Alex Collins Announcing Monday

I'll tell you gents this: If AC left town before Al got a shot at an in-home, and Al can't get in with him before the Monday announcement, then we might be cooked. If he's ducking Al, then this would be the first time I've felt uneasy about this whole thing.

This. Maybe AC left town for a break who knows. But IMO, his coach is a major influence good or bad I have no idea cause i'm not privy to their relationship. But dude doesn't want collins at miami from whats been rumored and i must say if true its a shame. I'm not saying he won't be a cane but everyone should prepare their bodies cause there is a chance that he goes to arkansas.

It'll get weird for Guntwood locally if he pulls off this heist getting AC to Arkansas. I'm gonna hire slashsteel to dig through this **** with a fine-toothed comb to make sure it was all on the up and up. LULZ. If anyone can expose this caper it'll be slashsteel. I don't take kindly to dirtballs messing with my program.

Advertisement
Do we have any confirmation that AG didn't get an in-home with him?

Or is this more people freaking out over internet rumors?

I'll tell you gents this: If AC left town before Al got a shot at an in-home, and Al can't get in with him before the Monday announcement, then we might be cooked. If he's ducking Al, then this would be the first time I've felt uneasy about this whole thing.

This. Maybe AC left town for a break who knows. But IMO, his coach is a major influence good or bad I have no idea cause i'm not privy to their relationship. But dude doesn't want collins at miami from whats been rumored and i must say if true its a shame. I'm not saying he won't be a cane but everyone should prepare their bodies cause there is a chance that he goes to arkansas.

It'll get weird for Guntwood locally if he pulls off this heist getting AC to Arkansas. I'm gonna hire slashsteel to dig through this **** with a fine-toothed comb to make sure it was all on the up and up. LULZ. If anyone can expose this caper it'll be slashsteel. I don't take kindly to dirtballs messing with my program.

Slash could definitely get to the bottom of it lulz.

Do we have any confirmation that AG didn't get an in-home with him?

Or is this more people freaking out over internet rumors?

I think we are all freaking out over internet rumors lulz. I have no idea if Golden Al had his in home with Collins though.

Seriously. That is some shady ****, and so obvious.

Arkansas was nowhere on the radar.

It feels like our enemies are desperate because they know this is the most vulnerable we'll ever be in recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Slash could definitely get to the bottom of it lulz.

I have no doubt about that. And if Guntwood pulls off the caper, we will test the validity of the transaction.

Seriously. That is some shady ****, and so obvious.

Arkansas was nowhere on the radar.

It feels like our enemies are desperate because they know this is the most vulnerable we'll ever be in recruiting.

We'll (and everyone else) always be vulnerable to unsavory tactics. If a HS kid is attached at the hip to his HS corch, and that HS corch wants to pimp the kid somewhere, then that'll always be a tough arrangement to overcome. Thankfully, there aren't all that many Svengali relationships where a HS corch gets his 1 great player and tries to capitalize off the kid. Most of these local HS corches have been there before, so they don't feel the need to take over the show when they get a kid recruited by big programs.

Hopefully, this entire thing turns out on the up and up and AC winds up at UM.

Advertisement
Lol if you think this is bad, wait until next year around signing day. 2014 is going to be a "crazy" year down there in terms of recruiting. Watch for more then a few "shady" things to pop up with some of these kids recruitment towards the end. FSU, Clemson, LSU, Alabama, USC....... It might not always be money, but favors, jobs, hiring some of these kids agents/handlers/coaches.

Lol if you think this is bad, wait until next year around signing day. 2014 is going to be a "crazy" year down there in terms of recruiting. Watch for more then a few "shady" things to pop up with some of these kids recruitment towards the end. FSU, Clemson, LSU, Alabama, USC....... It might not always be money, but favors, jobs, hiring some of these kids agents/handlers/coaches.

Fortunately, we should have some big names locked up fairly early in McDermott, Khairi Clark, and Winky, to do some recruiting of their own for us. Winky even said he may commit as soon as signing day 2013. Good to have recognizable figures in South Florida high school circles committing early

Advertisement
hopefully Collins understands this: (on how Saban continually gets stub RBs to Bama)

In fact, Saban told Lacy -- as he has told every back he has recruited -- that his goal is to get the most production out of the fewest carries possible.
"That's always one of my sales pitches for them," Saban said. "The shelf life of a running back is the shortest of any position in the NFL."

hopefully Collins understands this:

In fact, Bielema told Ball -- as he has told every back he has recruited -- my goal is to run you in to the ground. Get as many carries out of you as possible in a single season.
"That's always one of my sales pitches to them," Bielema said.

Fortunately, we should have some big names locked up fairly early in McDermott, Khairi Clark, and Winky, to do some recruiting of their own for us. Winky even said he may commit as soon as signing day 2013. Good to have recognizable figures in South Florida high school circles committing early

Definitely. Top 5 recruiting class next year, no doubt. Like Pete said, when James Coley was hired, that changed the game. Not only that but when you have a couple of high school coaches along with some "handlers/trainers" saying that hiring Coley will be DEVESTATING to FSU and other schools trying to get players down there, you know Golden made an IMPACT hire. Like others have stated South Florida is LOADED next year. Especially at Running back. The crazy thing is, not even all of the talent is completely identied yet.People from down there who coach/train/scout these kids know. There's still more then a few kids who will BLOW UP over the summer camp/combine circuit from down there. Like Alex Collins, Keith Bryant, Eddie Jackson etc..... this year.

Advertisement
Back