Alabama linebackers look forward to matchup with Miami QB D'Eriq King

Advertisement
I agree but make sense with your opposing view. Don't just say dumb shid.

" Metchie and Robinson are going to kill us. I hope the score isn't 28-0 by halftime" is a shiddy *** JW hot take.

If I say coach Simpson coaches a much more disciplined Dline than coach Stroud and you can't expect our Dline to play like they did vs UNC and all you do is downvote it with no counter argument then 🗣🖕🏿.

Fear and gloom with no valid argument is dumb and I'd rather read a bunch of sunshine pump than that BS
Perhaps.

But as someone who’s watched Alabama since the 80’s

Saban has changed our culture at Alabama. The past few seasons actually. We do start extremely quick.

Even look at recent history with Florida (sec championship) game ended up a little closer for sure. Frankly… we tend to “let up” in my opinion, after we have a lead of 2-3 TD’s.

It’s a bit infuriating as a fan. But I’ve learned to cope. Fact is, we like to bury a teams confidence quickly. Takes the crowd out of the game, takes the players out of the game mentally.

To me…. We’ve lacked one thing in this whole dynasty… it’s finishing STRONG. We can’t keep the same intensity for 4 quarters. Get complacent and feel comfortable. Hence sometimes the end score might be a 7-17 point victory, instead of that 21+ that it should be.

coach Saban speak which just filters down to the players.

they know their defense is good enough to make king eat grass
Welcome to the Belichick school of media, where even the 2007 Dolphins were a good team.

Alabama will face one of the best quarterbacks on its schedule right out of the game when the Crimson Tide opens the season in Atlanta against the Miami Hurricanes this Saturday.

D’Eriq King, a redshirt senior, will lead 14th-ranked Miami into battle against No. 1 Alabama in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, and the quarterback has the Tide defensive players’ attention. King is responsible for more than 10,000 yards in his collegiate career: 7,611 passing yards, 1,959 rushing yards, 520 receiving yards, 29 punt return yards and 260 kick return yards -- a total of 10,379 yards. He presents the Crimson Tide with a true dual-threat challenge.

“It’s rare that you see a quarterback that can run as great as he can and can pass and control the game,” Will Anderson said. “I think it’s gonna be a good challenge for us, and we’re ready.”

“His ability to extend plays, make all kinds of throws whether it’s on the run, in the pocket, get out of the pocket,” Christian Harris said. “He keeps his eyes downfield at all times and he really helps their offense a lot, being able to extend those plays with him keeping his eyes down the field. He’s just all-around a great quarterback, so he’s definitely going to present a really great challenge for our defense, and we gotta make sure that we’re on our toes.

“... Trying to contain a quarterback like that is gonna be very tough. All we have to do is, I feel like, go out there and execute Coach’s game plan -- whatever that is for us. We’re taking it one day at a time. … He’s a great quarterback and he’s had great history at Houston, definitely at Miami. So I’m really excited to see what he does.”

Miami does have a very experienced O-line. I think it’s going to be a great challenge, and we’re ready for it.
💃🏾💯

Bama is a different level than anything we will see on our schedule after.. Oline will be going against arguably the best front 7 in country, the drop off from bama to ACC dreg is incredible.. Oline can get their **** pushed in for 4 qtrs saturday and go on to have a really good season. I think the chances of that are actually pretty high. Bama probably got 5 guys in that front 7 who will be nfl players..

This game to me has no bearing on performance wise expectations for rest of season.. Bama would steam roll thru acc schedule
We got 4 guys on the line that will be NFL players for sure. Nelson, Rivers, Donaldson and Williams. 2 will at minimum be on practice squads next year. 1 will get drafted and the other will get drafted a soon as he's eligible. Gaynor will probably be a FA.

I do think that this is a productive way of looking at the teams instead comparing stars. Truth is both teams are good enough to not need a single true freshmen in their entire 2 deep. If you just count the number of guys on our roster who will be in the NFL next year Add in Bubba Bolden, Tyreke, Nesta, DK Mallory and Cameron Harris the rosters look closer. We won't have any first rounders but we're better than a lot of people think.

Advertisement
I was just hashing on Vern and his nole love. I didn't write it as clearly as I thought. I wouldn't bet against the Canes. If I could find a trusted way to get money into a offshore betting platform I'd put a lot of money on ND over fsu. Like probably a stupid amount.
Ever heard of Bitcoin?

Perhaps.

But as someone who’s watched Alabama since the 80’s

Saban has changed our culture at Alabama. The past few seasons actually. We do start extremely quick.

Even look at recent history with Florida (sec championship) game ended up a little closer for sure. Frankly… we tend to “let up” in my opinion, after we have a lead of 2-3 TD’s.

It’s a bit infuriating as a fan. But I’ve learned to cope. Fact is, we like to bury a teams confidence quickly. Takes the crowd out of the game, takes the players out of the game mentally.

To me…. We’ve lacked one thing in this whole dynasty… it’s finishing STRONG. We can’t keep the same intensity for 4 quarters. Get complacent and feel comfortable. Hence sometimes the end score might be a 7-17 point victory, instead of that 21+ that it should be.

This is one of these mythical things fans/coaches talk about but one that is nearly impossible to attain in big game matchups.

In terms of last years UNC squad being a better offensive team than this years Alabama, what exactly do you base that on? That seems like an arbitrary statement to me.

Agree its showtime for the OL and yes Lash needs a much better game plan than last years Clemson plan but I fully expect him to be ready to call a great game.

Lashlee has much more to work with this year. A much improved OL(We will see how improved) a significantly better and deeper WR corps. Top 3 RB all return. A healthy and faster Mallory and a true freshman prodigy in Elijah Arroyo at TE. All of this and a real normal full off season. TBH I think the guy deserves a medal for improving our offense as much as he did in his 1st year going from in the 90's to in the 30's.
Last year's Clemson gameplan had to get thrown out of the window because it became obvious that Wiggins and Pope we're not up to the challenge. It was over when King threw that ball to Wiggins in the end zone and he didn't even make an attempt to catch it, and let the DB get an easy pick. Hopefully our receivers this year have a little playmaker in them. If we can make Bama have to respect us deep it will open up so much.

Advertisement
one of the main reasons I’m optimistic is that Saban\belichick defenses “struggle” against mobile quarterbacks
All teams tend to struggle against mobile QBs. I expect that Miami will start fast and it will take Bama's defense time to catch up with the scheme and speed that King can execute out of. I think it will be a pretty good first half. But eventually, things start slowing down and the reason is the LOS and depth. Going to be a different second half.

He’s been a member for a decade on this board. He’s giving his opinion. You don’t have to agree with it. But cmon now. No need to bash someone for opinions you don’t like.

Personally, I agree with his assessment. Sure I’m a Bama fan, but Alabama is known to start fast and not let up. That’s how we play. Because if we leave opponents in the game, bad things can happen.

Metchie is already a household name at WR. I’m not looking past him as a potential Heisman candidate at some point this year. He’s got all of the credentials for it.

Remember, it was freshmen at the time… Devonte Smith who caught the winning TD pass by freshman Tua to win the natty in 2018

This dude is Gooner.

Ever heard of Bitcoin?
Of course, but I'm really only looking into it now.. I'm just not sure how I like paying for something at one price, winning bitcoin at another value, and then possibly selling it at another value. I could be wrong tho.

This is our starting OL going into this game.

Zion - First round pick on most mocks in this years draft and will probably have a first round projection in next years at worst if he decides to stay.
Rivers - 4* recruit.
Gaynor - 5th year vet
Donaldson - high 4* recruit; NFL capabilities
Williams/Scaife - One was a 4* kid and the other is a 6th year vet.

My only point is these guys are not slouches. If we get our **** pushed in for 4 quarters I dont know if that bodes well for the season. This is probably the most talented starting 5 on paper we have had since the Linder, Seantrel and Felaciano OL. This OL absolutely should be able to at least win 40% of the battles on Saturday. If they do, we will be in it when the 4th quarter comes around.
Likewise, Bama's the toughest D line they'll face all year. A decent performance bodes very well for us.

Advertisement
Of course, but I'm really only looking into it now.. I'm just not sure how I like paying for something at one price, winning bitcoin at another value, and then possibly selling it at another value. I could be wrong tho.
I can only speak for Bovada. When u deposit the Bitcoin into your account, it's immediately converted to dollars on their site. When you cash out, it will be sent to you in Bitcoin which you can immediately convert to dollars yourself. So you don't actually have to hold any Bitcoin.

I was just hashing on Vern and his nole love. I didn't write it as clearly as I thought. I wouldn't bet against the Canes. If I could find a trusted way to get money into a offshore betting platform I'd put a lot of money on ND over fsu. Like probably a stupid amount.
I use Bovada they’re offshore ...I use coinbase and send Bitcoin straight to my Bovada account they transfer it to cash automatically....same when I withdraw

@jw410

Why don't you join the Bama boards?

All you do is eat TideMeat sammiches, down downvote anyone who respects coach Simpsons craft and upvote anyone who says Bama will run down our throats.

Why are you even here?

Shouldnt you be at Sabans? On your knees.. under the kitchen table.. having thirds..
Why don't you learn to deal with people who have a different opinion you corny muthafukka. I know you're obsessed with me. Imagine me renting space inside your brain. I needed a laugh today. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤣🤣

I said what I said.. if you don't like me then put me on ignore muthafukka. You gave that weak as rebuttal about Simpson's defensive line.. Like you gave out stats and or percentages. Miss me with that bs

Last edited:
Advertisement
All teams tend to struggle against mobile QBs. I expect that Miami will start fast and it will take Bama's defense time to catch up with the scheme and speed that King can execute out of. I think it will be a pretty good first half. But eventually, things start slowing down and the reason is the LOS and depth. Going to be a different second half.
You know that we have 170+ starts on the OL alone right? We've got all the depth you want at the LOS.

A decade? Whooptie doo. A few more years than me. 😒🙄🖕🏿

If he didn't annoyingly downvote every post that makes sense then maybe I wouldn't have made that post. He started this ****.

I mean look at this BS. He's got Bama fans on a Miami board defending him. That says more than I can put in words.

Shid is disgusting.

His takes are trash.
3 more years than you lame. I've been on canes boards since rivals
A decade? Whooptie doo. A few more years than me. 😒🙄🖕🏿

If he didn't annoyingly downvote every post that makes sense then maybe I wouldn't have made that post. He started this ****.

I mean look at this BS. He's got Bama fans on a Miami board defending him. That says more than I can put in words.

Shid is disgusting.

His takes are trash.
You don't have to like my takes. I've been around longer and I still rent space in your head. I don't care who defends me. I don't trust Manure or the OC in a big game.

I can down vote and do what I want it's my opinion what the *** don't you get. I got you though. I got something for that pain I'm causing.

Advertisement
Back