Am I too much a prisoner of the moment?

You just listed alot of issues and you aren't being payed millions. Thats the issue

We have a moron leading us.

I can understand your question but thats playing what ifs. A real coach with funding from our billionaires will continue to bring in elite talent. Winning will keep bringing in talent.

Go get lane kiffin and stop ******* around.

Lane Kiffin has finished ranked in the Top 25 two times in 11 seasons as a head coach. Just stop. They're never going to hire Kiffin, and honestly they're not going to fire Mario anytime soon. If you came into this thread just to cry about the coach and say he should be fired, go find another one, that's not what this is about. You're going to be really upset for a lot of years if you just think firing Mario fixes things. It's not happening. If you can't support or enjoy or follow the program with Mario as the coach, you really need to find something else to do, because for better or worse he's the coach here for a while.

Advertisement
If 5 years down the road and we stacked and not making playoffs or anything then I can understand someone else taking over. But if we got into a few playoffs (remember where we were), cause that football is like giants football boring slow and bland. I don’t want that.

How we have looked this season is a team with a legit future. And a good one especially up front.

Also they not firing him anytime soon so far starting vs the other HCs second seasons it looks different. Don’t know how anyone did in year two golden mark randy golden but would be interesting to take a look. And to see who left sfla by the droves, and what elite oos national dudes those guys have gotten while here. I’m sure without looking it’s a big difference. Mario brought in more dogs (in one true cycle)then those coaches entire tenures here
His recruiting is elite. Hopefully we luck into some good seasons.

Agreed one play just undid all the good that had been achieved. 4-0 was looking really good. Its gone now. Now can the team regroup or go in the pooper?

Kinda where I'm at too, but I think it's even bigger than just "regroup or go in the pooper". Obviously 1 of those 2 things will happen, but I really fear that if the answer is "go in the pooper", we never really recover to the level we were headed prior to last week. And that's what most frustrating. Just losing the game, I don't have these same feelings. If we lost 24-20 I'd obviously be very disappointed and feel it was a major setback as a 20 point favorite, but what has me concerned about the long-term health of the program is the coach does a lot of things well, what he doesn't do well, and what we were hoping was either learned from or possibly overemphasized by critics, he MASSIVELY buthered for the entire world to see.

I heard NFL announcers during the games yesterday talking about it. So to me, I don't think it's just the traditional "does a loss bleed into the next week and the team start a downward spiral". I think it's bigger than that if we don't win this week, because the one thing our coach gets blasted for more than anything is the very thing he did again that cost us a game, and at some point, how can recruits and their families trust you with their futures?

Somebody tell me that my thinking is too micro on this, and that this is really actually 17 games into a 3-5 year total rebuild......but I think the UNC game this weekend is probably the biggest game we've played for the long-term direction of the program in several years.

Nothing will ever erase Saturday night from my brain, and no matter what he does (aside from winning a championship of some sort), Mario is always going to have to recruit against yet ANOTHER late-game decision-making blunder, but going up to play the #12 team in the country, in prime-time, and coming home with a win does SOMEWHAT put that in the rearview.

But I'm very nervous about what we saw Saturday bleeding into this week, and us going up there and getting blown off the field, and if that happens, somebody please tell me that I'm being irrational in saying that it will have MASSIVE, long-term implications for the overall health of the program going forward. And what I mean is, people already negatively recruited against Mario citing his in-game coaching acumen, or lack thereof. Now, that gets ratcheted up about a million levels. The only way to shut that **** down is to win football games, and quickly, against big time opponents. Say what you want, and I know Mario is the world's most hated man on this site right now, but all things considered, we've done a ton of good thus far just less than a year and a half into his tenure. If (and yes, a gigantic "if") this staff just doesn't make the most boneheaded decision in the history of the sport, we're 5-0, Top 15 in the country, and I think we can all agree just the entire operation this season has been much improved, and prior to the last 30 seconds of the game Saturday night, as poorly as we played, we were about to survive an off-night and get through the first 5 games of the season unscathed.

But my concern is a loss this week, if it's somewhat non-competitive, actually lowers the ceiling for the entire program going forward. I completely understand we somehow got a commitment from a Top 60 overall player after what we witnessed Saturday night, but at some point, you have to practice what you preach. You can't sell these kids forever that you've got an elite program, and then lose games on the field while also literally giving them away on the sidelines. So, someone tell me that this is a big game on Saturday, but it's just the next game, and we can still lose and still go 9-3 or 8-4 and I think before the season, we would have been somewhat OK with that. And that will be good enough to continue being able to build the program in the right direction. I just feel like basically ALL of the goodness the team had built up through the first 4 weeks went right out the window on Sat night, and it's not even because they lost. It's because they lost LIKE THAT.

Am I being too dramatic and emotional? Or is Saturday night a massive indicator for the direction of the program for the next SEVERAL years?

Unfortunately this Saturday we going up against an evil, geriatric punk of a coach who is hellbent not just beating us but humiliating us and dancing on our grave. Hate this fool more than Spurrier or Beamer...
Hope we beat the crap out of them ala UW in 2001..

All of college football views our head coach as a bumbling buffoon. On top of that they saw the typical Miami meltdown while wearing their cute , flashy uniforms. To them it’s the same ole Miami . all flash, no substance. Which bothers me because this team is much different from previous teams. From leadership , maturity , accountability , mental toughness and miAt importantly they care.

One boneheaded decision has twisted a narrative that was starting to turn with national pundits. “Maybe this team is different“.

I could be wrong and if so I’m sure I’ll be reminded but I just don’t see this team quitting or collapsing. It just doesn’t fit most of these kids dna. I’ve been saying since the offseason this “group is different”.

I expect to see a wounded animal Saturday. Which is always the most dangerous animal. Win or lose I think they bring it.

All that said OP is r , this game is enormous for the short term and longterm health of the program.

We’ll see what Mario is all about Saturday

Last Saturday an embarrassed team, adjusted, adapted and went on the road and smacked the home team.

This Saturday, what will the embarrassment lead to…

Clenched **** again?

Let’s ******* go?

Advertisement
Lane Kiffin has finished ranked in the Top 25 two times in 11 seasons as a head coach. Just stop. They're never going to hire Kiffin, and honestly they're not going to fire Mario anytime soon. If you came into this thread just to cry about the coach and say he should be fired, go find another one, that's not what this is about. You're going to be really upset for a lot of years if you just think firing Mario fixes things. It's not happening. If you can't support or enjoy or follow the program with Mario as the coach, you really need to find something else to do, because for better or worse he's the coach here for a while.
You apparently missed my response to you.

Mario isn't going anywhere for 5 more years minimum.

I do follow the program. Thats why im here. Never seen a rule where I had to be happy about it.

Win games and ill be happy. Very simple

I do follow the program. Thats why im here. Never seen a rule where I had to be happy about it.

Are you schizophrenic?

You said "Mario isn't going anywhere for 5 more years minimum" this post, yet in your very last post you said "Go get Lane Kiffin and stop ******* around"

Are you aware that both those things can't be true?

I'm going to assume you have an IQ over 70 and yes you understand that, so if Mario is going to be here for 5 more years minimum, what good does clamoring for Lane Kiffin do?

Nothing, exactly. So move on from that bull****. Where does the program go from here with coach we do have, for yes many more years.

Ain’t nothing wrong with being mad I was livid bruh. Had to gather myself and cool down to think straight. In a moment of negative we react super fast which is always the wrong thing to do but we all do it. Just gets you upset and ruins our days. I refuse to let that loss eat away at me. I moved on saw a lot of good on D especially and surprising. They just all fell apart at the same time. It was a rare thing we probably won’t ever see again.

Also when are they going to call the holds on Rueben Bain he even got tackled on Kings TD run. When ncaa? When are you going to call holding for that man?

Ok I think I moved on lol

Advertisement
Are you schizophrenic?

You said "Mario isn't going anywhere for 5 more years minimum" this post, yet in your very last post you said "Go get Lane Kiffin and stop ******* around"

Are you aware that both those things can't be true?

I'm going to assume you have an IQ over 70 and yes you understand that, so if Mario is going to be here for 5 more years minimum, what good does clamoring for Lane Kiffin do?

Nothing, exactly. So move on from that bull****. Where does the program go from here with coach we do have, for yes many more years.
You do realize you can hire lane after 5 years dont you?

If I made the statement mario is here for 5 more years id assume people are smart enough to realize i was saying go get kiffin next. Guess I was wrong.

Where does the program go? Exactly where we are. The joke of college football.

Hope the talent we keep getting wins us alot of games because it wont be based on coaching.

Ain’t nothing wrong with being mad I was livid bruh. Had to gather myself and cool down to think straight. In a moment of negative we react super fast which is always the wrong thing to do but we all do it. Just gets you upset and ruins our days. I refuse to let that loss eat away at me. I moved on saw a lot of good on D especially and surprising. They just all fell apart at the same time. It was a rare thing we probably won’t ever see again.

Also when are they going to call the holds on Rueben Bain he even got tackled on Kings TD run. When ncaa? When are you going to call holding for that man?

Ok I think I moved on lol
Hey man we all agree the refs sucked ***. No question.

But....

If tvd doesn't throw 3 picks how much do we win by?

We needed to make the refs a non issue. We could have but didn't.

Saturday will say a lot. UNC is a **** good team and Chapel Hill has been a house of horrors for us over the years.

Show up and play them to the wire and I’ll feel good about the direction we’re going in.

Get outclassed like the FSU game last year and we’re going to have major issues going forward.

Somebody tell me that my thinking is too micro on this, and that this is really actually 17 games into a 3-5 year total rebuild......but I think the UNC game this weekend is probably the biggest game we've played for the long-term direction of the program in several years.

Nothing will ever erase Saturday night from my brain, and no matter what he does (aside from winning a championship of some sort), Mario is always going to have to recruit against yet ANOTHER late-game decision-making blunder, but going up to play the #12 team in the country, in prime-time, and coming home with a win does SOMEWHAT put that in the rearview.

But I'm very nervous about what we saw Saturday bleeding into this week, and us going up there and getting blown off the field, and if that happens, somebody please tell me that I'm being irrational in saying that it will have MASSIVE, long-term implications for the overall health of the program going forward. And what I mean is, people already negatively recruited against Mario citing his in-game coaching acumen, or lack thereof. Now, that gets ratcheted up about a million levels. The only way to shut that **** down is to win football games, and quickly, against big time opponents. Say what you want, and I know Mario is the world's most hated man on this site right now, but all things considered, we've done a ton of good thus far just less than a year and a half into his tenure. If (and yes, a gigantic "if") this staff just doesn't make the most boneheaded decision in the history of the sport, we're 5-0, Top 15 in the country, and I think we can all agree just the entire operation this season has been much improved, and prior to the last 30 seconds of the game Saturday night, as poorly as we played, we were about to survive an off-night and get through the first 5 games of the season unscathed.

But my concern is a loss this week, if it's somewhat non-competitive, actually lowers the ceiling for the entire program going forward. I completely understand we somehow got a commitment from a Top 60 overall player after what we witnessed Saturday night, but at some point, you have to practice what you preach. You can't sell these kids forever that you've got an elite program, and then lose games on the field while also literally giving them away on the sidelines. So, someone tell me that this is a big game on Saturday, but it's just the next game, and we can still lose and still go 9-3 or 8-4 and I think before the season, we would have been somewhat OK with that. And that will be good enough to continue being able to build the program in the right direction. I just feel like basically ALL of the goodness the team had built up through the first 4 weeks went right out the window on Sat night, and it's not even because they lost. It's because they lost LIKE THAT.

Am I being too dramatic and emotional? Or is Saturday night a massive indicator for the direction of the program for the next SEVERAL years?
The problem with trying to predict all of this is that college football is known for these losses. Miami and Mario are both known for it even more. I hear what you are saying, but we're still too close to this to tell if this was a fluke or the car telling us we don't have our seatbelts on and will keep beeping until we do.

Saturday definitely will tell us a lot about this program. You are correct that this matters, and it matters a lot. We won't know how much it matters until months, maybe even years later. However, insiders have said this season matters a lot regarding recruiting, so while dramatic, you may not be too far off the mark.

If I'm being cynical, if there is one thing this program should have taught us, it never disappoints to disappoint. So don't take it too seriously.

Advertisement
Lots of dramatics on here. When Miami wins Saturday night, then what?

Miami is still a ranked team, still recruiting well, still have T25 offense and T25 defense. Nothing has changed unless in your mind they were going to be a CFP team this year.

Hey man we all agree the refs sucked ***. No question.

But....

If tvd doesn't throw 3 picks how much do we win by?

We needed to make the refs a non issue. We could have but didn't.
Yea dudes were open. The sack he took for our last FG Riley Williams is wide open maybe even scores and easily gets a first but he can’t see things. With an elite OL he doesn’t see things. This is what I was afraid of before the season but he looked good. And then this happens and he looks identical to last year. I knew it immediately when I saw the ball come out a few times that sh was hitting the turf. I’m like no way now? But I felt Dawson was feeling that too and he always says he will ride the hot hand and I have no issue with that. When someone doesn’t have it they do not have it.

You can rely on the qb even if they are bad but when they are turning it over that’s a different animal.

Man get the **** out of here. This team is good enough to win right ******* now. Stop trying to change the mood back to liking Mario. He's a bum who gave us the worst season in the history of this program and he's a bum who just did what we saw the other day.

We didn't see a Georgia Tech team beat us. We didn't see a coaching staff that took the opponent seriously. We saw coaching staff The held back the playbook again for a supposedly weaker competition. We saw a coaching staff that replaced wide receivers with McCormick as the widest man in a three receiver set constantly. It had nothing but Mario's fingerprints all over that offense. He needs to get the **** away from it.

All the errors made by the players they they came back to win the game. The coaches let them down. The one person in the world paid $8 million to not let them down let them down on the most basic part of his responsibilities.

He's not a smart man He's not clever. This team can win right now. Stop trying to shield Mario. Instead of being his lap dog you should be turning up the heat on him. If he wants the heat to go down he should ******* start running games. Not a moment before.

Advertisement
Yea dudes were open. The sack he took for our last FG Riley Williams is wide open maybe even scores and easily gets a first but he can’t see things. With an elite OL he doesn’t see things. This is what I was afraid of before the season but he looked good. And then this happens and he looks identical to last year. I knew it immediately when I saw the ball come out a few times that sh was hitting the turf. I’m like no way now? But I felt Dawson was feeling that too and he always says he will ride the hot hand and I have no issue with that. When someone doesn’t have it they do not have it.

You can rely on the qb even if they are bad but when they are turning it over that’s a different animal.
Agreed!!

We have to beat unc or this season gets ugly. Clemson is down but we haven't beat them in forever. Fsu is playing well and stomped us last year. Louisville is looking better.

8 wins in year 2 is a massive failure with the talent we have.

Man get the **** out of here. This team is good enough to win right ******* now. Stop trying to change the mood back to liking Mario. He's a bum who gave us the worst season in the history of this program and he's a bum who just did what we saw the other day.

We didn't see a Georgia Tech team beat us. We didn't see a coaching staff that took the opponent seriously. We saw coaching staff The held back the playbook again for a supposedly weaker competition. We saw a coaching staff that replaced wide receivers with McCormick as the widest man in a three receiver set constantly. It had nothing but Mario's fingerprints all over that offense. He needs to get the **** away from it.

All the errors made by the players they they came back to win the game. The coaches let them down. The one person in the world paid $8 million to not let them down let them down on the most basic part of his responsibilities.

He's not a smart man He's not clever. This team can win right now. Stop trying to shield Mario. Instead of being his lap dog you should be turning up the heat on him. If he wants the heat to go down he should ******* start running games. Not a moment before.

andy-bernard-i-like-it.gif

Lots of dramatics on here. When Miami wins Saturday night, then what?

Miami is still a ranked team, still recruiting well, still have T25 offense and T25 defense. Nothing has changed unless in your mind they were going to be a CFP team this year.
We'll be 5-1 while still owning one of the single worst decision making losses in all of sports.

It would be like leading the Indy 500 and pitting on the last lap for no reason... there are very few comparables to how dumb that decision not to kneel was...

We'll be 5-1 while still owning one of the single worst decision making losses in all of sports.

It would be like leading the Indy 500 and pitting on the last lap for no reason... there are very few comparables to how dumb that decision not to kneel was...
Be like tiger woods with a 3 footer to break jacks record and he takes a driver swing and hits it 250 yards.

Advertisement
Back