Alex Collins interview with Manny

Advertisement
I listened to the interview and didn't have any problem with anything his coach said.

1) Why is he answering questions when they are being asked to Collins?
2) Why does he seem to find fault with the running back situation everywhere but Wisconsin and presumably Arkansas?
3) Why is he there at the interview in the first place? Do you see Ice running around with 6 and Kirkland?

1. AC was asked about Wisky, and his coach relayed a convo they had the day before about it. His coach gave AC an op to jump in. Didn't see any problem with it.
2. I didn't get that impression at all.
3. No clue. How do we know he wasn't asked to be there?

All I got from the whole thing is that the coach was looking out for AC so that he could make the best decision for himself. You guys are paranoid.

1) Coach didn't need to interject, AC wasn't struggling at any point in the interview
2) He mentioned Florida using a running back by committee, mentioned FSU using a running back by committee. Said you never know at Miami because they didn't have the bodies to have a RB by committee and cited guys like Danny Dillard and Ray Lewis as being threats to Alex Collins (--___--), saying that you also don't know which guys will improve at Miami, while entirely ignoring the same logic when explaining how Beilama and company use their backs.

Nah I'm not paranoid. I used the facts and read between the lines.

I listened to the interview and didn't have any problem with anything his coach said.

2) Why does he seem to find fault with the running back situation everywhere but Wisconsin and presumably Arkansas?
3) Why is he there at the interview in the first place? Do you see Ice running around with 6 and Kirkland?

1. AC was asked about Wisky, and his coach relayed a convo they had the day before about it. His coach gave AC an op to jump in. Didn't see any problem with it.

All I got from the whole thing is that the coach was looking out for AC so that he could make the best decision for himself. You guys are paranoid.

1) Coach didn't need to interject, AC wasn't struggling at any point in the interview
2) He mentioned Florida using a running back by committee, mentioned FSU using a running back by committee. Said you never know at Miami because they didn't have the bodies to have a RB by committee and cited guys like Danny Dillard and Ray Lewis as being threats to Alex Collins (--___--), saying that you also don't know which guys will improve at Miami, while entirely ignoring the same logic when explaining how Beilama and company use their backs.

I guess you missed the part where they were talking about how there's competition everywhere, there are other All Americans at each school, and they're all bringing in more All Americans every year. Paranoid. You hear what you want to hear.

I guess you missed the part where they were talking about how there's competition everywhere, there are other All Americans at each school, and they're all bringing in more All Americans every year. Paranoid. You hear what you want to hear.

Hi Coach Gatewood

Advertisement
Advertisement
First wanted to major in Criminal justice(UM), but now is looking into broadcasting(FSU)

I say NOLE on NSD

Small class size (UM) School of Communications (UM) no "running back by committee" (UM)

You can read it either way; kid doesn't know and/or is milking the excitement a bit

"Why not win in my hometown?" That's what Tracy H. said when he signed.

Advertisement
First wanted to major in Criminal justice(UM), but now is looking into broadcasting(FSU)

I say NOLE on NSD

Um, what?

He said FSU had the #1 criminal justice program... And UM's school of communication is surely better than FSU's; so I'd deduce the opposite if anything.

Advertisement
Johnson became a freshman AA in Miami's RB by committee. If I was a RB, I'd rather have someone taking some of the carries if needed. Less risk of injury and maybe a longer pro career.

Did any of you guys actually listen to the entire interview? This coach was pure scum.

Facts:

1. For the first time in his life, Manny was actually backing us up. When that scum coach was mentioning all the other RB competition at the other schools, except Wisconsin, Manny actuall said that Miami only has Duke and that he was NOT an everydown back. Here is what I liked the best. Collins actuall AGREED with Manny and he actually said that Duke was Not an everydown back. That is a very Big positive for us cause kid does not really sees competiton from Duke. Knows that they are situational backs. He even said he gets along very well with Duke and even told him he is coming to take his job. The Scum Coach, on the other hand, played up Miami's depth and insinuated that Duke was a feature back, that Dillard will not play D but will be a top RB, also said Ray Lewis Jr. is a RB and will be competiton (LOL). Ray Jr. is the size of a pea pod and Dillard is just plain slow and a pure FB, LOL.

2. That Scum Coach talked about FSU and Florida have a RB by committee and that Collins wanted to be the feature back. He then talked about Bilemma having a feature back system and not a committee system. What he failed to mention was that Bilemma is no longer at Wisconsin. He also failed to mention the following RBs at Wisconsin:

a) Melvin Gordon, a Rivals 4 star and true freshman who rushed for 216 yards in the Big Ten Championship game and this kid is 6.1 and 210 lbs. and 4.4 kid as well.

b) Vonte Jackson, another true freshman, US Army All American, who had ACL his senior year in HS and redshirted at Wisconsin. Kid was rated the # 2 football player in Wisconsin his senior year. Kid is 6 ft and 200 lbs and a 4.4 kid.

c) James White, the local kid from STA, will be the feature back next year, will be a senior, second leading rusher after Monty Ball.

Wisconsin RB Commits: a) Corey Clements, Rivals 4 star, 5.11 and 200 lbs, This kid is a quality RB and with the other 2 freshman will provide top competiton for the next 3 years for Collins.

Wiscon RB Propects: Wisconsin is also trying to pry a 5 star RB, Ty Isaac, away from USC based upon their recent turmoil.

In summary, Collins is extremely intelligent and articulate. Not the average SF football player when it comes to presenting yourself in front of the media. Kid sounds like a Pro player instead. Kid was also doing great with Manny for about 10 minutes when this Scum Coach bages in and immediately starts answering for this kid. Collins just clammed up after his coach took over.

As Franchise has said, I hope that this kid reaches into his heart and really begins to RATIONALIZE the facts. The facts are that FSU, Florida, Wisconsin have lots of top quality RBs on their depth chart. Besides Duke, who is not an everydown back, who do we have. No one of the quality of these other schools. This kid will be a starter with Duke from Day One.

This Scum Coach needed to be "ICED" Harrised with a 2x4 and sent on disability leave.

Last edited:
Did any of you guys actually listen to the entire interview? This coach was pure scum.

Facts:

1. For the first time in his life, Manny was actually backing us up. When that scum coach was mentioning all the other RB competition at the other schools, except Wisconsin, Manny actuall said that Miami only has Duke and that he was NOT an everydown back. Here is what I liked the best. Collins actuall AGREED with Manny and he actually said that Duke was Not an everydown back. That is a very Big positive for us cause kid does not really sees competiton from Duke. Knows that they are situational backs. He even said he gets along very well with Duke and even told him he is coming to take his job. The Scum Coach, on the other hand, played up Miami's depth and insinuated that Duke was a feature back, that Dillard will not play D but will be a top RB, also said Ray Lewis Jr. is a RB and will be competiton (LOL). Ray Jr. is the size of a pea pod and Dillard is just plain slow and a pure FB, LOL.

2. That Scum Coach talked about FSU and Florida have a RB by committee and that Collins wanted to be the feature back. He then talked about Bilemma having a feature back system and not a committee system. What he failed to mention was that Bilemma is no longer at Wisconsin. He also failed to mention the following RBs at Wisconsin:

a) Melvin Gordon, a Rivals 4 star and true freshman who rushed for 216 yards in the Big Ten Championship game and this kid is 6.1 and 210 lbs. and 4.4 kid as well.

b) Vonte Jackson, another true freshman, US Army All American, who had ACL his senior year in HS and redshirted at Wisconsin. Kid was rated the # 2 football player in Wisconsin his senior year. Kid is 6 ft and 200 lbs and a 4.4 kid.

c) James White, the local kid from STA, will be the feature back next year, will be a senior, second leading rusher after Monty Ball.

Wisconsin RB Commits: a) Corey Clements, Rivals 4 star, 5.11 and 200 lbs, This kid is a quality RB and with the other 2 freshman will provide top competiton for the next 3 years for Collins.

Wiscon RB Propects: Wisconsin is also trying to pry a 5 star RB, Ty Isaac, away from USC based upon their recent turmoil.

In summary, Collins is extremely intelligent and articulate. Not the average SF football player when it comes to presenting yourself in front of the media. Kid sounds like a Pro player instead. Kid was also doing great with Manny for about 10 minutes when this Scum Coach bages in and immediately starts answering for this kid. Collins just clammed up after his coach took over.

As Franchise has said, I hope that this kid reaches into his heart and really begins to RATIONALIZE the facts. The facts are that FSU, Florida, Wisconsin have lots of top quality RBs on their depth chart. Besides Duke, who is not an everydown back, who do we have. No one of the quality of these other schools. This kid will be a starter with Duke from Day One.

This Scum Coach needed to be "ICED" Harrised with a 2x4 and sent on disability leave.

Surgical.

I say NOLE on NSD

Um, what?

He said FSU had the #1 criminal justice program... And UM's school of communication is surely better than FSU's; so I'd deduce the opposite if anything.

There is no comparison between the two broadcast programs. Miami's is top 5 in the country. FSU's is not ranked (shocking, I know).

Advertisement
Back