Al Golden as a man

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP JoJo

Al Golden is a good man and a ****ty coach

Nick Saban is a horrible human being and a great coach

Go figure

It's often that way in life...sad to say, but true. In every field. I live in the Washington, DC area and have gotten to see enough of it up close. Not that much, but enough. Unfortunately, there is often truth to the saying that nice guys finish last.

Advertisement
I was walking down San Amaro around 6 am one Friday morning and saw a man in an orange jumpsuit outside the Hecht. Hoping it was Golden I extended my arm to wave at him. I was across the street and about a block and a half away from the Hecht. The man got in his car and drove towards me, ultimately stopping and rolling his window down as we were next to each other. It was golden... And he stopped and offered me a ride home as we had a ****ing awesome convo about Miami and our hometowns as we are both from outside Philly.

The interaction told me anything I had to know about him. I understand and agree with most criticisms but I'm rooting and pulling for Golden as much as I possibly could. I want him to succeed here so badly.

Edit: there were no cameras there you douche

Happened to me once with Frank Haith. Instead of taking me home we spent the next 8 hrs at Solid Gold. I had to promise to not tell his wife, he still owes me $75 AND he left me there without ever actually riding me home. Dude kept saying John Wall was coming to UM all night too. It wasn't a good time.

Lulz.

P.s.

I also think this token cane cat is Chris Freet. Golden never saw a camera he didn't like.

Seriously, I havent seen him NOT put on an oscar performance ever!

****, he should win one for ACTING like a good coach cause he got these dudes fooled!

If he was such a good man he wouldn't be making us look like fools week in and week out by keeping his best friend.

Miss me with that "he's a good man" talk .. he's still the same dude that flat out lied in his Penn State interviews.

Funny how quick we forget.

Have you read anyones posts?

No one is forgetting that he is a ****ty coach this is about a fallen cane and a coach that was there for his family

I think he might be a better coach than you give him credit for. He really has had very average talent to work with for the last three years. Most of the coaches that have come through UM, starting with Schnellenberger through Coker walked into situations where there was a lot of talent waiting for them, with the exception of Butch and Shannon. We'll see in a year or two.

Seriously this threads about a "man" not a " coach" who's there for a family who just lost their son/brother/nephew/cousin/grandson and some of these idiots have the nerve to get mad and go off subject to on the field success? Some of you are some sick ******** that you can't take 1 day to remember a young man who played and has orange and green blood running through his body up to the day he passes away because you just have to bash a coach. Keep it on 2 subjects, the memory of JoJo Nicolas or that we have a "man" not a "coach" who took an oath to take care and be there for these kids and actually unlike most people actually lived up to that word. Thank you

I am riding with Al. Let the cards fall where they may. Thanks Coach for being there for one of our own.

Advertisement
Seriously this threads about a "man" not a " coach" who's there for a family who just lost their son/brother/nephew/cousin/grandson and some of these idiots have the nerve to get mad and go off subject to on the field success? Some of you are some sick ******** that you can't take 1 day to remember a young man who played and has orange and green blood running through his body up to the day he passes away because you just have to bash a coach. Keep it on 2 subjects, the memory of JoJo Nicolas or that we have a "man" not a "coach" who took an oath to take care and be there for these kids and actually unlike most people actually lived up to that word. Thank you

Not for nothing, but **** you for telling me how to grieve. You don't know me, and you don't know anyone else. You dont know what I have and have not done to share my condolences with the Nicolas family. This is a football board, I don't give a **** what kind of thread it is. All "negative" points brought up against Al Golden have merit. If you want to go off and think he's some kind of saint for doing what 90% of football coaches would have done, thats your right. Just as its my right to be able to disagree with you. If showing up to a former players death bed makes him a great man, then you have some seriously low standards. A great man wouldn't have lied to a program, a school, a community's and most importantly his players and coaches faces about a job interview. A great man wouldn't let his friend steal money from the University the way Donofrio does. The guys a ******* scheister, a used car salesman, and if you fools want to line up to blow him, that's your right. But you better believe myself and others will be right here, just like I have been long before MANY of you posters, to point out exactly what I have been, that the guy is a liar, a manipulator of young men, and a nepotistic ****** who held the university hostage at one of our lowest points, then tried to bolt for another school, not two years after calling us his "destination" job.

Whats truly sickening in all of this is that these posters would use the passing of a former player to prop up their beloved Al Golden.

hopefully this thread will be locked ...its sad how people on the boards turn threads to S**t. Maybe some of you weren't hugged as a child ...smh

Advertisement

Not for nothing, but **** you for telling me how to grieve. You don't know me, and you don't know anyone else. You dont know what I have and have not done to share my condolences with the Nicolas family. This is a football board, I don't give a **** what kind of thread it is. All "negative" points brought up against Al Golden have merit. If you want to go off and think he's some kind of saint for doing what 90% of football coaches would have done, thats your right. Just as its my right to be able to disagree with you. If showing up to a former players death bed makes him a great man, then you have some seriously low standards. A great man wouldn't have lied to a program, a school, a community's and most importantly his players and coaches faces about a job interview. A great man wouldn't let his friend steal money from the University the way Donofrio does. The guys a ****ing scheister, a used car salesman, and if you fools want to line up to blow him, that's your right. But you better believe myself and others will be right here, just like I have been long before MANY of you posters, to point out exactly what I have been, that the guy is a liar, a manipulator of young men, and a nepotistic ****** who held the university hostage at one of our lowest points, then tried to bolt for another school, not two years after calling us his "destination" job.

Whats truly sickening in all of this is that these posters would use the passing of a former player to prop up their beloved Al Golden.

Is this you, Sileo? Congrats, bro! Finally found spell-check, huh?! Or is this you, Grandpa Luke? Finally just let the 12 yr old the New Times had to hire to write your "columns" take over all of your writing endeavors? Nice!

Wow smh cant even use this time to remember a passing young man who played here and feel happy that we as the UM family are coming together in this moment smh time to lock this thread **** is pathetic

Not for nothing, but **** you for telling me how to grieve. You don't know me, and you don't know anyone else. You dont know what I have and have not done to share my condolences with the Nicolas family. This is a football board, I don't give a **** what kind of thread it is. All "negative" points brought up against Al Golden have merit. If you want to go off and think he's some kind of saint for doing what 90% of football coaches would have done, thats your right. Just as its my right to be able to disagree with you. If showing up to a former players death bed makes him a great man, then you have some seriously low standards. A great man wouldn't have lied to a program, a school, a community's and most importantly his players and coaches faces about a job interview. A great man wouldn't let his friend steal money from the University the way Donofrio does. The guys a ****ing scheister, a used car salesman, and if you fools want to line up to blow him, that's your right. But you better believe myself and others will be right here, just like I have been long before MANY of you posters, to point out exactly what I have been, that the guy is a liar, a manipulator of young men, and a nepotistic ****** who held the university hostage at one of our lowest points, then tried to bolt for another school, not two years after calling us his "destination" job.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion I just don't get what you're trying to prove. Leave the Penn State fiasco in the PSU thread. leave the D'Onofrio in the countless other threads about it. We get it...you don't like him.

Let's show his family how much he meant to our community to not just the Staff but also to the fans and not how much you hate the Coach.

You care that ******* much dude? You HAVE to bring PSU and Coach D **** into this thread? A thread dedicated to a deceased Cane? Gtfo.

Advertisement
Complains about people using Jojo's death for Golden. But then three pages earlier said this?

Wish he cried like that when our Defense passed away.

What's worse? Using a passing away joke for your agenda (which can only happen if you know, the kid passed away) or actually telling a story of an encounter with Golden that shows the non-football side of him?

Laff at the high horse, and even more at the hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Way too many people who fail miserably at separating football from life. Sad to see so called CANES fans *****ing about the coach when as a MAN this dude has been more than we could ever ask for to this kids.

You care that ******* much dude? You HAVE to bring PSU and Coach D **** into this thread? A thread dedicated to a deceased Cane? Gtfo.

To be fair, the thread is dedicated to applauding what a swell guy Al is.

Advertisement
Complains about people using Jojo's death for Golden. But then three pages earlier said this?

What's worse? Using a passing away joke for your agenda (which can only happen if you know, the kid passed away) or actually telling a story of an encounter with Golden that shows the non-football side of him?

Laff at the high horse, and even worse at the hypocrisy.
Some people will make a pact with the devil to win a football game. You could tell who those people are.

Laff at the high horse, and even more at the hypocrisy.

It was a rebuttle to the notion that I was using a thread about the passing of Jojo nicolas to bash Golden. I did no such thing. This thread isn't about the passing of Jojo Nicolas as some of these idiots would like to believe. The thread title is "Al Golden as a man". I was simply disagreeing with the majority of posters here who think because Golden was seen shedding some tears for a man he knows attests to Golden's characteristics as a man of nobility; when in fact it just means that he reacts like 99% of us would when they find out someone we know has passed way. I have done nothing to disparage the memory of Jojo Nicolas and again I remind you and everyone else that you don't know who I am or what I have done to send off my condolences to this man's family. But continue on with your wooden plank and mob mentality.

Some people are Unf*ckin' Believable.

Dunno if it's a Napoleon complex, narcissism, or what.

Not judging you, I just DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY. Knows no bounds.

---Thanks for sharing, OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back