All in on Mario is the "Miami" thing to do and therefore completely wrong

Advertisement
Have we learned nothing? At this time there should only be one must for this coaching search. That it is full and thorough and all candidates are considered and fully vetted. There is no candidate out there that is good enough that we should go after them alone and forego a full search. Certainly not Mario and not anyone else either. Consider everyone. Fully evaluate all interested parties. Fully vet them and give consideration to any and everything that could affect their performance. Did anyone think to ask Al Golden in his interview if he was willing to fire his best friend if the defense underperformed? If Urban Meyer said he wanted the job, only a fool would blindly hire him despite his pedigree. What is his commitment level like at this stage in his career? His health? His family? Evaluate everthing. Do it right and the odds go up that you get it right.

If we run out and hire Mario without conducting a full search it will show that we have learned nothing over the past two decades. And if he fails, we'll be sitting here in 4 years lamenting the fact that we put all our eggs in one basket and didn't take the time to fully evaluate Aranda and Kiffin or whoever else is potentially interested in the job.
This is aging as well as Boone's Farm.

Advertisement
Ha! It is completely different this time due to all the "other" stuff (new ad, financial commitment to the program etc). Whether Mario is the right guy or not.....time will tell.
Sorry For Your Loss GIF by moodman

Lol ppl said this about Randy..honestly have you watched Oregon in year 5/6?..Mario cab recruit his *** off. But has yet to sign a QB. With overwhelming talent advantage in that division/conference he manages to lose games he shouldn’t..but the man can ******* recruit
He signed a QB on his 9th day.

Advertisement
He signed a QB on his 9th day.
He inherited jaccurri brown. Kid was a cane regardless. Mario just had to close the deal. To his credit he did that. I’m mostly talking about his time at Oregon. We’ll see how that kid Thompson does out there that was his evaluation

He inherited jaccurri brown. Kid was a cane regardless. Mario just had to close the deal. To his credit he did that. I’m mostly talking about his time at Oregon. We’ll see how that kid Thompson does out there that was his evaluation
That was another OC out there who recruited that QB.

Oregon right? Wasn’t Mario the HC…
He was recruited for a system that isn’t in Oregon anymore. And eval’d by an OC and QBC that also aren’t there anymore. We’ll never know what the old regime would’ve done w him.

That said, the kid is a 5*. He’s likely a decent qb.

Advertisement
You think the big money was going to support a Kiffin hire or anybody else not named Cristobal? Look he deserves all the criticism and then some.

Dude, quite frankly I really don't give a ****. Been battling covid for 5 days. This is entertainment not life. Cheers.
It's all good. Just teasing. I'm rooting for Mario. 👍

Advertisement
You think the big money was going to support a Kiffin hire or anybody else not named Cristobal? Look he deserves all the criticism and then some.

Dude, quite frankly I really don't give a ****. Been battling covid for 5 days. This is entertainment not life. Cheers.
But more importantly, how is the thread aging now?

Advertisement
Back