Alex Collins interview with Manny

That gatewood guy claims to be a UM fan too. What a crock of sh*t. Collins needs to get away from that guy for about a week before he annoucnes and not even talk to him

Advertisement
I think this weekend locks it up for him. Based on his responses he should see all he is looking for from UM this weekend.

That interview corroborates the information that I've heard from people who know Alex well: he is truly undecided at this point and that he is truly struggling with this decision. I had heard conflicting information on Gatewood: that he is a strange guy to deal with and that he is, to some degree, a UM fan. Having heard that interview, I will agree that Gatewood is a strange guy, it is pretty clear that he has an agenda in this matter that doesn't seem consistent with being a UM fan. It is also abundantly clear that Gatewood is helping muddy Alex' deliberations.

Advertisement
At the end of the day, I just don't think this kid is going to sign with us. I think Fishbein stated that the kid lives with his coach, and it's going to take a lot of balls to choose UM. I hope he does, but I just don't see it. As for the coach, all I can do is shake my head.

gatewood will attempt to push him to arky

That's exactly how this is setting up. If Gatekeeper isn't in bed with Bielema, then how would anyone explain Collins's sudden interest in Arkansas as soon as Bielema got that gig? The interest in Wisconsin also fell off when Bielema left. Common denominator? Bielema and Gatekeeper. There's no question he's constantly pitching the SEC/feature back/history of Bielema backs gaining tons of yards angle.

don't know anything about the coach but kinda dumb he wants collins to be the featured back in a run-heavy scheme. if he was looking out for the kid he'd want him to be in a committee system, less tread on the tires. if you're good, the nfl will find you. there's actually a stigma now against backs with a lot of carries in college.

At the end of the day, I just don't think this kid is going to sign with us. I think Fishbein stated that the kid lives with his coach, and it's going to take a lot of balls to choose UM. I hope he does, but I just don't see it. As for the coach, all I can do is shake my head.

I used to think he was a UM lock, but Gatekeeper is without a doubt pushing Arkansas hard. The connection between Gatekeeper and Bielema is strong, and I'm thinking that Gatekeeper's life will be enriched soon after signing day if Collins does him this solid and goes to Arkansas. It's a shame he's putting this pressure on a kid, whose obvious first choice and heart was with UM.

Advertisement
gatewood will attempt to push him to arky

That's exactly how this is setting up. If Gatekeeper isn't in bed with Bielema, then how would anyone explain Collins's sudden interest in Arkansas as soon as Bielema got that gig? The interest in Wisconsin also fell off when Bielema left. Common denominator? Bielema and Gatekeeper. There's no question he's constantly pitching the SEC/feature back/history of Bielema backs gaining tons of yards angle.

Bielema is a scumbag and it's becoming apparent that Gatewood is a scumbag too. Hopefully, scumbag Gatewood doesn't influence this decision.

arky or miami. will be interesting to see how this one plays out, considering how transparent the bull**** is.

If he lives with his coach, who appears to be a sack of ****, we're pretty facked.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Based on that interview, I don't know how anyone comes to any other conclusion than it is down to UM and Arkansas.

- FSU losing Gran and AC changing his major to something other than Criminal Justice show that FSU is out.
- UT isn't getting a visit.
- Wisconsin lost their head coach, who was clearly the draw to that school for AC and, mostly, his coach.
- AC's coach was hardest on UF in the interview, bashing their running back by committe system (even though Gillislee was clearly the feature back this year and there was no committee) and talking about Kelvin Taylor (who he called by his dad's name, Fred) being a similar back to Collins.

As some have already implied and I agree: If Collins listens to his coach, he goes to Arkansas; If he listens to his gut, he comes to Coral Gables.

why is the coach a scumbag? you dbags throw insults around pretty easily, why cant the coach just be trying to do what he feels in Alex's best interest? I agree that back by committee is garbage for a prospect and makes it harder to be seen by the NFL(Mcgahee, Edge, Miller, Portis, Ray Rice, A.Peterson, all feature backs). Whens the last time FSU pumped out a bigtime RB with that back by committee garbage they do? I however do believe using 2 main backs is the best for both the kid and the team, like Bama has been using(Trent, Ingram, Lacy...). And we have that opportunity with Duke and Alex together, it features both of them and protects their well being.

The coach is a scumbag because it is pretty clear that he is trying to influence his star player's decision. Most reputable HS coaches will tell you that they never try to influence a player's college choice. This shouldn't be about what the coach feels is in the player's best interest. The coach isn't in a position to make a determination as to what is in the player's best interest and doesn't have to live with the consequences if it wasn't actually in the player's best interest. I am also appalled by the way the coach took over the interview. That is why, in my opinion, Gatekeeper is a scumbag.

Advertisement
Back