All-Time Broward County Football Team

Advertisement
Pretty good list. These guys at least deserve honorable mentions IMO.

Sterling Palmer (STA 1989)
Lamarcus Joyner (STA 2010)
James Williams (AH 2021)

Joyner probably deserves 1st team status he was USA Today National Defensive POY and #1 DB nationally his last year at St Thomas Aquinas.

We never got to see James full potential due to covid and he transferred around constantly. But as a prospect he’s as highly touted a S recruit in the last decade.

Sterling Palmer another blue chip FSU bust. He was one of the Top5 overall players in the nation in the 89 class. It was the transition class when Jimmy left for Dallas. I believe Palmer was the #2 LB in the nation that season the #1 LB was a guy named Jessie Armstead you might’ve heard of him. Palmer switched to DE at Florida State and was either a 2nd or 3rd round pick I think. But coming out of STA he was supposed to be the next big thing he’s a Broward legend.

Tyson Campbell probably deserves an honorable mention top10 prospect nationally and a pure stud in track as well.
- I waas editing the list because i had Asante Samuel as a nickel...but honestly in high school he did more work at qb. So Joyner is on thjere.

-James Williams i will likely add on.. He is so recent it slipped me. He had more effect than Pat Surtain Jr. So i can add him there.

- I waas editing the list because i had Asante Samuel as a nickel...but honestly in high school he did more work at qb. So Joyner is on thjere.

-James Williams i will likely add on.. He is so recent it slipped me. He had more effect than Pat Surtain Jr. So i can add him there.
Yeah Joyner was legit. James is recent so is Surtain but both def deserve to be mentioned.

Advertisement
Y'all know Rooster is the 2nd leading rusher in Broward history, right?

If we're strictly talking about HS career he has to be on the team.

Y'all know Rooster is the 2nd leading rusher in Broward history, right?

If we're strictly talking about HS career he has to be on the team.
He can definately be on there...ITS ON PREFERENCE. Maybe he slots over Lorenzo White in the group. Its only on high school career.

**** Duke Johnson wasnt even named in thehonorable mention section in dade and he got records lol

He can definately be on there...ITS ON PREFERENCE. Maybe he slots over Lorenzo White in the group. Its only on high school career.

**** Duke Johnson wasnt even named in thehonorable mention section in dade and he got records lol
I had Duke as the 1st team All-Purpose. But a lot of people would probably disagree with me on that as the list of Dade RBs goes on and on for days.

Advertisement
Broward's secondary is very intimidating size wise. They were all over 190 as High School players
Patrick Peterson is still the best high school CB I’ve ever seen not just in Broward. Not just in Florida but in the nation. Literally no weakness in his game. It’s like he was built in a lab to play CB. When I think of the standard at CB he’s what I think of. Still stings to this day that L$U stole him away from us last minute.

Imagine how much more hyped our already #1 overall 08 class would’ve been with him. He’s well on his way to Canton.

Defense coached by @Coach Macho and Damon Cogdell

DL-
Corey Simon, DT, Ely
Rubin Carter, DT, Stranahan
Jerome Mcdougle,DE ,Ely
Joey Bosa, DE, St Thomas Aquinas
Honorable Mention: Matthias Askew, DT, Dillard Nick Bosa,DE St Thomas A quinas Brian Burns, DE, American Heritage Geno Atkins, St Thomas Aquinas

LB-

Dan Morgan, MLB, Taravella
Jon Beason, WLB, Chaminade
Barry Krauss, LB, Pompano
Ryan Shazier, EDGE, Plantation
Honorable Mention: Abdul Hodge, Boyd Anderson Rod Carter, Fort Lauderdale Devin Bush Jr, Flanagan Tavares Gooden, St Thomas

DB-

Patrick Johnson Peterson,CB Ely
Bryant Mcfadden CB, Mcarthur
Bennie Blades, S, Piper
Major Wright,S, St Thomas
Lamarcus Joyner,Nickel, St Thomas
Honorable Mention: Tyrone Carter, Nickel, Ely Al Blades,S , Plantation Travis Daniels, cb, South Broward Brian Robinson,Dillard Pat Surtain Jr, American Heritage James Williams S, American Heritage

ATH- Guys that played both ways and could go on either all time teams.

Chris Gamble,WR/DB Dillard
Tavares Spillman,WR/DB Hollywood Hills
Asante Samuel,QB/CB, Boyd Anderson
Daryl Porter RB/S, St Thomas

RIP- Calvin Jackson, DB Dillard Leonard Myers DB, Dillard
Gotta have Martavious Houston from Boyd Anderson in that secondary over Major Wright. He was a monster. Absolutely made for the FS position and was the #1 safety in the country when he came out.

Advertisement
**** I didn’t realize how good that front seven would be.

I remember going to a Plantation vs STA game a few years back and Aquinas had a three man front of the Bosa Bros and Anthony Moten. It was like watching an NFL line go against high school kids. Nick Bosa was only a sophomore but he was already like 6’3” 240. It was a pretty solid Plantation team that won like 7 or 8 regular season games but they just got manhandled.

Do your wide receivers need to kick 50 yard field goals?
Will Smith Fainting GIF

If you made an All-Time 954 football team what would it look like? Not necessarily talking how they ended up in college/pros, more so talking what they was in high school. How great of a prep player they were and as a prospect. Love the back n forth and the stories or film...if you can find em post em for your guys/nominees

Head Coach: George Smith,St Thomas Aquinas
Assistant Coach: @Coach Macho, CIS
Mark Guandolo, Chaminade

We will start with the offense.

QB: Geno Smith, QB, Miramar (Im 100percent bias)
Denard Robinson,QB, Deerfield Beach
Ryan Schneider,QB, Plantation
Honorable Mention: Quinn Gray, Dillard

RB: Tyrone Moss, RB, Ely
Errict Rhett, RB, Hollywood McArthur
Lorenzo White,RB, Dillard
Zack Crockett,FB, Ely
Honorable Mention: Sony Michel, RB, American Heritage, Autry Denson,RB, Nova Quadtrine Hill, Piper (HB/FB ) Otis Mounds, rb, Dillard Tucker Frederickson, S. Broward

WR (4 wr set): Michael Irvin, WR, St Thomas Aquinas
Isaac Bruce,Wr, Dillard
Frank Sanders,WR, Dillard
Kevin Beard, WR, Plantation

Honorable Mention: Brian Blades, Piper Stacey Coley, Northeast Jerry Jeudy, Deerfield Beach

TE: James Jones, TE, Ely

OL: G Steve Hutchinson, Coral Springs
OT Davin Joseph, Hallandale
OT Damion McIntosh, McArthur
C, Brandon Linder,St Thomas Aquinas
G, Stockar Mcdougle, Deerfield Beach

Honorable Mention:Todd Weiner,Taravella Sam Young, St Thomas Aquinas Gogeta4, CIS
RB: Hyland Hickson, Dillard?

Advertisement
This has to be about what they did after high school. For example, James Jones never played TE in high school, he was a RB. At Florida they 1st moved him to FB then to TE. Any all Broward team that does not have Rod Backer from Ely on it has to be about what they did after high school, because he is arguably one of the greatest high school players to play in Broward, and this is coming from a Dillard Panther.

Until recently, there were very few strong football programs in Broward. Obviously STA has been one of the best for a while and Dillard and Ely have been traditional powers but most of the county west of I-95 was rural/suburban for a long time. I graduated high school in 97 and I drove past at least three cow fields on my way to school every day. And I didn’t even live that far west. Big population booms and changing demographics (a lot of people moved from Dade) have really impacted local football. I’d still say Miami Dade is the cream of the high school football crop but the talent levels in Broward are right there now. More kids, more schools, more talent than before.

This has to be about what they did after high school. For example, James Jones never played TE in high school, he was a RB. At Florida they 1st moved him to FB then to TE. Any all Broward team that does not have Rod Backer from Ely on it has to be about what they did after high school, because he is arguably one of the greatest high school players to play in Broward, and this is coming from a Dillard Panther.
It's about what they DID in HS....Not after...

Why is this? Better coaching than Dade?
I dont know maybe its just a phenomenon because its still the same to this day.

But ill venture to guess because Broward has had a more sophisticated passing game than Dade the whole time. So Broward focuses in or plays alot of guys that may have been wrs or qbs in dade more so at DB.

I mean look at the recent broward guys...there is a dearth of db talent still popping out yearly.

Advertisement
Back