All in on Mario is the "Miami" thing to do and therefore completely wrong

Said it in another thread, college football for the most part is a mishmash of similar teams.

Recruiting is only a part of the problem. The next coach has to provide a schematic advantage. The portal is changing things for good, there is no more stacking talent over talent unless you are one or two elite programs. And even they’re having issues holding onto kids now.

Advertisement
Through back channeling, the admin and the powers that be should know by now if Mario is willing to come here (same for Lane, Stoops, whoever). While Blake isn't officially gone yet, he won't be here much longer which needs to happen for Mario.

A guy like Herman is the best plan B, some people's plan A, we have. One of the positives and I'm not saying to hire him based solely on this is that he can start today. If we're striking out with the top of the list, get him in now and let him try and salvage some of this recruiting class and get to work on the portal.

If Mario plans on bringing Tim DeRuyter and Joe Moorhead.. I don't want him anyway.

Moorhead.. maybe. But I'm not wasting time watching us run that defense they're running at Oregon.

Have we learned nothing? At this time there should only be one must for this coaching search. That it is full and thorough and all candidates are considered and fully vetted. There is no candidate out there that is good enough that we should go after them alone and forego a full search. Certainly not Mario and not anyone else either. Consider everyone. Fully evaluate all interested parties. Fully vet them and give consideration to any and everything that could affect their performance. Did anyone think to ask Al Golden in his interview if he was willing to fire his best friend if the defense underperformed? If Urban Meyer said he wanted the job, only a fool would blindly hire him despite his pedigree. What is his commitment level like at this stage in his career? His health? His family? Evaluate everthing. Do it right and the odds go up that you get it right.

If we run out and hire Mario without conducting a full search it will show that we have learned nothing over the past two decades. And if he fails, we'll be sitting here in 4 years lamenting the fact that we put all our eggs in one basket and didn't take the time to fully evaluate Aranda and Kiffin or whoever else is potentially interested in the job.
Lol, no of course not. Learning something is the least Miami thing.

Advertisement
Mario, he won't be coming. Just a feeling and I can't say that I blame him. It would be a step down for him.

The only way I see him coming is if he wants to stay here for a long time. He would be like those coaches who stay at their school for years. We would make some runs and average 9 to 10 wins yearly.

He would be our Bowden, Richt at UGA, Beamer at VT, etc.
History says he wouldn't have the option to stay a long time. If he won a NC in year 1 that would buy him a season and a half of goodwill at best.

If Mario plans on bringing Tim DeRuyter and Joe Moorhead.. I don't want him anyway.

Moorhead.. maybe. But I'm not wasting time watching us run that defense they're running at Oregon.
Their defense is just as bad as ours. He better make a change on that side of the ball if we land him.

Advertisement
Mario would get 2 or 3 kids a cycle to stay home that usually leave. I am skeptical of his game day coaching but he would put together a good staff and have us playing tough and physical.

I think Moorhead gets one of the HC gigs. He was a bad fit at Miss State but he can be a good HC, IMO.

Please hire Deon Sanders. Take a chance, take a shot on a proven winner, winner, chicken dinner. The guy has more swag than Mr. Swag himself and gets the whole recruit till you die rule. If you cant afford to hire Nick Saban, then hire a guy who has always been.....a winner. Just a thought.
Just two thoughts

1. No.
2. No.

Advertisement
Well we know that Cristobal, Kiffin, Stoops,Herman are all better than Manny. I’d also take Napier, Freeze, Aranda, Orgeron, over another year of Manny. So why are we waiting to pull the trigger? This guy is done, toast, he was exposed year 1 vs FIU and LA Tech. Wtf is the hold up?

We can him, go after any of the above names. Allow them time to salvage a recruiting class, and get to work. The longer we wait tells me they don’t want to win. Each passing day my interest in this **** program wanes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back