Al Golden:"Seriously, Guys, Stop Getting The Licks In"

Al always talkin about pillars, unity, what they did back in the day at UVA (as if anyone would be impressed).

Butch talked about running the table. Huge difference in goals and the respective records show it.

As he went 1-5 vs Beamer, 1-5 vs. Bobby, 0-2 vs East Carolina (one was a blowout) and presided over some outrageously-humiliating losses to teams like Syracuse. Those stats are really impressive when you consider that he did so with half a roster and those VT and FSU teams were finishing in the top 5 regularly. Yeah, "Butch talked about running the table" alright. He was great vs. Temple, Citadel, Rutgers, FAMU, Pittsburgh, Baylor, Boston College, West Virginia, Syracuse, Memphis, Virginia, Arkansas State, East Tennessee State, Cincinnati, NC State, UCLA, Ohio State, Georgia Tech, McNeese State, and Florida and that was about it only because he then sadly left the school for the NFL. I will begin taking my medicine to deal with my spastic tendencies and my most known symptom of severe butt-hurtedness.

BBDTPUTBT (Bring Back Dennis To Pick Up The Bar Tab).

My friend, you must have had another one of your famous anti-Butch strokes as you recall when he didn't recruit you or somebody you know. Well allow me to assist you in remembering the happy days of Miami Hurricane football and Butch Davis gracing us with his presence!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQHIPVIN5OI

I was at that game and remember it well. My goodness Butch Davis was/is a wonderful coach. Should I post the video from a week earlier?

Please be my guest.

Advertisement
Al always talkin about pillars, unity, what they did back in the day at UVA (as if anyone would be impressed).

Butch talked about running the table. Huge difference in goals and the respective records show it.

As he went 1-5 vs Beamer, 1-5 vs. Bobby, 0-2 vs East Carolina (one was a blowout) and presided over some outrageously-humiliating losses to teams like Syracuse. Those stats are really impressive when you consider that he did so with half a roster and those VT and FSU teams were finishing in the top 5 regularly. Yeah, "Butch talked about running the table" alright. He was great vs. Temple, Citadel, Rutgers, FAMU, Pittsburgh, Baylor, Boston College, West Virginia, Syracuse, Memphis, Virginia, Arkansas State, East Tennessee State, Cincinnati, NC State, UCLA, Ohio State, Georgia Tech, McNeese State, and Florida and that was about it only because he then sadly left the school for the NFL. I will begin taking my medicine to deal with my spastic tendencies and my most known symptom of severe butt-hurtedness.

My friend, you must have had another one of your famous anti-Butch strokes as you recall when he didn't recruit you or somebody you know. Well allow me to assist you in remembering the happy days of Miami Hurricane football and Butch Davis gracing us with his presence!

I was at that game and remember it well. Should I post the video from a week earlier?

66-10 was not any kind of happy days for Canes fans. Selective memory from the kids.

I was at that game and remember it well. Should I post the video from a week earlier?

66-10 was not any kind of happy days for Canes fans. Selective memory from the kids.

Reported. Trolling and name-calling.

It was 66-13 but okay. You're just trying to use the Syracuse beatdown to discredit all the other games and his 51-20 record at the school is what you're ignoring. Really selective memory and interpretation from these elder statesmen.

Advertisement

It was 66-13 but okay. You're just trying to use the Syracuse beatdown to discredit all the other games and his 51-20 record at the school is what you're ignoring. Really selective memory and interpretation from these elder statesmen.

Nah, pretty sure this started by a reference to 12 other losses (to UM'S biggest rivals and to the powerhouse that is East Carolina). You are the one who selectively focused on one win (wherein the defense gave up nearly 50 pts) to justify a rather strange form of idolatry.

Nah, pretty sure this started by a reference to 12 other losses (to UM'S biggest rivals and to the powerhouse that is East Carolina). You are the one who selectively focused on one win (wherein the defense gave up nearly 50 pts) to justify a rather strange form of idolatry.

Not really and now you're just nitpicking and trying to twist words. Those FSU and VT teams that played in national championships and finished in the top 5 were better than Butch's roster of 50 scholarships players and a wealth of walk-ons. Sorry that you were foolish enough to expect wins in those games and it's a miracle that he was even remotely competitive in them. Those ECU teams, by the way, sent a total of 7 players to the NFL but let's admit those were bad losses. Hate to break it to you, but coaches sometimes lose games they shouldn't. Jimmy Johnson lost to Maryland in 1984. I guess he's a bad a coach based on your lopsided method of assessing things. Dennis Erickson lost to a 7-4 Washington team in 1994. That means he sucks by your measure. And I listed a bunch of wins when I edited your post so you either missed that or lied. And I don't care if the defense gave up 1,000 points. We won did we not? So it's not about winning the actual game it's about whining about the score regardless of the result and hoping to find a way to criticize Butch. You could not make your deep Butch hate anymore obvious if you tried.

I have no shame in admitting my slight idolatry for Butch Davis just as I have no shame in admitting I have slight idolatry for Howard Schnellenberger, Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Erickson, and even Larry Coker in a slight way. You just have some residual ****y hate for Butch regardless of any and all facts.

Not really and now you're just nitpicking and trying to twist words. Those FSU and VT teams that played in national championships and finished in the top 5 were better than Butch's roster of 50 scholarships players and a wealth of walk-ons. Sorry that you were foolish enough to expect wins in those games and it's a miracle that he was even remotely competitive in them. Those ECU teams, by the way, sent a total of 7 players to the NFL but let's admit those were bad losses. Hate to break it to you, but coaches sometimes lose games they shouldn't. Jimmy Johnson lost to Maryland in 1984. I guess he's a bad a coach based on your lopsided method of assessing things. Dennis Erickson lost to a 7-4 Washington team in 1994. That means he sucks by your measure. And I listed a bunch of wins when I edited your post so you either missed that or lied. And I don't care if the defense gave up 1,000 points. We won did we not? So it's not about winning the actual game it's about whining about the score regardless of the result and hoping to find a way to criticize Butch. You could not make your deep Butch hate anymore obvious if you tried.

I have no shame in admitting my slight idolatry for Butch Davis just as I have no shame in admitting I have slight idolatry for Howard Schnellenberger, Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Erickson, and even Larry Coker in a slight way. You just have some residual ****y hate for Butch regardless of any and all facts.

Now Brock, Niner and Dk should admit they have a " slight idolatry" for Al.

Not really trying to discredit anything, don't be all up in your feelings, it happened.

There was a 47-0 beatdown, a 31-6 beatdown, 31-8, and few more as well. Dont get upset, it happened, we overcame it.

Advertisement
Winning solves everything, unfortunately this current athletic department and football staff has a real hard time winning games.

Hilarious reading Miami fans nitpicking Butch's record here. We've done so well since him and the guys he recruited left.

Some guys just always want to leave town. I didn't want to stay home for college, and I'm sure many football players feel the same way.

Advertisement
Hilarious reading Miami fans nitpicking Butch's record here. We've done so well since him and the guys he recruited left.

Shows you who the real Cane fans are. Those who appreciate the man who created the greatest cfb team of all time. Then there are those who claim to be fans and don't.

niner is one of the most flaccid thinkers on these boards.

That's what happens when your brain is addled with Golden man goo.

Advertisement

Not really trying to discredit anything, don't be all up in your feelings, it happened.

There was a 47-0 beatdown, a 31-6 beatdown, 31-8, and few more as well. Dont get upset, it happened, we overcame it.

You commented a refuting point on a small portion of the entire body of work while ignoring heaps of others. That's the definition of nitpicking, you Silly Goose. There's no reason to be all offended and repeat your pieces of the entire argument. I agree it happens, just like your mistakes in picking and choosing what to analyze.

47-0 was against the national champion runner-up in the 50 scholarship players year. 31-6 is pretty inexcusable. 31-8 was his first game and at UCLA. Once again, you miss out on context. You repeated emotional points twice which makes me think you're just realizing the error of your ways in your selective interpretation of Butch's tenure. It's a small mistake. Have no fear, my friend. You are more than forgiven and welcomed back into the fold. It happened and we can overcome it with you, just like you said with Butch! Go 'Canes and #BBB !

Classic post. Say it again, but this time with emotion!

Classic post. Say it again, but this time with emotion!

I'm glad you approve and see the error of your ways. If you could be of so kind, please toss it an up-vote. Thank you very kindly.

I'm sorry that your argument was annihilated where you have no response but a half-hearted sarcastic attempt to dismiss it and that failed miserably like your Butch hate. And I thought my emotion mirrored very nicely the emotion you display when trashing Butch and remembering sadder days when he didn't offer you or somebody you know. That's in the past, my friend. Come into the light.

Advertisement
Back