Al Golden to Cincinnati

Very telling isn't it?

I had really high hopes for Shannon. Was wanting him to turn into a Canes Eddie Robinson type.

Just didnt happen.

The fact pretty much all those dudes are now POSITION COACHES or out of football entirely (Richt) is borderline comical. We are "Example A" when someone wants to know what happens when you let people who have no ******* clue what they are doing, do it for a living.

Advertisement
The fact pretty much all those dudes are now POSITION COACHES or out of football entirely (Richt) is borderline comical. We are "Example A" when someone wants to know what happens when you let people who have no ******* clue what they are doing, do it for a living.
Isn’t Shannon a DC?

I thought he had the "Co" label? That's a glorified position coach. At the very least...I know he carried that "Co" title for a while and maybe finally worked his way back up to COORDINATOR.

Disgusting.
That was at Florida.

He’s been the DC at UCF for a couple of years now.

Actually makes decent money.

Advertisement
He did better than Manny, and was in a much tougher situation. Recruiting was not even as terrible as it could have been given no IPF and sanctions cloud

Advertisement
He did better than Manny, and was in a much tougher situation. Recruiting was not even as terrible as it could have been given no IPF and sanctions cloud

And he hired Jedd, who in retrospect was easily the best OC we've had here in the last decade.

Who knows how things might have turned out had he not been so loyal to that piece of garbage of 'Onfrio.

Still, the fact he can't land another HC gig in college is pretty telling.

I’m happy for Golden. He was an assclown for not firing his butt buddy and throwing kids under the Bus but maybe he learned his lesson.

That’s the case at practically every school except for UF. And Muschamp was something like option 3,000 for USCe, but the previous 2,999 coaches turned them down due to Steve Spurrier’s beyond awful recruiting.

Ed Orgeron was fired, so Ole Miss/USC, also I think Georgia's last coach got a P5 job somewhere.

Let's face the facts, he's a moron, but that moron did have a solid eye for linebacker talent was just to stupid to keep most them on the team, when your starting 3 linebackers are dzp52, eddie "bath salts" johnson and gionni paul, that was a good look, the secondary was legit to, just the wrong stupid scheme. Also remember that moron helped to coach jamie shaper and farrior and than Ahmad brooks when the moron was the d-co at UVA. So he knows linebackers and how to coach them, he's just more than likely will never be headcoaching material on the big stage, he definitely is a solid to possibly an above average position coach!
Al Golden would have probably won 9-10 games in 2014 with Manny Diaz or someone similar as DC (with freedom of action), and probably 10 or 11 in 2015. In other words, he might still be our head coach if he had not insisted on staying with D'No.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Eat up, Al!

Screenshot_20200116-225050_Google.jpg

Al Golden has no idea how to put together a scheme to let the athletes put together a good-winning team. His recruiting classes usually had good ncaa per school rankings. But the man has no clue to develop them at all.

Anthony Chickillo in particular was one of the highest graded - Weak side defensive ends or historically the better pass rushers on a defensive line. Instead he put the pass rushers to stay in the weight room. And put them on the playing field to clog the running lanes & do the opposite of what Al Golden critics, thought he would coach them up to do.

Advertisement
Back