Alton Tarber 2022 NT

Advertisement
Advertisement
Laziness is a bit of a strong word though.
A lazy player doesn't fire off the ball, doesn't come to practice, doesn't run sprints, doesn't lift weights, doesn't take-on double teams, etc.
Tarber works.

Nobody said he was "lazy", some schools just want to see him show more motor. (i.e. chasing plays down, etc)

On the snap of the ball, at the point of attack, there's no DT better than Tarber in the entire state arguably. That's never been his issue. It's continuing that effort AFTER the first 2 seconds of the play that schools want to see.
You are literally saying he’s lazy just in a nicer way lol.

Not continuing to play with effort past 2 seconds can be described as lack of effort and laziness.

He’s definitely worth a flier. He’s better then Lyons no question, Tarber is high risk/ high reward type due to “lack of effort”.

\We had a NT under Shannon, Antonio Dixon from Booker T. Was a total beast but would always gas out. I believe they called him something like "two tricks Dix" because he could only go for two snaps a series. Lazy was never his problem as far as I can recall. S&C and just his genetic makeup made it harder for him.
3 play Dix

\We had a NT under Shannon, Antonio Dixon from Booker T. Was a total beast but would always gas out. I believe they called him something like "two tricks Dix" because he could only go for two snaps a series. Lazy was never his problem as far as I can recall. S&C and just his genetic makeup made it harder for him.
Ironic my wife gave me the same nickname....

Advertisement
Laziness is a bit of a strong word though.
A lazy player doesn't fire off the ball, doesn't come to practice, doesn't run sprints, doesn't lift weights, doesn't take-on double teams, etc.
Tarber works.

Nobody said he was "lazy", some schools just want to see him show more motor. (i.e. chasing plays down, etc)

On the snap of the ball, at the point of attack, there's no DT better than Tarber in the entire state arguably. That's never been his issue. It's continuing that effort AFTER the first 2 seconds of the play that schools want to see.

I can hear my old 145 pound Optimist football coach now. Screaming near the top of his lungs,

"PLAY TO THE WHISTLE!! PLAY TO THE WHISTLE!!! YOU'VE GOT TO PLAY TO THE WHISTLE!!!"

Well this is why we have Simpson and other highly paid coaches -- to determine whether Tarber's limitations are due to lack of good S&C (which most high school kids just don't get) or lack of effort/desire. As we all know, if it's the former we can correct that and big kid can be a monster for us.

I personally think he's a take all day, but I have full faith in Simpson's analysis and assessment.

At the end of the day, we've got to get much bigger and stronger in the trenches in order to hang with the elites so I'm hoping Simpson thinks he's a take. We need the size.

I can hear my old 145 pound Optimist football coach now. Screaming near the top of his lungs,

"PLAY TO THE WHISTLE!! PLAY TO THE WHISTLE!!! YOU'VE GOT TO PLAY TO THE WHISTLE!!!"
I can hear my old 145 pound Optimist football coach now. Mumbling under his breath,

"I swear to gawd I hate these lil muhfuccas"

Yes, we certainly need Tarber type size, strength, and power at the 1T spot to pair with future studs at the 3T and to disrupt OL blocking schemes and to wreck havoc upfront. I think if Simpson really likes Alton that he sees in him someone he can mold into a top flight DT, and one that will cause the type of disruption we’ve needed across the DL. Pair that with some fast twitch DE’s who can set the edge and cause TFL and sacks and you have the recipe for a top flight DL that could help mask some of our issues at the LB spot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Today is the today.

Go Canes
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

145lbs man today unlimited is where the real dogs are at. An yeah pure facts that at some point all the coaches cuss the lil jits under their breath. Lol.

Go Canes

Unlimited weight football didn't exist in south Florida until recently.

This is the guy Simpson wants and less importantly I want. Smaller faster lb’s need these hosses in front of them.
Yes. Stud linemen who will protect the LBs and set them free to make plays.

Many years ago, the late Bob Karmelowicz, our excellent DL coach for the great '89 team (Maryland and Tez inside), told me our LBs in '89 never got blocked. I guess with an upfield attacking defense that basic principle still applies.

I watched some replays of that miserable UNC game and saw NC OTs getting way into our LB level and picking off linebackers. There RBs would then run for miles.

Advertisement
Back