All time Favorite UM Player name

Advertisement
Baraka Atkins

Advertisement
From the late 60's, Bobby Best, a big fast RB from I believe Kentucky. I seem to remember he had a good game against a USC team with OJ Simpson as their feature back.

Part of the Posse, Part of the Triangle, a great safety (dudes here tried to tell me Jaquan was better, not even close) and a tough as nails RB who scored the game winner in Tally after G hit Hi C on 4th down and 6 inside the 10 in that 91 game.
Larry Jones
Part of the Posse, Part of the Triangle, a great safety (dudes here tried to tell me Jaquan was better, not even close) and a tough as nails RB who scored the game winner in Tally after G hit Hi C on 4th down and 6 inside the 10 in that 91 game.
Larry Jones scored the game winner....Mcguire went nuts on FSU in 1990...

Advertisement
Oh trust me I know...Lol....
Noles were 1 Canes were 2 in that 91 game. Talk about defense, the Canes has given up like 7 points a game going into Tally. Crazy how many athletes were on that field. There was such respect between the two teams and it exists nearly 30 years later. The young ones here have no idea what UM put on the field back then. 2000-04 were great, but that 10 year run will never be matched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Noles were 1 Canes were 2 in that 91 game. Talk about defense, the Canes has given up like 7 points a game going into Tally. Crazy how many athletes were on that field. There was such respect between the two teams and it exists nearly 30 years later. The young ones here have no idea what UM put on the field back then. 2000-04 were great, but that 10 year run will never be matched.
I agree....I always tell people that although 2001 was the most Talented UM team...the 91 team would give them fits...and then some....of course they laugh at me (younger fans)...they start that "Who's getting by Mckinnie...Jaquan...Romberg...etc to pressure Dorsey??...and I tell them that Texas team that the 91 team destroyed had two AA OLmen themselves and it meant nothing....Lol....Good Luck stopping Curry...Maryland....Patrick...Medearis...Krein...Tez...etc....with Mckinnie and Romberg....If Ohio Sts 02 Defensive line could give the 02 Canes fits....the 91 DL would make shambles of it....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Andy Sixkiller 64 & 65
Yep. We had two starting DBs from Oklahoma who were Indians: Jim Wahnee and Andy Sixkiller. Both, I believe, transferred in from Oklahoma JUCO's. I think Sixkiller passed away a few years back after a career in Miami area fire department. Sixkiller, in particular, was a star.

From the late 60's, Bobby Best, a big fast RB from I believe Kentucky. I seem to remember he had a good game against a USC team with OJ Simpson as their feature back.
Best came from a prep school in Kentucky. He was state HS 100 yard champion. We also had another stud back, Vince Opalsky, who was fast, powerful, but always getting hurt. I don't know why these guys never had pro careers.

Advertisement
Back