Alabama linebackers look forward to matchup with Miami QB D'Eriq King

I was just hashing on Vern and his nole love. I didn't write it as clearly as I thought. I wouldn't bet against the Canes. If I could find a trusted way to get money into a offshore betting platform I'd put a lot of money on ND over fsu. Like probably a stupid amount.
Made perfect sense, the vultures are just thirsty.

Advertisement
This is our starting OL going into this game.

Zion - First round pick on most mocks in this years draft and will probably have a first round projection in next years at worst if he decides to stay.
Rivers - 4* recruit.
Gaynor - 5th year vet
Donaldson - high 4* recruit; NFL capabilities
Williams/Scaife - One was a 4* kid and the other is a 6th year vet.

My only point is these guys are not slouches. If we get our **** pushed in for 4 quarters I dont know if that bodes well for the season. This is probably the most talented starting 5 on paper we have had since the Linder, Seantrel and Felaciano OL. This OL absolutely should be able to at least win 40% of the battles on Saturday. If they do, we will be in it when the 4th quarter comes around.
Bama is a different level than anything we will see on our schedule after.. Oline will be going against arguably the best front 7 in country, the drop off from bama to ACC dreg is incredible.. Oline can get their **** pushed in for 4 qtrs saturday and go on to have a really good season. I think the chances of that are actually pretty high. Bama probably got 5 guys in that front 7 who will be nfl players..

This game to me has no bearing on performance wise expectations for rest of season.. Bama would steam roll thru acc schedule

Advertisement
I am just saying, I would not say definitively that they do not have a combo of backs that are better than what UNC threw at us....I think it is a little too early to come to that conclusion.
Bama has a very talented running back room. Brian Robinson is a big back and even though he doesn't have the wiggle of a Najee Harris he has more explosion in the hole. He has played a lot of football for us. Jase McClellan is the big back that can get involved in the passing game. He has the breakaway speed to take it to the house. Trey Sanders has just been very unfortunate with injuries at Alabama. All reports in camp are saying he's back to last season's form before the car accident. Camar Wheaton and Roydell Williams are starting for the Miami Hurricanes and probably most any power 5 team not named Alabama.

Bama is a different level than anything we will see on our schedule after.. Oline will be going against arguably the best front 7 in country, the drop off from bama to ACC dreg is incredible.. Oline can get their **** pushed in for 4 qtrs saturday and go on to have a really good season. I think the chances of that are actually pretty high. Bama probably got 5 guys in that front 7 who will be nfl players..

This game to me has no bearing on performance wise expectations for rest of season.. Bama would steam roll thru acc schedule
Confidence level post getting your face smashed for 4 quarters is my worry. Mentally can they recover if it gets ugly is what I was getting at. Its like a shot boxer. After they lose 2 straight fights its all downhill. Can this OL recover if Bama just manhandles them? I dont know. (For the record, I absolutely think they hold their own. Bama might have next level talent but ****..potentially so do we..Donaldson, Zion and Rivers all have NFL potential IMO)

Bama has a very talented running back room. Brian Robinson is a big back and even though he doesn't have the wiggle of a Najee Harris he has more explosion in the hole. He has played a lot of football for us. Jase McClellan is the big back that can get involved in the passing game. He has the breakaway speed to take it to the house. Trey Sanders has just been very unfortunate with injuries at Alabama. All reports in camp are saying he's back to last season's form before the car accident. Camar Wheaton and Roydell Williams are starting for the Miami Hurricanes and probably most any power 5 team not named Alabama.
The poster didnt say they werent talented. You have to have talent to play RB at Bama. He said its unproven. Which it is. Your post has alot of projection type sentiments. Trey Saunders WAS the man out of HS but now can he get back to that form? Wheaton and Williams are 2 backs nobody has heard of at the college level. They are unproven. Robinson Jr is absolutely a name people should know BUT there is a reason hes had to sit for 4 years to finally get his shot at the starting job. He very well may be your next big time RB BUT he has to prove that. Thats all. That is fair to say.

The poster didnt say they werent talented. You have to have talent to play RB at Bama. He said its unproven. Which it is. Your post has alot of projection type sentiments. Trey Saunders WAS the man out of HS but now can he get back to that form? Wheaton and Williams are 2 backs nobody has heard of at the college level. They are unproven. Robinson Jr is absolutely a name people should know BUT there is a reason hes had to sit for 4 years to finally get his shot at the starting job. He very well may be your next big time RB BUT he has to prove that. Thats all. That is fair to say.
Thank gawd camar a freshman and its first game, dude gonna be a star.. lol.. impact player with breakaway speed.. running behind bama oline, he gonna blow at some point.. not game 1 tho

Advertisement
Thank gawd camar a freshman and its first game, dude gonna be a star.. lol.. impact player with breakaway speed.. running behind bama oline, he gonna blow at some point.. not game 1 tho
Your probably right about him if Bama wanted him but you know how it is at this level. **** happens. They talked about Trey Saunders the same way. Life has its way of just being foul to certain players. Saunders was supposed to strike fear in all Bama opponents his Tr-Fr year. Now hes going into his 3rd year still looking for his first 100 yard game. Smh.

“... Trying to contain a quarterback like that is gonna be very tough. All we have to do is, I feel like, go out there and execute Coach’s game plan -- whatever that is for us. We’re taking it one day at a time. … He’s a great quarterback and he’s had great history at Houston, definitely at Miami. So I’m really excited to see what he does.”

Wait they haven't put together their Game plan yet? Or am I reading this wrong?
Clown just playing coy for the media....DON'T BELIEVE IT

Our entire team hasn't proven a thing, so there's that.

Advertisement
Brian Robinson played football for Bama since his freshmen year. That's code for he hasn't been sitting. Jase and Trey played for us last season as well. Trey had his best game and it was clear after the Miss State game he was moving up with his carries. Then the car accident. Williams has taken a few to the house and only 5-star Camar Wheaton, who is extremely fast with the size is a freshman.

Advertisement
Brian Robinson played football for Bama since his freshmen year. That's code for he hasn't been sitting. Jase and Trey played for us last season as well. Trey had his best game and it was clear after the Miss State game he was moving up with his carries. Then the car accident. Williams has taken a few to the house and only 5-star Camar Wheaton, who is extremely fast with the size is a freshman.
Played but never started. Show me where I said he sat? I said there was a reason why he never started at Bama and hes a Sr.

Yo if you want to come on here and say Bama is going to beat us 45-7 then go ahead. Half our fans would agree with you. But at least be fair in respect to some points in the game. RB is a position group that is a major question. Whats next? You gonna tell me Bryce Young is proven too?

Played but never started. Show me where I said he sat? I said there was a reason why he never started at Bama and hes a Sr.

Yo if you want to come on here and say Bama is going to beat us 45-7 then go ahead. Half our fans would agree with you. But at least be fair in respect to some points in the game. RB is a position group that is a major question. Whats next? You gonna tell me Bryce Young is proven too?
The reason is depth. Josh Jacobs, was mostly the third back in through his 3 years at Bama and yet was the number one running back taken in the draft. Brian has played with Jacobs, Najee Harris, Damien Harris, Bo Scarbrough, and the guys who are now behind him.

I'm not saying anything about the score. I'm telling you what you are very likely going to see Saturday, at least the pecking order as it stands now. I've listened to the guys you are counting on, I don't find anything anyone has said necessarily offensive. It's more informative, regardless of how the game turns out.

The reason is depth. Josh Jacobs, was mostly the third back in through his 3 years at Bama and yet was the number one running back taken in the draft. Brian has played with Jacobs, Najee Harris, Damien Harris, Bo Scarbrough, and the guys who are now behind him.

I'm not saying anything about the score. I'm telling you what you are very likely going to see Saturday, at least the pecking order as it stands now. I've listened to the guys you are counting on, I don't find anything anyone has said necessarily offensive. It's more informative, regardless of how the game turns out.
Dude, there's a reason it's a 19-point spread. Alabama get a ton of five stars each year. We all know that. We are football fans.

But 20 point dogs do win a handful of times per year. That's why they play the games.

Dude, there's a reason it's a 19-point spread. Alabama get a ton of five stars each year. We all know that. We are football fans.

But 20 point dogs do win a handful of times per year. That's why they play the games.
Still just trying to answer why Brian hasn't started at Bama. But we all will be watching Saturday.

Advertisement
Back