Alonzo will not be joining the Miami Administration

Imagine how irrelevant the university of miami would be if they didnt waltz into schnelly and Jimmy Johnson. These ******* morons have been successful despite their own selves from the tad Foote days, but this complete apathy of what put this university on the map has viciously come into full circle with these ******* loser BOT and flake jimmies

#welfarecheckU

Advertisement
Interesting...Blake James conducts a one candidate search when Richt resigned that lasted a few hours. Gave the job to a coach with NO credentials to be a HC.

He tells Alonzo Highsmith who knows more about being a Hurricane than Manny Diaz ever will..."we will get back to you later..."
Seems legit, huh?

Advertisement
Exactly, why would Alonzo agree to work at the discretion of Manny ******* Diaz and a glorified ticket scalper? His knowledge and experience is far superior to both. Put him in charge of the whole thing.
Whether he took the job or not, it’s a useless fcking position if he has to report to Fake and be a liaison to a lisper.

The position is another shell game to sell to dopey fans who are too retarded to realize no matter who’s in the position it’s garbage if they’re under Fake.

Advertisement
So in an era where Tennessee didn’t hire a coach based on fan/social media outrage/image, the best Miami fans can do is group therapy on CIS and a billboard we’ll **** up the messaging??

AH joining as Chief of Staff always seemed far fetched to me unless:

1) The position has a very competitive compensation package. AH is an aspiring NFL GM. His compensation would need to be comparable to an NFL GM. Do we really think UM would be willing to pay that? I doubt it.

2) The position has roles and responsibilities that match someone with AH’s expertise, knowledge, experience, and gravitas. AH is not going to come be a paper pusher.

3) The reporting structure and the interests of the parties are right. Blake made it sound like he had to consult with Manny about it. Manny is never going to suggest a new boss that knows more than he does! Right now Blake just lets Manny do what Manny wants. Also, Blake is clearly not in charge, as he apparently thought it appropriate to ask Manny if he thought it was necessary - as in, “would this help you?” Why would AH join as a subordinate to Manny or even Blake? Given the state of the program, this may need to be a role that reports to the BOT.

What I sense from the outside is that the athletic department and football program have a misalignment of interests and responsibilities problem. Who is responsible for what and how is that person accountable for non performance?

There was a company that I advised where the guys reporting to the CEO were on the company’s board of directors, reported solely to the board and not the CEO, and sat on the compensation committee that determined the CEO’s compensation package. As you can imagine, those guys did whatever the f*ck they wanted to and the CEO couldn’t stop them. They went rogue repeatedly (signed big contracts with venders without authorization, etc.) and created a toxic environment. The CEO was quite skilled, but he was helpless Eventually the company was taken over by lenders.

The UM situation reminds me a little bit of the company I mentioned above. Why the **** is Blake asking Manny for his input? Manny ain’t the boss, and this season’s results indicate to me that Manny shouldn’t be consulted about big structural items. It screams “no accountability” across the athletic department to me.

danny white isnt coming here to be a puppet for the trustees. **** end up at UF imo as AD when/if stricklen leaves.

I never said he was going to come here to be a puppet. I do think he would come here for a raise, he doesn't make much now, and actual autonomy. I don't know why we can't do that.

I don't know where Danny White ultimately ends up but he is certainly qualified, proven and cheap (less than $600K). He has earned the opportunity to work at a bigger program and we can offer him that.

Advertisement
BJ and MD are scared of someone knowing more than they do and destroying them.
This is factual. Diaz displays this in guys who he hires around him. You think Diaz would have thought to hire kuligowksi? No which is why richt hired him before the dc was announced. Diaz then hires yes men around him who previously worked for him

omar kelly isnt the source id believe, BUT if Zos intentions are being an NFL GM (from his side) then maybe that was communicated to the admin. well see soon enough anyways
Sounds like a face saving statement after getting turned down. Man if true the only silver lining is the heat on both Manny and Blake will intensify. Thought things were bad before I can only imagine how fans will respond about hopeful news being snatched away. **** is about to get real. I hope he's wrong though.

I never said he was going to come here to be a puppet. I do think he would come here for a raise, he doesn't make much now, and actual autonomy. I don't know why we can't do that.

I don't know where Danny White ultimately ends up but he is certainly qualified, proven and cheap (less than $600K). He has earned the opportunity to work at a bigger program and we can offer him that.

agreed on white in terms of what he has done. i dont think the BOT will give anyone actual autonomy tho.

Advertisement
Anybody who knows anything about football and sits down for five minutes for the meeting with that mutt and that loafer wearing POS is ready to walk out of there knowing that they’re not on board with winning.
It’s obvious right now that everybody has a really really hot seat. There seems to be dissent between everyone in the athletic department and between the athletic department and the coaching staff.
It’s looking like chaos right now.

agreed on white in terms of what he has done. i dont think the BOT will give anyone actual autonomy tho.

I don't even understand why they want this power; they're clearly awful at it. Why don't they just focus on academics, which have gone downhill (not the point) and allow a competent AD with passion and autonomy run athletics. Seems pretty simple.

I would love to see him replace Flake. He's done an amazing job building that athletic department and fundraising.

But we've become such an embarrassment that I'm not even sure if he would look at UM as a step up from UCF. The raise would obviously attract but honestly I'm not sure UCF wouldn't be able to match our offer.

Advertisement
Back