Amari Carter just my two cents

AHURT12

Redshirt Freshman
Needs to be played as a linebacker going forward. I don't see safety honestly in his future. If I remember right he use to play a spy role his freshman year and he was good at it. I think by putting him close to line will add more speed in the box and help ALOT against mobile qb's. Like I said just my two cents. Also if you noticed after Harley td Saturday night the team was so hyped then after kickoff Carter gets ejected and the energy was gone.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Needs to be played as a linebacker going forward. I don't see safety honestly in his future. If I remember right he use to play a spy role his freshman year and he was good at it. I think by putting him close to line will add more speed in the box and help ALOT against mobile qb's. Like I said just my two cents. Also if you noticed after Harley td Saturday night the team was so hyped then after kickoff Carter gets ejected and the energy was gone.
Amari needs to learn you see what you hit and lead with your shoulder. The message is obviously not getting thru to him.

Advertisement
If he can't tackle he is useless. Needs to switch to MMA or some other contact sport. I really like the kid but if he cannot learn to do something as simple and fundamental as tackle and is going to get thrown out every other game he is a waste of a scholarship.

Edit: I will add that the blame is not completely on him. The secondary as a whole and regressed in their tackling technique. I see them hesitating out there and going for arm tackles. The coaching staff needs to figure this out.

Amari seems like a good kid but he 100% should not be starting or even playing meaningful snaps until he proves he can stay on the field. It's egregious how many games he's been kicked out of or has been close to getting kicked out of because he simply doesn't have the football IQ. That goes well beyond coaching.

Amari needs to learn you see what you hit and lead with your shoulder. The message is obviously not getting thru to him.

The dude set a record that can be tied but never broken, he was disqualified for targeting on the FIRST defensive snap of the game for UM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
If you move him to LB he still will have targeting penalties.
I think it helps though. Instead of a 10 yard sprint before "launching", he'd be shedding & wrapping up a lot. His height works against him. Have to try something. He's no help to himself or the team at the moment.

/teach him to break shins is my only advice. Gonna hurt some players but hey, it's legal

Advertisement
Advertisement
When a guy gives the opposing team 15 yards and a first down every game you play, do you keep putting hime on the field just from a cost-benefit standpoint?

Yes given his track record he should've been sat a long time ago, at least for a while, as disciplinary action/self reflection to get your **** together.

Advertisement
Back