Al Golden:"Seriously, Guys, Stop Getting The Licks In"

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
And the impact of that fleeting footprint is felt even in Miami-Dade and Broward counties: Many of the most coveted recruits in Miami’s own backyard have begun to treat coach Al Golden’s version of The U like an afterthought. Of the 140 Florida prospects awarded a four- or five-star grade from 247Sports’ composite ratings in the last three (2013-15) recruiting classes, only 15 signed on to play for the Hurricanes.

Of the top 25 Florida prospects in the most recent class, 16 played for high schools in or south of Orlando; of those 16, all but one opted to take his talents northward, most of them to ACC rivals Florida State4 and Clemson.5 After letting local headliners Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Alex Collins (Arkansas), Matthew Thomas (FSU), Dalvin Cook (FSU), Sony Michel (Georgia), Ermon Lane (FSU), Travis Rudolph (FSU), and Travonte Valentine (LSU) leave the Miami-Dade/Broward area in 2013 and 2014, the Canes missed out on a pair of 2015 five-stars (McFadden and Alabama-bound Calvin Ridley, the top-rated wide receiver in the nation) who grew up within an hour’s drive of the UM campus. In the 2016 class — still a work in progress — Miami has yet to pick up a commitment from a prospect ranked in the state’s top 10.

Courtesy of Grantland

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why would any 4/5 star player who can play in the SEC or for FSU or for Ohio State choose Miami??

I mean, you can't act surprised. Miami doesn't win anymore. Not only does Miami not win.... we're not even in the conversation.

Miami loses at everything. In the classroom, Miami loses. On stadium deals, Miami loses. The hospital, Miami loses. On the field, Miami loses. Recruiting battles, Miami loses.

It's a loser university run by a bunch of losers who get stomped by people who actually know what they're doing.

Now that we are in year 2 we can finally compete for those kids with the distractions finally behind us......

Honest question, can anybody name ANYTHING that the university of miami does well? I'm talking anything at all. That could be academics, athletics, facilities, **** it could even be having the hottest girls on campus.

ANYTHING.

Name a single thing Miami wins at.

Advertisement
We aren't good at anything any more. The whole university is not about winning. That's the problem. Name another school where Al golden would still be there. You can't do it.

The girls were way hotter when I was a student 15 years ago, now that you mentioned it.

But seriously, they don't want to win. Winning isn't the liberal thing to do.

Advertisement
in his defense, the first couple years the NCAA had a huge impact. 2014 class was very strong. 2015 was because we were 6-7.

Honest question, can anybody name ANYTHING that the university of miami does well? I'm talking anything at all. That could be academics, athletics, facilities, **** it could even be having the hottest girls on campus.

ANYTHING.

Name a single thing Miami wins at.
This is pretty much correct.

You guys are too hard on al, he's doing the best job he can .

He's dealt with the cloud, no training table, the cloud, negative recruiting, hostile fan base, no practice lights , the cloud and awful facilities .

That alone would make any coach suck on gamedays.

Let's give him one more chance, it's finally year two and we're almost over the horrific scholarship reductions . This is a 12-0 year and playoff spot.

Stay positive and enjoy the ride fellas.

Advertisement
Thread title is hilarious!
I spit out my coffee when I read it.
Sad reminder of how excited many of us were early on about Al not being Coker/Shannon.

Clouds, night games, negative fans, more clouds, Als first year, recruiting the wrong kids, more clouds, heat, storms, me kids, negative recruiting, more clouds............
Meanwhile at ,FSU,Duke, GT, NC,Pitt,UVA, none of these things get in the way....... It's amazing!

2016 and 17 are doing way better in south Florida then previous classes (and I am factoring the high rate of de-commits, which is not new)

Advertisement
Of the 140 Florida prospects awarded a four- or five-star grade from 247Sports’ composite ratings in the last three (2013-15) recruiting classes, only 15 signed on to play for the Hurricanes.

Hey, we can't get 'em all.

learning to coach on the job is one thing, took butch 5 years to beat FSU or VT.
but also seems that Al flat out lost his mojo/spark when he went into hiding during the PSU hire.
like he felt he'd exposed himself. different guy since, not even salesman now. at least in media.
must still be selling on the recroootin trail.

in his defense, the first couple years the NCAA had a huge impact. 2014 class was very strong. 2015 was because we were 6-7.

ummmm, the 2014 class collapsed right in front of our eyes b/c Golden refused to tell people what was going on w/ him and the PSU situation. Since 2012, our class ranking has tanked each year since Golden. Ironic, b/c the further we've gotten away from the "cloud", the worst our in-coming classes have been...go figure.

Advertisement
Back