All in on Mario is the "Miami" thing to do and therefore completely wrong

terdferguson

Junior
Have we learned nothing? At this time there should only be one must for this coaching search. That it is full and thorough and all candidates are considered and fully vetted. There is no candidate out there that is good enough that we should go after them alone and forego a full search. Certainly not Mario and not anyone else either. Consider everyone. Fully evaluate all interested parties. Fully vet them and give consideration to any and everything that could affect their performance. Did anyone think to ask Al Golden in his interview if he was willing to fire his best friend if the defense underperformed? If Urban Meyer said he wanted the job, only a fool would blindly hire him despite his pedigree. What is his commitment level like at this stage in his career? His health? His family? Evaluate everthing. Do it right and the odds go up that you get it right.

If we run out and hire Mario without conducting a full search it will show that we have learned nothing over the past two decades. And if he fails, we'll be sitting here in 4 years lamenting the fact that we put all our eggs in one basket and didn't take the time to fully evaluate Aranda and Kiffin or whoever else is potentially interested in the job.

Advertisement
No Mario knows the []_[] he truly knows what it means to be a TRUE CANE he has the SWAG in his blood and he is a blue collar lunch pail guy with a hard hat plus he is Cuban and his wife misses her family what don't you get this is destiny

You are Mario in an interview, why should Miami hire you as their next head football coach? Go....

Mario has to interview UM not the other way around. I think Lane is the Miami thing to do.....I kind of like Herman and Freeze out of all. I hope people right about Lane cause I don't see how he does the things here like he's doing at Ole Miss. I just expect Saban to fail here at this point.

Advertisement
Have we learned nothing? At this time there should only be one must for this coaching search. That it is full and thorough and all candidates are considered and fully vetted. There is no candidate out there that is good enough that we should go after them alone and forego a full search. Certainly not Mario and not anyone else either. Consider everyone. Fully evaluate all interested parties. Fully vet them and give consideration to any and everything that could affect their performance. Did anyone think to ask Al Golden in his interview if he was willing to fire his best friend if the defense underperformed? If Urban Meyer said he wanted the job, only a fool would blindly hire him despite his pedigree. What is his commitment level like at this stage in his career? His health? His family? Evaluate everthing. Do it right and the odds go up that you get it right.

If we run out and hire Mario without conducting a full search it will show that we have learned nothing over the past two decades. And if he fails, we'll be sitting here in 4 years lamenting the fact that we put all our eggs in one basket and didn't take the time to fully evaluate Aranda and Kiffin or whoever else is potentially interested in the job.
Problem is we usually hire Miami coordinators with zero HC experience. Mario actually coaches at a Power 5 school success

You are Mario in an interview, why should Miami hire you as their next head football coach? Go....
Depends who is asking the question. One group wants a detailed plan, others want him to flip the table and said Joaquin said dominate and we’re not doing it…

No Mario knows the []_[] he truly knows what it means to be a TRUE CANE he has the SWAG in his blood and he is a blue collar lunch pail guy with a hard hat plus he is Cuban and his wife misses her family what don't you get this is destiny
Heard this type of crap before. OP couldn’t be more dead on. Myopic searches rarely work out.

Advertisement
Lol ppl said this about Randy..honestly have you watched Oregon in year 5/6?..Mario cab recruit his *** off. But has yet to sign a QB. With overwhelming talent advantage in that division/conference he manages to lose games he shouldn’t..but the man can ******* recruit

It’s A Cane Thing, You Wouldn’t Understand…. There has to be a serious first-order change paradigm shift at UM for what you stated, to happen.

Advertisement
Miami ain't about to buy Mario out his contract and then pay him 7-10 million a year for 5 years. That's atleast a 40 million commitment and the powers that be at miami don't care about winning

Lol ppl said this about Randy..honestly have you watched Oregon in year 5/6?..Mario cab recruit his *** off. But has yet to sign a QB. With overwhelming talent advantage in that division/conference he manages to lose games he shouldn’t..but the man can ******* recruit
Yeah but Randy was a first time coach. He never had the experiences Mario has had.

Mario has done the start up, failed at it, got a bit better there, was fired, went to the best program and then has his new program in a spot where they control their own destiny to the CFB playoff.

Advertisement
I think Mario could have that type of advantage, talentwise, in the ACC except for Clemson. And who knows maybe he can get close to their level recruiting wise.

Is it though?

Because I'd argue hiring a coach who's built a top 5 program and will cost a **** ton of money, is the exact opposite of the Miami thing to do
Strawley has been cutting her teeth, she is ready for opportunity.. First order of business is call Banda, he knows miami culture and his price should be right in line where we want to be.. If he declines Strawley will find that 49ers woman corch who was in commercials a couple years ago

Mario, he won't be coming. Just a feeling and I can't say that I blame him. It would be a step down for him.

The only way I see him coming is if he wants to stay here for a long time. He would be like those coaches who stay at their school for years. We would make some runs and average 9 to 10 wins yearly.

He would be our Bowden, Richt at UGA, Beamer at VT, etc.

Advertisement
Back