Al Golden:"Seriously, Guys, Stop Getting The Licks In"

Advertisement
It was 66-13 but okay. You're just trying to use the Syracuse beatdown to discredit all the other games and his 51-20 record at the school is what you're ignoring. Really selective memory and interpretation from these elder statesmen.

Nah, pretty sure this started by a reference to 12 other losses (to UM'S biggest rivals and to the powerhouse that is East Carolina). You are the one who selectively focused on one win (wherein the defense gave up nearly 50 pts) to justify a rather strange form of idolatry.

Not really and now you're just nitpicking and trying to twist words. Those FSU and VT teams that played in national championships and finished in the top 5 were better than Butch's roster of 50 scholarships players and a wealth of walk-ons. Sorry that you were foolish enough to expect wins in those games and it's a miracle that he was even remotely competitive in them. Those ECU teams, by the way, sent a total of 7 players to the NFL but let's admit those were bad losses. Hate to break it to you, but coaches sometimes lose games they shouldn't. Jimmy Johnson lost to Maryland in 1984. I guess he's a bad a coach based on your lopsided method of assessing things. Dennis Erickson lost to a 7-4 Washington team in 1994. That means he sucks by your measure. And I listed a bunch of wins when I edited your post so you either missed that or lied. And I don't care if the defense gave up 1,000 points. We won did we not? So it's not about winning the actual game it's about whining about the score regardless of the result and hoping to find a way to criticize Butch. You could not make your deep Butch hate anymore obvious if you tried.

I have no shame in admitting my slight idolatry for Butch Davis just as I have no shame in admitting I have slight idolatry for Howard Schnellenberger, Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Erickson, and even Larry Coker in a slight way. You just have some residual ****y hate for Butch regardless of any and all facts.

Classic post. Say it again, but this time with emotion!

I'm glad you approve and see the error of your ways. If you could be of so kind, please toss it an up-vote. Thank you very kindly.

I'm sorry that your argument was annihilated where you have no response but a half-hearted sarcastic attempt to dismiss it and that failed miserably like your Butch hate. And I thought my emotion mirrored very nicely the emotion you display when trashing Butch and remembering sadder days when he didn't offer you or somebody you know. That's in the past, my friend. Come into the light.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I feel like I just told a first grader that there is no Santa Clause. By all means, keep making excuses for the old man and fantasizing about a freckled angel descending onto Greentree from above. Truly magical.

Nah, pretty sure this started by a reference to 12 other losses (to UM'S biggest rivals and to the powerhouse that is East Carolina). You are the one who selectively focused on one win (wherein the defense gave up nearly 50 pts) to justify a rather strange form of idolatry.

Not really and now you're just nitpicking and trying to twist words. Those FSU and VT teams that played in national championships and finished in the top 5 were better than Butch's roster of 50 scholarships players and a wealth of walk-ons. Sorry that you were foolish enough to expect wins in those games and it's a miracle that he was even remotely competitive in them. Those ECU teams, by the way, sent a total of 7 players to the NFL but let's admit those were bad losses. Hate to break it to you, but coaches sometimes lose games they shouldn't. Jimmy Johnson lost to Maryland in 1984. I guess he's a bad a coach based on your lopsided method of assessing things. Dennis Erickson lost to a 7-4 Washington team in 1994. That means he sucks by your measure. And I listed a bunch of wins when I edited your post so you either missed that or lied. And I don't care if the defense gave up 1,000 points. We won did we not? So it's not about winning the actual game it's about whining about the score regardless of the result and hoping to find a way to criticize Butch. You could not make your deep Butch hate anymore obvious if you tried.

I have no shame in admitting my slight idolatry for Butch Davis just as I have no shame in admitting I have slight idolatry for Howard Schnellenberger, Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Erickson, and even Larry Coker in a slight way. You just have some residual ****y hate for Butch regardless of any and all facts.

I'm glad you approve and see the error of your ways. If you could be of so kind, please toss it an up-vote. Thank you very kindly.

I'm sorry that your argument was annihilated where you have no response but a half-hearted sarcastic attempt to dismiss it and that failed miserably like your Butch hate. And I thought my emotion mirrored very nicely the emotion you display when trashing Butch and remembering sadder days when he didn't offer you or somebody you know. That's in the past, my friend. Come into the light.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I feel like I just told a first grader that there is no Santa Clause. By all means, keep making excuses for the old man and fantasizing about a freckled angel descending onto Greentree from above. Truly magical.

Notice that you vaginally avoided responding to the post and had to resort to Open Mic Night jokes.

I'm equally sorry that your Butch hate stems from his taking a look at you and/or somebody you knowing and saying, "The University of Miami football program can do much better. Thanks but not thanks. Now scram." I know it must hurt and I'm sorry to tell your elderly self as your drip prune juice down your self that you were just wrong. And it's Santa CLAUS by the way, dumb-dumb. And I like Kwanzaa anyway. Had you been a good enough football player to get into Miami under Butch's tenure you might have learned such things.

I'll keep making excuses that his team of walk-ons lost to the second best team in the country 47-0 just as long as you angrily plot his death while yelling about government surveillance in your cereal. We can only hope that Butch does grace Greentree with his presence once again and it will be a genuine magical experience. I'm glad you finally came around.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I thought Butch was going to run out there and personally strangle Sebastian that day.

Almost blew an O-ring.

Our program has a ton of questions.

The answer each time, is Butch.

And I ignore the pups who were still crapping their nappies back then and can't remember things, much less keep them in context.

Sebastian's antics made him the best mascot in all CFB. Only mascot I'm aware of to get arrested before kickoff. Sure, go ahead and cuff him - see if that stops him....

He was badder then than now of course, but that year it was extra fun watching an off the hook mascot go nuts and then watch our ice in his veins kicker (Seivers) have his back and nonchalantly kick a 50 yard PAT. In fact that season I think Seivers kicked 3, maybe 4 50 yard PATs due to excessive celebration penalties. So what if the refs were hunting for us, here's your long range PAT - no go FACK your penalties and yourself, repeatedly.

I so frikking miss those days.

Notice that you vaginally avoided responding to the post and had to resort to Open Mic Night jokes.

I'm equally sorry that your hate Butch stems from his taking a look at your and somebody you knowing and saying, "The University of Miami football program can do much better. Thanks but not thanks. Now scram." I know it must hurt and I'm sorry to tell your elderly self as your drip prune juice down your self that you were just wrong. And it's Santa CLAUS by the way, dumb-dumb. And I like Kwanzaa anyway. Had you been a good enough football player to get into Miami under Butch's tenure you might have learned such things.

I'll keep making excuses that his team of walk-ons lost to the second best team in the country 47-0 just as long as you angrily plot his death while yelling about government surveillance in your cereal. We can only hope that Butch does grace Greentree with his presence once again and it will be a genuine magical experience. I'm glad you finally came around.

I love when facts and context make others arguments look stupid and yet they continue to defend their stance while ignoring all points presented to them. I often think a large portion of people on here, primarily the Goldenites, understand what context is. Context often tends to be far more important than statistical facts. It's like telling someone they suck at something, but ignoring the fact they got kicked in the nuts prior to the event.

Advertisement
Back