Alabama linebackers look forward to matchup with Miami QB D'Eriq King

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Alabama will face one of the best quarterbacks on its schedule right out of the game when the Crimson Tide opens the season in Atlanta against the Miami Hurricanes this Saturday.

D’Eriq King, a redshirt senior, will lead 14th-ranked Miami into battle against No. 1 Alabama in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, and the quarterback has the Tide defensive players’ attention. King is responsible for more than 10,000 yards in his collegiate career: 7,611 passing yards, 1,959 rushing yards, 520 receiving yards, 29 punt return yards and 260 kick return yards -- a total of 10,379 yards. He presents the Crimson Tide with a true dual-threat challenge.

“It’s rare that you see a quarterback that can run as great as he can and can pass and control the game,” Will Anderson said. “I think it’s gonna be a good challenge for us, and we’re ready.”

“His ability to extend plays, make all kinds of throws whether it’s on the run, in the pocket, get out of the pocket,” Christian Harris said. “He keeps his eyes downfield at all times and he really helps their offense a lot, being able to extend those plays with him keeping his eyes down the field. He’s just all-around a great quarterback, so he’s definitely going to present a really great challenge for our defense, and we gotta make sure that we’re on our toes.

“... Trying to contain a quarterback like that is gonna be very tough. All we have to do is, I feel like, go out there and execute Coach’s game plan -- whatever that is for us. We’re taking it one day at a time. … He’s a great quarterback and he’s had great history at Houston, definitely at Miami. So I’m really excited to see what he does.”

Miami does have a very experienced O-line. I think it’s going to be a great challenge, and we’re ready for it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No penalties wiping out big plays, no dropped passes, no turnovers, and if we score on defense or special teams and they don’t this will be a one score game in the 4th qtr… unfortunately none of these things come to fruition
No chance it's close in the 4th quarter. I'm taking ND and the over also.. easy money.

Advertisement
No penalties wiping out big plays, no dropped passes, no turnovers, and if we score on defense or special teams and they don’t this will be a one score game in the 4th qtr… unfortunately none of these things come to fruition
I have something like 37-20 Bama. What’s your call on score?

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Miami does have a very experienced O-line. I think it’s going to be a great challenge, and we’re ready for it."

Right up there with last season's Mack Brown remark the week prior, saying Manny's done such a great job with the Canes he should be considered Coach of the Year.

"Miami does have a very experienced O-line. I think it’s going to be a great challenge, and we’re ready for it."

Right up there with last season's Mack Brown remark the week prior, saying Manny's done such a great job with the Canes he should be considered Coach of the Year.
They don’t think we can play with them. Better for us to an extent.

Hes the best QB they will face on their regular season schedule. MAYBE Corral from Ole Miss is arguably better but its close. Dont think these guys are not respecting him as such. And dont think Saban hasnt told them this 100 times.

Will you post your Bama -19 ticket?
I was just hashing on Vern and his nole love. I didn't write it as clearly as I thought. I wouldn't bet against the Canes. If I could find a trusted way to get money into a offshore betting platform I'd put a lot of money on ND over fsu. Like probably a stupid amount.

Advertisement
Back