All time Favorite UM Player name

Advertisement
Side note; the late, great Stanley Shakespeare was a **** of a name for a Cane—wide receiver that was part of the 1983 championship squad (and who drowned on a fishing trip back in 2005.)
From Jupiter Fl...Him and Eddie Brown were ****...both 6'0 190...he drowned because his boat was drifting away as he was swimming to it...Shakes was a Favorite of mine.

From Jupiter Fl...Him and Eddie Brown were ****...both 6'0 190...he drowned because his boat was drifting away as he was swimming to it...Shakes was a Favorite of mine.
He was from Lake Worth. He died off Jupiter.

Advertisement
Horace “Hi C” Copeland was another favorite. A member of The Ruthless Posse and famous for his end zone flips. Caught a 4th down pass from Gino on an audible to set up winning TD in Tally in 91 leading to UM’s 4th NC.

Oh stop it. He saw the field ... and he let a potential game-winning touchdown fly through his hands against North Carolina in 2008.

Bad memory. I was there.

But if we're going strictly by names, then since the team name is "Hurricanes" you have to include:

KAYNE Farquharson
Kelvin CAIN
STORM Johnson

Great names for Canes. Too bad none of them ended up contributing much on the field.

Advertisement
Horace “Hi C” Copeland was another favorite. A member of The Ruthless Posse and famous for his end zone flips. Caught a 4th down pass from Gino on an audible to set up winning TD in Tally in 91 leading to UM’s 4th NC.
It was a 1st down throw (on 4th) to the 7yd line....Larry Jones scored seconds later. Horace's Brother (Bobby) is a Asst Manager at a Publix here in Orlando...you literally cant tell them apart.

It was against Terrell Buckley

Advertisement
For the fishermen out there: Kyle Cobia and Robert Bass

Side note: I nicknamed my dog "Thurston Arm-twister".

Advertisement
That looks like Darryl Williams, Lamar, McGuire and Darrin Smith
Part of the Posse, Part of the Triangle, a great safety (dudes here tried to tell me Jaquan was better, not even close) and a tough as nails RB in Steven McGuire

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back