Alonzo will not be joining the Miami Administration

UM also pays Manny a solid $1-1.5M less per year than Richt to help make up that buyout.

Yes power and control are a big part of it but cmon dude its all about the $$$ at the end of the day. The UM BOT is stingy and they arent going to blow $1-3M on a Football AD / Chief of staff when the normal AD doesnt even make that..

Highsmith's "price tag" was mentioned in the media as being $600K.

And the idea that the AD cannot have a direct report who makes more than him is a bit silly given that Manny reports to the AD and makes more than the AD does.

Advertisement
BJ phocked it up with “We’re looking at other candidates as well....” Miami can’t play poker if their life depended on it.

LOL, flake thinks just like a girl that tries to do business with men, he's clueless than a ****. For real, highsmith doesnt want to come and work with the backstabbing unappreciative clowns at UM. The reputation of that school got built off of the same guys they try and distance themselves from. Reminds me of that press conference that troll shalala did in regards to willie williams, lol, pretending like they really wanted him here, but holding a press conference cow tying down to the media trying to justify why he was signing here. Showed the True weakness of this administration and the fan base who praised the troll as if that grinch did anything, ***** that hoe *** ****, they been running a hoe *** operation since the troll came in, until we get back to real men being in charge, this program not going no **** where!

Do you guys realize how stupid it is to care if Fake and Manure are collaborating on a Chief of Staff hire? It would be a meaningless puppet position anyway if he’s being hired by Fake and has to report to Fake and get manure’s approval.

The only way this had a chance of working was if someone above Fake hired an autonomous guy to oversee the football operations.

The whole power structure of the arrangement would not be attractive to Highsmith or any other serious candidate. I do think that this news does tell us that the end for Blake and Manny is coming, its just not now.

Advertisement
I’m with you lol. He got some reason has a tight grip and I don’t know why. I mean, he was a decent DC. He had fast defensive guys and he called aggressive plays. But our D got burned a lot so he was a lot of risk and reward. What Blake James did wasn’t lazy. The Athletic Department and the BOTs really thought Manny was the GUY.

Was it because he “Looks” Miami? From here? I don’t know. We like aggressive teams but for f@&$& sake. Hopefully after next year someone will come to their senses and get rid of the top people Like James and Strawley.
James is a marketing/sales guy. He wouldn’t know a good executive decision related to sports results. No one on the BOT, or at least no one with any power, does either.

The Administration only care about not being embarrassed. Manny has one more year because it would be embarrassing to admit hiring him was a mistake.

UM paid $3 million to buyout Manny's contract with Temple and the dude hadn't even set up his office in the Temple Athletic Dept. Its not about the money IMO. Its about power and control. The people within the AD do NOT want to surrender that power.

UM paid $4m for the buyout.

Do you guys realize how stupid it is to care if Fake and Manure are collaborating on a Chief of Staff hire? It would be a meaningless puppet position anyway if he’s being hired by Fake and has to report to Fake and get manure’s approval.

The only way this had a chance of working was if someone above Fake hired an autonomous guy to oversee the football operations.

the chief of staff, itself, is a meaningless position. i think the FSU one controls like travel and admin **** like that. a director of football ops is what we need. if theyre hiring a chief of staff then just convince Simpson to come back as DL Coahc and move stroud back to what he got hired for. if we want a director of football ops, pay w.e. it takes for Zo or similar. again, it isnt whether blake wants this imo, its whether the BOT wants this and they seemingly do not

If the position “chief of staff” was the same thing Todd stroud had when he was hired initially then what the big fuss about anyway? Even hiring Alonzo highsmith in that position does us no good let’s be real. He needs to be in a general manager position of sorts like LSU did with Austin thomas or what mark Pantoni from Ohio state does now. Or a step further remove Blake completely in football operations and hand it over to highsmith.

Advertisement
Highsmith's "price tag" was mentioned in the media as being $600dK.

And the idea that the AD cannot have a direct report who makes more than him is a bit silly given that Manny reports to the AD and makes more than the AD does.

Who knows what his price tag is. As stated above though NFL GM's make $1-3M so if Highsmith has a legit shot at another NFL GM job no way he was coming here for $600K

And thats how college football/basketball work. HC's always make more than the college AD. But again no ****** way the school was going to go out and hire a "Football AD" for more than the AD for the entire school. Thats delusional fan talk. Better odds of the school firing Blake next year if Manny goes 6-7 again and hiring a new AD all together...

Who knows what his price tag is. As stated above though NFL GM's make $1-3M so if Highsmith has a legit shot at another NFL GM job no way he was coming here for $600K

And thats how college football/basketball work. HC's always make more than the college AD. But again no ****** way the school was going to go out and hire a "Football AD" for more than the AD for the entire school. Thats delusional fan talk. Better odds of the school firing Blake next year if Manny goes 6-7 again and hiring a new AD all together...

we all know how this clown *** BOT will work. manny gets fired for not winning 10 and then they go after mario and he says **** off. then we hire some bum *** from (insert g5 school here) and were back here in four years

If the position “chief of staff” was the same thing Todd stroud had when he was hired initially then what the big fuss about anyway? Even hiring Alonzo highsmith in that position does is no good. He needs to be in a general manager position of sorts like LSU did with Austin thomas or what mark Pantoni from Ohio state does now. Or a step further remove Blake completely in football operations and hand it over to highsmith.
I think I speak for myself when I say the disappointment and anger today stems from us thinking it was the latter and not the former. We hoped it was an autonomous position that reported to no one except the BOT and oversaw football. We all hitched onto having hope last night and this morning we realize we're screwed, again.

UM also pays Manny a solid $1-1.5M less per year than Richt to help make up that buyout.

Yes power and control are a big part of it but cmon dude its all about the $$$ at the end of the day. The UM BOT is stingy and they arent going to blow $1-3M on a Football AD / Chief of staff when the normal AD doesnt even make that..

They paid a solid $1-$1.5m b/c Diaz is a 1st yr head coach. Diaz didn’t deserve a $3m contract. He should’ve been in the $2 - $2.2m, if we’re keeping it 💯

Advertisement
Advertisement
They paid a solid $1-$1.5m b/c Diaz is a 1st yr head coach. Diaz didn’t deserve a $3m contract. He should’ve been in the $2 - $2.2m, if we’re keeping it 💯

nah it was reported that manny agreed to take 3 or so a year bc of the buyout (thats how it was framed). thats about starting for a p5 coach even tho i agree manny doesnt deserve more than 2.

Agreed. My point on not hiring a "Football AD" $1M+ still stands.

All this Highsmith talk just seemed like a neat idea by someone but the $$$ math was never going to work...

Advertisement
Back