Alonzo

Advertisement
I'll trust DMoney over Ferman any day of the week.
I agree but D never confirmed any specifics. He just said he was going to wait until he got details but said, Zo's not coming to get manure coffee. That certainly seemed like an opinion, I do agree and hope so but I've learned to temper expectations with this program.

Wonder what impact Zo will have on recruiting. Love to hear your takes on this yall.

Also hope all you shlubs are having a great day and are getting **** faced to watch the Tigers win tonight.

Advertisement
I agree but D never confirmed any specifics. He just said he was going to wait until he got details but said, Zo's not coming to get manure coffee. That certainly seemed like an opinion, I do agree and hope so but I've learned to temper expectations with this program.

I posted this elsewhere but I spoke to Paul DiMare's son, Paul is the booster who was fronting the salary for Zo. Paul wasn't going to pay his salary for him to just be a figurehead. This would make sense for the back and forth. James and Manny (opinion at this point) probably supported Zo to come on (as reported) BUT wanted Zo to be a figurehead and not have much authority, the BOT and Zo, likely wanted him to essentially be AD to football and be able to tell James to F off. If it does happen, I assume an obvious middle ground was met.

Like Zo will get Manny's coffee, but Zo gets to tell Manny how he takes his coffee and when to drink it.

I posted this elsewhere but I spoke to Paul DiMare's son, Paul is the booster who was fronting the salary for Zo. Paul wasn't going to pay his salary for him to just be a figurehead. This would make sense for the back and forth. James and Manny (opinion at this point) probably supported Zo to come on (as reported) BUT wanted Zo to be a figurehead and not have much authority, the BOT and Zo, likely wanted him to essentially be AD to football and be able to tell James to F off. If it does happen, I assume an obvious middle ground was met.

Like Zo will get Manny's coffee, but Zo gets to tell Manny how he takes his coffee and when to drink it.

if this is a brand new position I would assume it takes time to delineate the responsibilities and put it in writing. And that is not even including negotiating salary and benefits, etc.

if this is a brand new position I would assume it takes time to delineate the responsibilities and put it in writing. And that is not even including negotiating salary and benefits, etc.

Salary is salary. He's not getting stock options or annual incentive bonuses based on profitability.

Benefits are benefits, for a job that isn't called "president" or "head football coach".

Advertisement
Salary is salary. He's not getting stock options or annual incentive bonuses based on profitability.

Benefits are benefits, for a job that isn't called "president" or "head football coach".

I really don't know. Things always seem simpler from the outside don't they? We will see when and if this gets done what the hold up was all about.

Lol I like that description. Aka Obviously Zo will have to report to the head football coach, but he will have real, tangible power.

Wonder what impact Zo will have on recruiting. Love to hear your takes on this yall.

Also hope all you shlubs are having a great day and are getting **** faced to watch the Tigers win tonight.
If nothing else, I hope he helps get guys evaluated early, analyze them better than we have been, send offers out quicker, and keep a big enough board/maintain relationships where we are not panicking at the end.

Love it. People making it seem like the hold up is over PTO and whether he gets a gym membership.

Advertisement
Confirmed by the living legend DBC!
CC68657B-5F76-4670-9D6D-E980D755C527.jpeg

Anyone know if any steps are being taken towards on making it official? From everything I understand money won't be the issue it's going to be title, responsibilities, and who he reports to?

Any insight is appreciated.

Advertisement
my sauces say there were/are waiting for three things. 1. normal HR crap (already posted by DDinero). 2. the afterglow of the Clemson-LSU game to subside. 3. removal of the tackling dummies with FIU, La Tech, GT and Duke uniforms on to be removed from the She Shed. they didn't want Zo to see the dummies.

Last edited:
Or if he was really coming, he would've resigned.

Or there are lots of moving parts in Cleveland too, his agent wasn’t known to fly in until after it was a “done deal” and his agent is currently doing his job, including repping players at an “All Star” game not being played in Miami and making sure the money makes sense for Alonzo...

Or CIS can oversimplify things to throw shade at the school....

Advertisement
Back