All in on Mario is the "Miami" thing to do and therefore completely wrong

Man this board even criticizes Boones Farm?

Is nothing sacred?
mad dog pluto GIF by Sarah Schmidt

Advertisement
**** be stubborn ...he is a meat head OL COACH. I know because im one as well lol.

His offense would be Dan Enos like here for awhile and our fans wouldnt give him the time to fix it.

We'd also be signing qbs from Hialeah American that shouldve went to Middle Tennessee State.

The only thing would be different is the culture of this softness would change with him and his access to better assistants on a coaching tree...though Manny couldve had the same had he not just went with friends from early on.

Im ho hum about Mario..If he comes whatever...but its the same exact feeling i hd when we brought back Manny as HC.

Im a s.fla homer all the way...and want to see guys do well..but i know what i see with my eyes. His teams plays down to every **** body and they scrape wins because they are playing against g5 level talent in most games. As bad as you may think the acc is overall....there is higher quality talent week to week in it. Would he be able to outcoach that?.
This comment is hitting a little too close to home now... Especially eery with the middle Tennessee state reference.

**** be stubborn ...he is a meat head OL COACH. I know because im one as well lol.

His offense would be Dan Enos like here for awhile and our fans wouldnt give him the time to fix it.

We'd also be signing qbs from Hialeah American that shouldve went to Middle Tennessee State.

The only thing would be different is the culture of this softness would change with him and his access to better assistants on a coaching tree...though Manny couldve had the same had he not just went with friends from early on.

Im ho hum about Mario..If he comes whatever...but its the same exact feeling i hd when we brought back Manny as HC.

Im a s.fla homer all the way...and want to see guys do well..but i know what i see with my eyes. His teams plays down to every **** body and they scrape wins because they are playing against g5 level talent in most games. As bad as you may think the acc is overall....there is higher quality talent week to week in it. Would he be able to outcoach that?.

THIS.

ALL WHO PINE FOR MARIO always forget what you typed. I post every time his *** is mentioned.

He can recruit ...he can recruit....blah blah. Thats the ONLY thing he can do. (hes not a great coach or an x's an o guy)....But his one strength is NEGATED when he has to do it from WITHIN. S.FLA recruiting is a cess pool...HE ISNT LOCKING DOWN SOUTH FLORIDA!. wE NEVER DO AND NEVER HAVE EVEN WITH BUTCH.

I dont want to relive the glory...or have some coach that can be apuppet for our old alumni stuck in the past.

Just bring me an innovative guy that can coach and develop... With the WINS..the recruits will come so just pining for a recruiter does NOTHING for me.

Mario is like 5th or below on my list of coaches i want....we have ppl in here acting like he is some coaching god...and he is winning with a talent advantage in a worse conference than the acc...with two of their powers severely down and none of the real ffootball powers int he south as a factor in recruiting. I mean for gods sakes he is starting Boston College's back up qb right now STILL with all that. lol

You are, and were so correct. What plagues UM hiring, and always will, is their insistence on hiring based on premises that never actually existed.

No one has, "locked down South FL," ever. The closest was Schnellenberger, and that was 40 years ago when college recruiting was entirely regional. How many All-Pros from UM were products of South FL HS? Our problem in South FL HS recruiting is we bail on the region too fast when we don't get the "top guys."

UM ties aren't worth ****. Schnellenberger, Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Erickson... 2/3 were two of the best coaching hires in CFB history and they had nothing to do with "Miami." Dennis was flawed, but way ahead of his time schematically. The only one you can argue is Butch, that's it. UM ties aren't a thing but they gravitate to it like its a model that consistently produces anything. It hasn't.

Manny was highly flawed, but he was given a chance to course correct, so Mario gets the same, but all the flaws you call out still exist. People can't process it, and they never will, but working for Saban doesn't mean you're Saban. His tree has produced a lot of real stinkers. A meathead like Mario spent most of his time probably disagreeing with what was going on around him, rather than learning from it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In all seriousness the point of this post was if you're going to open up the position consider all candidates and evaluate people. That's how you run a coaching search that's how you do it the right way. Whoever was in charge decided early on they were all in on Mario and it was him or nothing. There's no reason to take that stance. It's frankly idiotic, counter productive, and does nothing except reduce your odds of making the best hire. Meanwhile we had reports that guys like Kiffin and Dave Aranda were interested in the job. Did anyone stop and say hey, are these guys better candidates than mario? Let's evaluate them and see. Let's make sure we're making the right hire and that we're hiring the absolute best candidate possible for this job. By all accounts the answer is no. No one did that. Perhaps if they had done that they may have found that another candidate is actually better and more qualified.

The problems Mario is having now shouldn't be a surprise to the people that hired him or to any of us. They were all well known and publicized before we hired him. Now we get to see if he can overcome them or if he can adapt to eliminate them. Hoping he's less stubborn than some of his predecessors.

In all seriousness the point of this post was if you're going to open up the position consider all candidates and evaluate people. That's how you run a coaching search that's how you do it the right way. Whoever was in charge decided early on they were all in on Mario and it was him or nothing. There's no reason to take that stance. It's frankly idiotic, counter productive, and does nothing except reduce your odds of making the best hire. Meanwhile we had reports that guys like Kiffin and Dave Aranda were interested in the job. Did anyone stop and say hey, are these guys better candidates than mario? Let's evaluate them and see. Let's make sure we're making the right hire and that we're hiring the absolute best candidate possible for this job. By all accounts the answer is no. No one did that. Perhaps if they had done that they may have found that another candidate is actually better and more qualified.

The problems Mario is having now shouldn't be a surprise to the people that hired him or to any of us. They were all well known and publicized before we hired him. Now we get to see if he can overcome them or if he can adapt to eliminate them. Hoping he's less stubborn than some of his predecessors.
This hire was pure nepotism. There were no other candidates even considered for the position outside of Mario. If they couldnt't get MC, we would be under year 4 of the Manny regime. It was the Blake James/Manny Diaz situation 2.0.

Advertisement
This hire was pure nepotism. There were no other candidates even considered for the position outside of Mario. If they couldnt't get MC, we would be under year 4 of the Manny regime. It was the Blake James/Manny Diaz situation 2.0.
This program is stuck living in the past. We only want Miami guys. None of the powers that be seem to realize there's a whole world of college football outside of Miami.

This program is stuck living in the past. We only want Miami guys. None of the powers that be seem to realize there's a whole world of college football outside of Miami.
It NEVER was only about Miami guys...Sure we had incredible players from the 305 through the yrs...but we had more quality players from not only outside of Dade, but outside the state of Fl.....I laugh everytime I hear this BS about "Miami guys"....

Advertisement
It NEVER was only about Miami guys...Sure we had incredible players from the 305 through the yrs...but we had more quality players from not only outside of Dade, but outside the state of Fl.....I laugh everytime I hear this BS about "Miami guys"....
He's referring to coaches and how whenever a coaching vacancy at the school there's a loud contingent of folks who only want to hire candidates with "miami connections." Michigan has been the same way for awhile, always wanting "michigan guys" when searching for coaches. Harbaugh looks to just now proving that was the right move.

I wasn't referring to the roster. I was referring to our head coach hires. Every hire except Golden has been a Miami guy - either a former player, or someone who was already on our staff. Coker, Shannon, Richt, Manny, Mario

Since you have Ms. Cleo’s psychic abilities I may need your help with some lotto numbers

I think the Miami Guys moniker refers to coaching canidates.
Won't bore you with the great out of state greats that played for us..

Advertisement
Back