Alonzo

giphy.gif
Ain't nobody in the Hecht love any of us.

Advertisement
I have 3 problems with this hire and I like Alonzo so it’s nothing personal.

1.) It might be counterproductive because if he isn’t given the complete control that he needs to do his job forget it. in that case it’s all a cover to protect others jobs.

2.) What makes Zo all of a sudden the savior of the republic? Is it because he is a “Miami Guy” because if it is FOH with this nonsense. We tried this dopey approach before with disastrous results. at a minimum it set the program back at least a decade.

3.) What kind of strong coach would come in here to have 3 bosses to report to in Jake Blames, Strawley and Zo? Like I said before the program’s organizational chart would be a complete train wreck the lunatics would be running the asylum.
We still have the recruiting issue even if he comes.
Zo better find a way to jailbreak those sec money phones?

Before you guys start celebrating DBC was actually accurate, read this:

I have 3 problems with this hire and I like Alonzo so it’s nothing personal.

1.) It might be counterproductive because if he isn’t given the complete control that he needs to do his job forget it. in that case it’s all a cover to protect others jobs.

2.) What makes Zo all of a sudden the savior of the republic? Is it because he is a “Miami Guy” because if it is FOH with this nonsense. We tried this dopey approach before with disastrous results. at a minimum it set the program back at least a decade.

3.) What kind of strong coach would come in here to have 3 bosses to report to in Jake Blames, Strawley and Zo? Like I said before the program’s organizational chart would be a complete train wreck the lunatics would be running the asylum.

at this point, get him in the door in any capacity and let's see how it plays out. even if he isn't given full control and direction, it doesn't mean it won't happen down the road. maybe it is a way to get the AD's replacement already in the house for next year. and i know AH won't want to handle diving and track and field and ****** ventilation sports, but that's what assistant AD's are for. let them handle the other and the lesser sports, let AH handle football.

Advertisement
Okay, basically, Zo explains why he isn’t coming tomorrow at 7. Got it. Nobody does a radio show to announce for an institution that he has been hired.

Okay, basically, Zo explains why he isn’t coming tomorrow at 7. Got it. Nobody does a radio show to announce for an institution that he has been hired.

or the school announces before he goes on the show since it didn't state what time hes going on

Advertisement
I know COS doesn’t hold a lot of power before everyone comes here and starts beating a dead horse. But having him in the program is a huge boost. He’ll take over after Blake gets canned next year.

If Miami did this, I'd laugh my *** off. Alonzo doesn't know anything about managing a collegiate athletic department. Will he be able to manage the non revenue sports? Will he give a ****? Probably not. Will he be okay with having to oversee things like marketing, outreach and other things that have nothing to do with football?

Alonzo as a football only director is fine, but I wouldn't turn over the entire AD to him. The time of the "Old jock comes home and serves as a figurehead for the department" is over. USC figured it out, and they have the resources and alumni support to actually have a figurehead running around. Get an experienced, talented AD, give them a clear mission and get out of the **** way. Not complicated..

or the school announces before he goes on the show since it didn't state what time hes going on
That would be tables and microphones 🎤 for an 80s player heading back to the campus. That ain’t finished before 10am.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back