Alton Tarber 2022 NT

Advertisement
Advertisement

Rising quickly, this kid just picked up offers from Florida and Oregon this past week.
Looks like a dynamic 3 tech with size and athleticism, high ceiling

Would love to revisit this kid when he has some game tape out. To me it looks like hes going 3/4 speed because he knows hes just that much better then anyone else on the field. its like he doesn't want to hurt anyone. This kid knows hes a beast.

Advertisement
**** this kid is legit.
Man him coming off the edge at the 1:35 mark was dam impressive. Serious wheels on this kid. I would think this kid is going to blossom once he gets to the college level. Those kids hes practicing against aren't pushing him at all. Hes going to blow up once he gets some real comp to push him and push his buttons.

Advertisement
Dam! Dam! Dam! I really wanted Tarber. If they like Hastings better it doesn't mean they have to slow play Tarber. I may have to take a trip cross the bridge to Clearwater and welcome our Canadian friend.

I coach the kid but even I'll admit that Hastings probably has a higher ceiling and fits what Miami likes to do better than Tarber does. Tarber's biggest asset, and what he does better than probably any DT in the state, is that he's literally an immovable object. He doesn't even move on double teams. But that's not what Miami is about on the DL. Matter of fact, they're the complete opposite. They play vertical every snap.

Miami didn't start recruiting him hard until Simpson got there. So I wouldn't be surprised if there is a philosophical difference between what Simpson likes/wants and what Manny likes/wants. Pure speculation on my part though. I just figure if Manny really liked him then they would have been recruiting him before Simpson got there. It's not like he wasn't unknown. He got an Alabama "offer" in 10th grade. He didn't grow like people thought he would so a lot of the big time schools backed off. Not having spring also affected his recruitment because schools weren't able to verify his actual height in person. (and the perception from his film was that he was between 5'11"-6'0")

If Miami was looking for a 1-technique that actually stayed his a$$ in the gap and played the run like a grown man, then I would say they were making a mistake by not recruiting Tarber. But I can't honestly and objectively say that right now, knowing what Miami likes to do up front.

I coach the kid but even I'll admit that Hastings probably has a higher ceiling and fits what Miami likes to do better than Tarber does. Tarber's biggest asset, and what he does better than probably any DT in the state, is that he's literally an immovable object. He doesn't even move on double teams. But that's not what Miami is about on the DL. Matter of fact, they're the complete opposite. They play vertical every snap.

Miami didn't start recruiting him hard until Simpson got there. So I wouldn't be surprised if there is a philosophical difference between what Simpson likes/wants and what Manny likes/wants. Pure speculation on my part though. I just figure if Manny really liked him then they would have been recruiting him before Simpson got there. It's not like he wasn't unknown. He got an Alabama "offer" in 10th grade. He didn't grow like people thought he would so a lot of the big time schools backed off. Not having spring also affected his recruitment because schools weren't able to verify his actual height in person. (and the perception from his film was that he was between 5'11"-6'0")

If Miami was looking for a 1-technique that actually stayed his a$$ in the gap and played the run like a grown man, then I would say they were making a mistake by not recruiting Tarber. But I can't honestly and objectively say that right now, knowing what Miami likes to do up front.
We need a DT to clog the middle against the best teams, hope we get Taber

Advertisement

Do you know how many times I told this board that and they insist on trying to tell me “we need a 1 tech mauler!!”?

So wait..I thought he was 6’2-6’3? If he’s 6’0 or 6’1 I can see why Manny is apprehensive.

Advertisement
Back