Al Blades and Tennessee?

I do agree with [MENTION=16725]fran[/MENTION]chise though. The issue is not being a Cane or not. For a "Blades", leading the class and being vocal about it should take priority over enjoying the recruiting process.

Good thing everyone makes their own priorities in this great country, it's his life let him live it. JMO

Advertisement
Many many years ago when I was at UM law we had a retired Miami PD detective come in to talk about evidence handling. During a break the talk turned to football, he said Miami PD essentially had to assign a detective full time for all crimes related to the Blades brothers so they could keep the investigations off the books and keep them on the field (if your car stereo got stolen near campus, 90% chance a Blades bro was responsible). That's some royal treatment by a real police department, not some backwoods hillbilly Barney Fife PD like you'd find in Trailerhassee or Knoxville. That's real home cookin'.

Yeah, I'm calling bull**** on that one. Miami PD never got near the campus, it's City of Coral Gables and City of South Miami.

I went to school with the Blades brothers, I lived in Eaton across the street from the football dorm. Bennie and Brian were rough, but they weren't a two-man crime wave either. I parked my car 100 feet from their doorstep and my car stereo was never stolen, and let's not pretend that security on campus in the 80s was strong.

Sounds like a Gator cop making **** up, as per usual.

Timebomb is exploding. Most of this guy's posts are trollish. This post is no different.

You must have me confused with someone else. I would never troll fellow Hurricanes.

I do agree with [MENTION=16725]fran[/MENTION]chise though. The issue is not being a Cane or not. For a "Blades", leading the class and being vocal about it should take priority over enjoying the recruiting process.
How do you know he's not?

Vocal about it? Recruiting other elite HS prospects while he is not publicly committed to the school? He could be a silent commit, I'm not questioning that. But being silent doesn't help recruiting others especially out of state elite talent.

Yeah, thats not true at all.
What not true at all?

...your comment....

Just passing along an article jack wagons. Nobody said he's gone only surprised Tennessee seems on the surface to be getting any mention. **** bunch of whining asswipes.

We don't appreciate fear mongering here. Blades is 100% Cane.

Advertisement
I do agree with @franchise though. The issue is not being a Cane or not. For a "Blades", leading the class and being vocal about it should take priority over enjoying the recruiting process.
He's been leading the class from the get go, he was the first ambassador, even before Frierson & Lo.

You all just don't have any patience & don't know what you don't know.

The kid let it be known forever ago that he was committing on Father's Day cause it would be special.

When/if the kid doesn't do it then let the conspiracy theories start.

Advertisement
I do agree with @franchise though. The issue is not being a Cane or not. For a "Blades", leading the class and being vocal about it should take priority over enjoying the recruiting process.
He's been leading the class from the get go, he was the first ambassador, even before Frierson & Lo.

You all just don't have any patience & don't know what you don't know.

LCE is one diplomatic dude. He basically telling yall to act like you been there before.

Many many years ago when I was at UM law we had a retired Miami PD detective come in to talk about evidence handling. During a break the talk turned to football, he said Miami PD essentially had to assign a detective full time for all crimes related to the Blades brothers so they could keep the investigations off the books and keep them on the field (if your car stereo got stolen near campus, 90% chance a Blades bro was responsible). That's some royal treatment by a real police department, not some backwoods hillbilly Barney Fife PD like you'd find in Trailerhassee or Knoxville. That's real home cookin'.

Yeah, I'm calling bull**** on that one. Miami PD never got near the campus, it's City of Coral Gables and City of South Miami.

I went to school with the Blades brothers, I lived in Eaton across the street from the football dorm. Bennie and Brian were rough, but they weren't a two-man crime wave either. I parked my car 100 feet from their doorstep and my car stereo was never stolen, and let's not pretend that security on campus in the 80s was strong.

You can choose to believe or not to believe. I've got no reason to make it up. Maybe the cop was lying, but my impression was that he was pointing out that Miami's finest (or Coral Gables/South Miami's finest- I don't remember if he specified) were huge Canes fans. And this was well before the 30 for 30, where one of the Blades stated that he used to steal stuff all the time, so I'm not dropping the dime on anyone. Point is, Miami Dade County has loved the Blades for a long time - Jr. isn't going to leave a place where he is basically royalty.

There is a reason (unreliability) hearsay like this is inadmissible in court. Would have thought they taught that at UM law.

Advertisement

You can choose to believe or not to believe. I've got no reason to make it up. Maybe the cop was lying, but my impression was that he was pointing out that Miami's finest (or Coral Gables/South Miami's finest- I don't remember if he specified) were huge Canes fans. And this was well before the 30 for 30, where one of the Blades stated that he used to steal stuff all the time, so I'm not dropping the dime on anyone. Point is, Miami Dade County has loved the Blades for a long time - Jr. isn't going to leave a place where he is basically royalty.

There is a reason (unreliability) hearsay like this is inadmissible in court. Would have thought they taught that at UM law.

Seeing as the cop was talking about his friends in the police keeping a record of Blades related crimes, it would likely be admissible under the hearsay exception for business records and the cop could conceivably testify as a qualified witness that the record was kept as part of regular police business. I guess they didn't teach that at whatever janky *** eighth tier law school you attended or in the episode of Law and Order you watched that makes you think you know about rules of admissibility.

Last edited:
One of the headlines from Rivals camp notes suggesting he is seriously considering Rocky Top due to his bond with Kevin Beard? This has to be a blaspheming joke, right?

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals100-five-star-challenge-shocking-storylines

giphy.gif

Advertisement

I think you misunderstand my point. I'm not accusing you of making something up. And I'm not denying what Bennie or Brian said on the documentary. I simply think that the cop was full of ****. The cop was making stuff up to sound like he was connected, which is what Miami cops do.

The players back then were not angels. A lot of people won't remember this, but long-distance phone cards were a big thing back then, and we had just had a situation where players were "sharing" other people's phone card numbers. ****, I memorized, and still remember to this day, my 14-digit Sprint Fon Card number because I was determined not to have it stolen.

At the same time, I never had my car broken into on campus. I had a drier full of laundry stolen once. That was about it, as far as crime, and I lived across the street from the football players for 3 years.

Never trust a Miami PD cop, I could tell you way more true stories about lying cops than anyone could ever produce about the Miami PD covering for UM players. Guaranteed.

Obviously Blades isn't going to Tennessee, but just for fun I hope he sees this:

Jonathan Crompton says he felt ?animosity? towards Tennessee after his career ended - SBNation.com

I'll save you the trouble of reading it, it's about how much this former QB thought the fans sucked. Which is easy to believe given this gem:

"...one night after a loss when a stranger approached Crompton's mother and told her he hoped that Jonathan and the entire family would die in a car crash."

That's not something a fan yelled at the guy after a loss. No, a "fan" said that sht to his mom. Telling a mother you hope her child dies makes it pretty clear that you don't have any human decency at all. Stay classy Vols.

Only thing weird to me about Blades is that he was already committed and then decommitted right ? Not worried about him coming but I do wonder why he even bothered to decommit in the first place regardless of a coaching change , you know you're coming here what's the point

Last edited:

Not only that but campus police dealt with south miami directly up until the early thousands.

Advertisement
Back