making about him I get it. He has limitations in coverage. But it’s very seldom that’s he’s completely exposed out there. Are the kids behind him better rn, absolutely not.

Advertisement
Back