Alabama linebackers look forward to matchup with Miami QB D'Eriq King

Advertisement
How did auburn beat bama so many times with gus as head coach? nick Marshall ran on them. Stidham wasn’t a good runner but moved the chains a few times. Bo pix beat them once also. How did this happen? Tre mason, kerreon johnson and then two pick sixes thrown by Mac Jones. That’s how those wins happened. And throw in the fact that auburn defensive line did a great job holding the bama run game. Do we have the ingredients? Maybe.

And that was the iron bowl so you know bama was fired up to play every time. Also factor in home field advantage and bamas garbage kickers

How did auburn beat bama so many times with gus as head coach? nick Marshall ran on them. Stidham wasn’t a good runner but moved the chains a few times. Bo pix beat them once also. How did this happen? Tre mason, kerreon johnson and then two pick sixes thrown by Mac Jones. That’s how those wins happened. And throw in the fact that auburn defensive line did a great job holding the bama run game. Do we have the ingredients? Maybe.

And that was the iron bowl so you know bama was fired up to play every time. Also factor in home field advantage and bamas garbage kickers
I could try to tell you about this instate rivalry but after about the 5th page, everyone will have long checked out. I get the comparisons and why Miami wants to make them, but we play a lot of HUNH RPO zone-read teams every year. Everyone is quick to say that some of those Bama losses were because of the QB. To a degree, but a lot of other things went right also during the game. In short, I think King and Miami will go as far as his OL takes him.

It'd help a lot if we got two Pick Sixes and a couple short fields like Auburn did in 2019.

Advertisement
UNC's backs were/are certainly dudes, but what makes you so certain that they are better than any combination of what Alabama can bring to the table, this Saturday? Last time I checked they have two or three 5 star backs on the depth chart and the rest are highly touted 4 star backs.

Not to mention the most recent Bama back that were drafted were: Najee Harris, Josh Jacobs, Damien Harris, Bo Scarbrough, Derrick Henry, Kenyon Drake....

I am just saying, I would not say definitively that they do not have a combo of backs that are better than what UNC threw at us....I think it is a little too early to come to that conclusion.

I could try to tell you about this instate rivalry but after about the 5th page, everyone will have long checked out. I get the comparisons and why Miami wants to make them, but we play a lot of HUNH RPO zone-read teams every year. Everyone is quick to say that some of those Bama losses were because of the QB. To a degree, but a lot of other things went right also during the game. In short, I think King and Miami will go as far as his OL takes him.
Don't think you're wrong about that last line.

I have something like 37-20 Bama. What’s your call on score?
B63377C3-DA4B-41A1-8AB9-C7B58021EA7F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
UNC's backs were/are certainly dudes, but what makes you so certain that they are better than any combination of what Alabama can bring to the table, this Saturday? Last time I checked they have two or three 5 star backs on the depth chart and the rest are highly touted 4 star backs.

Not to mention the most recent Bama back that were drafted were: Najee Harris, Josh Jacobs, Damien Harris, Bo Scarbrough, Derrick Henry, Kenyon Drake....

I am just saying, I would not say definitively that they do not have a combo of backs that are better than what UNC threw at us....I think it is a little too early to come to that conclusion.
Same thing I've said. They will gash us w the run and then Hall, Metchie will be open.TE Latu might be Young's outlet. Again I'm hoping it's not 28-0 by halftime. Miami has to mix it up and King will have to have a Manziel type of game.

Advertisement
They respect the **** out of him. I know nick loves the kind of player/man king is. Side note they don’t respect a single other aspect of our team. Let’s make them
They 100 % don‘t respect our playmakers, as I said there’ll be big plays to be had. Rambo , Smith , Mallory can beat anyone in front of them. The question is will we have the time and will we make the plays when they’re there. They’ll give us the opportunities.

I always come back to the ol with this game.

They 100 % don‘t respect our playmakers, as I said there’ll be big plays to be had. Rambo , Smith , Mallory can beat anyone in front of them. The question is will we have the time and will we make the plays when they’re there. They’ll give us the opportunities.

Gotta come out aggressive very early. If the OL can hold up even a little we’ve got plenty of grass to work with

UNC offense last year was much better than this version of Alabama will be. On the defensive side though, Bama is going to try and bully our OL. We have to match physicality. I'm not sure we can. It's prove it time. Lashlee also needs to be much more creative in his playcalling than he was at Clemson.
In terms of last years UNC squad being a better offensive team than this years Alabama, what exactly do you base that on? That seems like an arbitrary statement to me.

Agree its showtime for the OL and yes Lash needs a much better game plan than last years Clemson plan but I fully expect him to be ready to call a great game.

Lashlee has much more to work with this year. A much improved OL(We will see how improved) a significantly better and deeper WR corps. Top 3 RB all return. A healthy and faster Mallory and a true freshman prodigy in Elijah Arroyo at TE. All of this and a real normal full off season. TBH I think the guy deserves a medal for improving our offense as much as he did in his 1st year going from in the 90's to in the 30's.

I was just hashing on Vern and his nole love. I didn't write it as clearly as I thought. I wouldn't bet against the Canes. If I could find a trusted way to get money into a offshore betting platform I'd put a lot of money on ND over fsu. Like probably a stupid amount.
Bovado

Advertisement

Its always back to the OL because they are the key to the entire game and we will live or die by how that unit plays Saturday. This game is all about them. Our fate is in their hands.

Should it be proven true that Alabama does not respect our playmakers and our OL is as good in pass protection as the reports have suggested then it could get very exciting. Rambo, K.Smith, Harley and Mallory are certainly capable of causing problems and big explosive plays.

Im going to be very interested to see if Lashlee tries to use both Mallory and Arroyo together to create a matchup nightmare for Alabama specifically if Lashlee tries to use both to attack the seam by having each in the slot on both sides of the line. I'm also quite curious about the way we use the X-man. Jet sweeps, end arounds, reverses etc. Also Brashard Smith is too explosive and too talented for us not to have a package or a wrinkle or two for him.

The list goes on and on. How will we take advantage of all the talent we have at RB. Will we use them in the passing game? Will we have two of them on the field together? What type of personnel will we feature more of? 11? 12? How often will we be in 10? Do we see 22 as a wrinkle? Any 5 wide? Wildcat? Pistol? Unbalanced Line? I literally can't wait at this point.

Last edited:
@jw410

Why don't you join the Bama boards?

All you do is eat TideMeat sammiches, down downvote anyone who respects coach Simpsons craft and upvote anyone who says Bama will run down our throats.

Why are you even here?

Shouldnt you be at Sabans? On your knees.. under the kitchen table.. having thirds..
He’s been a member for a decade on this board. He’s giving his opinion. You don’t have to agree with it. But cmon now. No need to bash someone for opinions you don’t like.

Personally, I agree with his assessment. Sure I’m a Bama fan, but Alabama is known to start fast and not let up. That’s how we play. Because if we leave opponents in the game, bad things can happen.

Metchie is already a household name at WR. I’m not looking past him as a potential Heisman candidate at some point this year. He’s got all of the credentials for it.

Remember, it was freshmen at the time… Devonte Smith who caught the winning TD pass by freshman Tua to win the natty in 2018

Advertisement
Fair, but Williams and Carter played us 8 months ago and very well could BOTH be starting running backs in the NFL by the end of the month. I’ve watched Brian Robinson play, he’s talented but he’s not on their level.

He’s been a member for a decade on this board. He’s giving his opinion. You don’t have to agree with it. But cmon now. No need to bash someone for opinions you don’t like.

Personally, I agree with his assessment. Sure I’m a Bama fan, but Alabama is known to start fast and not let up. That’s how we play. Because if we leave opponents in the game, bad things can happen.

Metchie is already a household name at WR. I’m not looking past him as a potential Heisman candidate at some point this year. He’s got all of the credentials for it.

Remember, it was freshmen at the time… Devonte Smith who caught the winning TD pass by freshman Tua to win the natty in 2018

A decade? Whooptie doo. A few more years than me. 😒🙄🖕🏿

If he didn't annoyingly downvote every post that makes sense then maybe I wouldn't have made that post. He started this ****.

I mean look at this BS. He's got Bama fans on a Miami board defending him. That says more than I can put in words.

Shid is disgusting.

His takes are trash.

A decade? Whooptie doo. A few more years than me. 😒🙄🖕🏿

If he didn't annoyingly downvote every post that makes sense then maybe I wouldn't have made that post. He started this ****.

I mean look at this BS. He's got Bama fans on a Miami board defending him. That says more than I can put in words.

Shid is disgusting.

His takes are trash.
Meh. I don’t know his history or his downvotes etc

So that’s between you all.

Anyhow… I’m just super excited for this game and I’m a devils advocate guy who enjoys seeing what the opposing team, in this case Miami, thinks about the matchup coming.

It’s tiring being on a forum where everyone always agrees with everything you say and post. I like Opposing opinions too. If that makes any sense. It’s why I’m here.

Also, my brother in law has been a U fan since we were kids. He’s an Alabama fan… but frankly he’s a closet hardcore Miami fan. Has the hats and jerseys etc.

we went to the LSU/Miami bowl game in Atlanta like what? A decade ago or more? Can’t recall. But I was rooting for LSU (SEC sake) and he was geared up head to toe for Miami. We had fun

Meh. I don’t know his history or his downvotes etc

So that’s between you all.

Anyhow… I’m just super excited for this game and I’m a devils advocate guy who enjoys seeing what the opposing team, in this case Miami, thinks about the matchup coming.

It’s tiring being on a forum where everyone always agrees with everything you say and post. I like Opposing opinions too. If that makes any sense. It’s why I’m here.

Also, my brother in law has been a U fan since we were kids. He’s an Alabama fan… but frankly he’s a closet hardcore Miami fan. Has the hats and jerseys etc.

I agree but make sense with your opposing view. Don't just say dumb shid.

" Metchie and Robinson are going to kill us. I hope the score isn't 28-0 by halftime" is a shiddy *** JW hot take.

If I say coach Simpson coaches a much more disciplined Dline than coach Stroud and you can't expect our Dline to play like they did vs UNC and all you do is downvote it with no counter argument then 🗣🖕🏿.

Fear and gloom with no valid argument is dumb and I'd rather read a bunch of sunshine pump than that BS

Advertisement
Back