Alabama linebackers look forward to matchup with Miami QB D'Eriq King

Advertisement
Just as I was feeling good about things the UNC game crept back into my brain.

that’s what concerns me the most… they run it down our throats, we have to sell out to stop it, and then they start hitting us deep to break the game open

I’m still not touching the spread of 19

Just as I was feeling good about things the UNC game crept back into my brain.

that’s what concerns me the most… they run it down our throats, we have to sell out to stop it, and then they start hitting us deep to break the game open

I’m still not touching the spread of 19

I'm not going to definitively say they won't be successful running the ball, but I will definitively say Javonte Williams and Michael Carter were better last December than any 2 backs Bama will roll out on Saturday. Hopefully that helps a little.

UNC offense last year was much better than this version of Alabama will be. On the defensive side though, Bama is going to try and bully our OL. We have to match physicality. I'm not sure we can. It's prove it time. Lashlee also needs to be much more creative in his playcalling than he was at Clemson.

Advertisement
“... Trying to contain a quarterback like that is gonna be very tough. All we have to do is, I feel like, go out there and execute Coach’s game plan -- whatever that is for us. We’re taking it one day at a time. … He’s a great quarterback and he’s had great history at Houston, definitely at Miami. So I’m really excited to see what he does.”

Wait they haven't put together their Game plan yet? Or am I reading this wrong?

“... Trying to contain a quarterback like that is gonna be very tough. All we have to do is, I feel like, go out there and execute Coach’s game plan -- whatever that is for us. We’re taking it one day at a time. … He’s a great quarterback and he’s had great history at Houston, definitely at Miami. So I’m really excited to see what he does.”

Wait they haven't put together their Game plan yet? Or am I reading this wrong?
They know it, just not stating it to the media

I'm not going to definitively say they won't be successful running the ball, but I will definitively say Javonte Williams and Michael Carter were better last December than any 2 backs Bama will roll out on Saturday. Hopefully that helps a little.

agreed. I’ve said it a lot on here, if we have any chance of winning our DL has to play well.

I predict offense will score 17 to 24 pts. It’s if the defense can keep us in it

UNC's backs were/are certainly dudes, but what makes you so certain that they are better than any combination of what Alabama can bring to the table, this Saturday? Last time I checked they have two or three 5 star backs on the depth chart and the rest are highly touted 4 star backs.

Not to mention the most recent Bama back that were drafted were: Najee Harris, Josh Jacobs, Damien Harris, Bo Scarbrough, Derrick Henry, Kenyon Drake....

I am just saying, I would not say definitively that they do not have a combo of backs that are better than what UNC threw at us....I think it is a little too early to come to that conclusion.

Advertisement
UNC's backs were/are certainly dudes, but what makes you so certain that they are better than any combination of what Alabama can bring to the table, this Saturday? Last time I checked they have two or three 5 star backs on the depth chart and the rest are highly touted 4 star backs.

Not to mention the most recent Bama back that were drafted were: Najee Harris, Josh Jacobs, Damien Harris, Bo Scarbrough, Derrick Henry, Kenyon Drake....

I am just saying, I would not say definitively that they do not have a combo of backs that are better than what UNC threw at us....I think it is a little too early to come to that conclusion.

Fair, but Williams and Carter played us 8 months ago and very well could BOTH be starting running backs in the NFL by the end of the month. I’ve watched Brian Robinson play, he’s talented but he’s not on their level.

Hes the best QB they will face on their regular season schedule. MAYBE Corral from Ole Miss is arguably better but its close. Dont think these guys are not respecting him as such. And dont think Saban hasnt told them this 100 times.
They respect the **** out of him. I know nick loves the kind of player/man king is. Side note they don’t respect a single other aspect of our team. Let’s make them

I sense a bit of fear . . . doubt . . . bull****.
chuckles dust GIF

Advertisement
This just screams coaches speak. They expect to LSU us.

Let's hope our OL/DL is ready.

UNC offense last year was much better than this version of Alabama will be. On the defensive side though, Bama is going to try and bully our OL. We have to match physicality. I'm not sure we can. It's prove it time. Lashlee also needs to be much more creative in his playcalling than he was at Clemson.
This is our starting OL going into this game.

Zion - First round pick on most mocks in this years draft and will probably have a first round projection in next years at worst if he decides to stay.
Rivers - 4* recruit.
Gaynor - 5th year vet
Donaldson - high 4* recruit; NFL capabilities
Williams/Scaife - One was a 4* kid and the other is a 6th year vet.

My only point is these guys are not slouches. If we get our **** pushed in for 4 quarters I dont know if that bodes well for the season. This is probably the most talented starting 5 on paper we have had since the Linder, Seantrel and Felaciano OL. This OL absolutely should be able to at least win 40% of the battles on Saturday. If they do, we will be in it when the 4th quarter comes around.

Advertisement
I mean he is a senior back and has been juicing at Bama for at least 4 years, lol

Oh for sure, you know they hit him with the extra special deer antler spray all off-season. He's strong. He just doesn't have the wiggle of Williams or Carter. He's more of a power back. I think we can have success stopping him. We'll see.

Advertisement
Back