All time Favorite UM Player name

Advertisement
Best name, bar none, was probably Barry *****, a reserve halfback in the early '60's.

Then there was Golden Ruel (given name) who is still with Pete Carroll at Seattle. Ruel was OL coach on the great USC teams a decade ago

Always liked how Taylor Timmons rolled of the tongue.
Could have been an All time Great at UM.....played at Ft Myers High...his Coach The Late Sam Sirianni's daughter (Stephanie) is a close friend...he had EVERYTHING you wanted in a RB....Unfortunately he caught a murder charge after his frosh yr (1975)..(Pistol Whipped a Guy and gun went off in Ft Myers) and recieved 25yrs....Hes been out since 96 and doing well...had a Son who played FB in Texas....

Advertisement
I agree....I always tell people that although 2001 was the most Talented UM team...the 91 team would give them fits...and then some....of course they laugh at me (younger fans)...they start that "Who's getting by Mckinnie...Jaquan...Romberg...etc to pressure Dorsey??...and I tell them that Texas team that the 91 team destroyed had two AA OLmen themselves and it meant nothing....Lol....Good Luck stopping Curry...Maryland....Patrick...Medearis...Krein...Tez...etc....with Mckinnie and Romberg....If Ohio Sts 02 Defensive line could give the 02 Canes fits....the 91 DL would make shambles of it....
Speaking of names Rusty Medearis was one of college footballs all time best rush DE. Dude was from the Ozarks and certainly had a motor. Tragic Career ending knee injury, one of my all time favorites.

@330 Cane Here's an Oldie but Goodie for ya...Took this pic in 81 in the Gables....
Danny Miller (L)...Jeff Flea Davis (R)....
Thought you'd enjoy....

Advertisement
Speaking of names Rusty Medearis was one of college footballs all time best rush DE. Dude was from the Ozarks and certainly had a motor. Tragic Career ending knee injury, one of my all time favorites.
On a Dirty hit....Missouri was his homestate if I'm correct...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back