Al Golden to Cincinnati

He did better than Manny, and was in a much tougher situation. Recruiting was not even as terrible as it could have been given no IPF and sanctions cloud

Golden seemed like a bad recruiter at the time, but he’s actually proven to be a better recruiter than Richt and now Diaz.

Advertisement
Ed Orgeron was fired, so Ole Miss/USC, also I think Georgia's last coach got a P5 job somewhere.

Was Orgeron really fired as USCw head coach? By that standard, we fired Jeff Stoutland and Larry Scott as head coaches.

Shannon actually went on to spend 4 games as interim head coach at UF, if that counts as one of our coaches getting a Power 5 HC job.

Was Orgeron really fired as USCw head coach? By that standard, we fired Jeff Stoutland and Larry Scott as head coaches.

Shannon actually went on to spend 4 games as interim head coach at UF, if that counts as one of our coaches getting a Power 5 HC job.

No, it doesn't. It counts as being the last man standing when the guy in front of you gets fired mid season.

Advertisement
I wish them ALL well

BUT I am glad they're not here

Sometimes,.. People can't move beyond their limitations...I'm sure they all did their best in their limited flawed ways.

The best coaches are the ones that know their limitations ..they all have egos ...the best just rather have their ego stroked by winning and always seek ways to constantly improve...rather than refusing to accept that they may not always be right or their may be a better way than their way

Al Golden would have probably won 9-10 games in 2014 with Manny Diaz or someone similar as DC (with freedom of action), and probably 10 or 11 in 2015. In other words, he might still be our head coach if he had not insisted on staying with D'No.

Definitely would've been way ahead of the game, we had real good offensive talent, the funny thing is, we were winning games with some of the worst defenses in the history of UM football.

Advertisement
Looking forward to seeing the post game handshakes when the Bengals play Pittsburgh and Cleveland twice per year.

Chilkilo will probably have a little more juice in the tank during those game.

It should be no surprise to anyone why we have been so bad for the past 17 years or so based on the track record of our ex-coaches. We have hired such horrible coaches! Guys like Golden lucky to be a LB coach for Cincinnati. And other HCs and coordinators - where are they now? No one thriving at all. Such a joke! Good God!

Advertisement
Gotta love how terrible corches continue to get paid. Meteorologists and corches.

He was their interim coach TWICE, so that’s why I included it. He was fired as the head coach of Ole Miss.

I'm sure somewhere out there D'Onfrio watched some of our games this year and had visions of dropping Greg Rousseau and Garvin into coverage.

#Whatcouldhavebeen
The fat *** must have been reincarnated into Blake Baker because those guys did drop in coverage way too much.

Advertisement
Al Golden would have probably won 9-10 games in 2014 with Manny Diaz or someone similar as DC (with freedom of action), and probably 10 or 11 in 2015. In other words, he might still be our head coach if he had not insisted on staying with D'No.

It was Golden's defense!!!

Go back and watch UVA games when He was there, it's the same, exact, defense.

**** go back and watch when we played PSU for the Natty, it's the same, exact, defense.

The guy was given a very bad hand at the start of Miami job. Guided us through the cloud and then probation. His players gave Richt the 10 win season. His players gave Manny his defenses. This last year was really the first year of Manny’s recruits. Outside of the LB’s.

golden has a plan that we needed. If he would have gotten rid of No D the guy is still here and we are winning. Temple was going to shut down their program and gave Golden one last crack at it and he won there.

the guy is a good coach. Just not Jimmy.

Advertisement
Back