Alton Tarber 2022 NT

Yeah I don't know where they get that from because if you watch the film you never see any of our DL "maul" anybody.
And maybe that’s our problem. We could have used an immovable object clogging that middle against UNC that’s for **** sure. I like the fact that Jess sees value in having DTs with different skill sets. Shame Manny doesn’t see it that way.

Advertisement
**** this kid is legit.
The film looks good, but those OL are butt cheeks man... They got no desire to be physical or violent at all, and Hastings is all about that life.

What I'm more surprised is those counter that team is running is what UNC ran al day on us, and Hastings reacted appropriately meanwhile our DL, upfield they went and made life easy. I don't know if that just a top down thing, or if Baker/Stroud had no effing clue what to do, but it aint rocket science.

I dont care where he goes, im proud of what he's become (teacher talk) ... needs to come to the U (fan talk)

Real talk a degree from GaTech is a very good 40 year descision, so I wish the young man well. Now the fan in me would like him to come to Miami.

Not to mention HotLanta has some hella juicy coeds & Georgia peaches in every flavor and size an they all squirt if handle them just right especially after a few drinks.
https://cdn.bigassamateurs.com/images/big-***-pawg-super-thick-hips-booty-shorts-300x375.jpg

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Real talk a degree from GaTech is a very good 40 year descision, so I wish the young man well. Now the fan in me would like him to come to Miami.

Not to mention HotLanta has some hella juicy coeds & Georgia peaches in every flavor and size an they all squirt if handle them just right especially after a few drinks.
https://cdn.bigassamateurs.com/images/big-***-pawg-super-thick-hips-booty-shorts-300x375.jpg

Go Canes
I'll commit to Georgia Tech right now if she's up there.

I may have some eligibility left, and I heard there's a scarcity of straight men in Atlanta. Macho could do some damage up there.

The film looks good, but those OL are butt cheeks man... They got no desire to be physical or violent at all, and Hastings is all about that life.

What I'm more surprised is those counter that team is running is what UNC ran al day on us, and Hastings reacted appropriately meanwhile our DL, upfield they went and made life easy. I don't know if that just a top down thing, or if Baker/Stroud had no effing clue what to do, but it aint rocket science.
To me he looks well coached.

I coach the kid but even I'll admit that Hastings probably has a higher ceiling and fits what Miami likes to do better than Tarber does. Tarber's biggest asset, and what he does better than probably any DT in the state, is that he's literally an immovable object. He doesn't even move on double teams. But that's not what Miami is about on the DL. Matter of fact, they're the complete opposite. They play vertical every snap.

Miami didn't start recruiting him hard until Simpson got there. So I wouldn't be surprised if there is a philosophical difference between what Simpson likes/wants and what Manny likes/wants. Pure speculation on my part though. I just figure if Manny really liked him then they would have been recruiting him before Simpson got there. It's not like he wasn't unknown. He got an Alabama "offer" in 10th grade. He didn't grow like people thought he would so a lot of the big time schools backed off. Not having spring also affected his recruitment because schools weren't able to verify his actual height in person. (and the perception from his film was that he was between 5'11"-6'0")

If Miami was looking for a 1-technique that actually stayed his a$$ in the gap and played the run like a grown man, then I would say they were making a mistake by not recruiting Tarber. But I can't honestly and objectively say that right now, knowing what Miami likes to do up front.

I just don’t see how an “immovable” nose tackle is not a top priority regardless of scheme.

A kid like this is a HUGE ASSET on run downs, short yardage, goal line, and vs Sec/B1G teams. We should always have at minimum one guy with his skill set.

It’s like Miami coaches always have tunnel vision and can’t see any football outside their philosophy. This type thinking is how you get blown out when teams expose your weaknesses because your team isn’t well rounded.

Advertisement

Go Canes

This honey is drinking the maple syrup straight from the bottle.

I don't know if that just a top down thing, or if Baker/Stroud had no effing clue what to do, but it aint rocket science
Stroud wasnt participating in game prep, iirc. I dont even think he was present for the game. Covid-related

Go Canes
Jesus W Christ....Thank God I ate before viewing this Behemoth...

Advertisement
I love the freaky, pass rush, get vertical, tweeter, athletic DT types just as much as anyone but at some point in a game (goaline, short yardage, run situations) or versus big boy teams (Bama, Clemson, OSU, etc.) you need some beef. I'd take Tarber just for that alone. Maybe the staff feels they only need one of these types and Miller is the guy? idk.

Advertisement
I love the freaky, pass rush, get vertical, tweeter, athletic DT types just as much as anyone but at some point in a game (goaline, short yardage, run situations) or versus big boy teams (Bama, Clemson, OSU, etc.) you need some beef. I'd take Tarber just for that alone. Maybe the staff feels they only need one of these types and Miller is the guy? idk.
They got Haye last class.

Surprised Tarber isn’t a Georgia take. He fits what they do in the middle really well. Not quite a Bama kid, but Georgia I could see.

Doesn’t fit the scheme Muami want to run, but I want them to tweak what the run at 0/1 anyway. Let the 0 sit at LOS and obliterate a few of those traps/pullers against UNC and you reset things a bit.

But I’m not paid high six figures to coach it, either, so…

Stroud was not present for UNC

also heard UNC OL coach knew what we were doing by watching DL hands presnap.
the 2nd part is not uncommon. Any team that stunts up front as much as we do has that tell. Hand, shade alignment (loose or tight to the OL's shoulder) and foot stagger can give away where you're going.

Now getting an offensive line to recognize that while running an uptempo offense is much tougher and impressive.

Advertisement
Back