Alex Collins interview with Manny

Advertisement
Bakas thinks Collins is a Cane but Arkansas, not FSU is the main competition here FWIW.

but the coach does seem to be confusing the kid. I dont think he has bad intentions, but he should back off. Alex seems to be smart enough to make the right choice on his own

Advertisement
don't know anything about the coach but kinda dumb he wants collins to be the featured back in a run-heavy scheme. if he was looking out for the kid he'd want him to be in a committee system, less tread on the tires. if you're good, the nfl will find you. there's actually a stigma now against backs with a lot of carries in college.

Good point.

I've always been of the opinion that the coach should oversee the process, not influence it, and at BEST, Gatewood is toeing the line between overseer and influence.

Advertisement
Gotta love a high school coach that discourages competition, right?

I think he was trying to say the opposite, just didn't do a good job explaining it properly. I think he was saying no mater where the kid goes he's gonna have to compete, that every team has top talent and will continue to bring in more comp in years to come.

Buy yeah, the coach talks in circles. No wonder the kid is confused as ****

Last edited:
listening to interview now. I dont see the comments as negative for Miami at all.

I think the kid will be a Cane. after this weekend it will be all clear for him.

the coach is kind of a dumbass. he says a lot of contradictory stuff

Advertisement
I've always been of the opinion that the coach should oversee the process, not influence it, and at BEST, Gatewood is toeing the line between overseer and influence.

This is correct. Some coaches seem to have other motives though and it hurts the kids in the long run.

Advertisement
When you get stuck in making a decision there is usually one tiny factor that makes you reconsider your initial instinct. Then you try to convince yourself that your second choice is the right choice. I think thats what happened here. I think kid is all miami but hes trying to convince himself that maybe arkansas or fsu is a better fit for whatever the reason is.

Everyones gone through it but as franchise said go with your gut instinct its the right one

His Coach is FULL of crap about not knowing what UM would do with a full stable of backs. Lamar Miller was the feature back for 2011 with mike james spelling him hence LM running for a 1000+yds. Then in 2012 Duke become the feature back toward the end of the season. But news flash NO ONE USES A TRUE FEATURE ANYMORE NOT EVEN BAMA! This kids coach is clear trying to confuse the young any other recruit this coach has had he pushed to a school cough cough Wisconsin and it was done for recruiting.

But in the end I feel UM will end up his destination and his mom will be happy.

Go Canes!

Feature backs dont last long these days and NFL scouts see a high amount of carries in college as a negative, the less wear and tear the better. A talent like AC wont get overlooked at NFL :neonu:, even in down years with bad teams we have a full house of scouts on campus. Tally is where RB's go to never be heard of again and Ark would run him into the ground in Wannstedtian fashion. AC made the right decision the first time around.

:stormwarning:

There are two things Ive heard conflicting reports, first of all competition...at first I hear that, hits kid wants comp and wants to prove that he's better than anyone, now it seems that he's scared, secondly his coach, I don't care who he supports because I hear some people say he's obsessed for beliema, some people say he is pro UM, and some people say that he is neutral, can someone enlighten me?

Advertisement
Back