Al Blades and Tennessee?

I do agree with [MENTION=16725]fran[/MENTION]chise though. The issue is not being a Cane or not. For a "Blades", leading the class and being vocal about it should take priority over enjoying the recruiting process.
How do you know he's not?

Vocal about it? Recruiting other elite HS prospects while he is not publicly committed to the school? He could be a silent commit, I'm not questioning that. But being silent doesn't help recruiting others especially out of state elite talent.

Yeah, thats not true at all.
What not true at all?

That him being a silent and helping recruit isn't helping us with other kids. He's vocal behind the scenes with kids were after or current commits. They all have a huge active group text going on for months.

Advertisement
Based on the title of this thread, I can't believe that it actually made it to five pages.

It's obvious we are in the middle of the slow season with this gargage info. But no need to start conjuring up ***** scenarios. There is no way Blades is not a Cane, not with the way his Father carried the "U". This is the kind of crap that our enemies want to see with us going into a frenzy based on a pipe dream. We need to be confident in the direction we are going. We no longer have the little rascals running the program. I know people **** on our staff when it was hired but we have the scheme and coaches kids want to play in and for. Our man Pete even said that he is committing on Father's Day to honor his Father. The SEC is the SEC and will bend and twist every story they can against us and every other conference. We will see more of it going forward because they know we are coming. The ACC took care of business last year with the SEC and with the exception of Bama the SEC is weak. Anyway Blades will be a CANE! I'd love for him to make a committment video reenacting the hit, stick, bust ****, talk **** clip. That would be epic and crank season would be fully engorged.

Last edited:
Many many years ago when I was at UM law we had a retired Miami PD detective come in to talk about evidence handling. During a break the talk turned to football, he said Miami PD essentially had to assign a detective full time for all crimes related to the Blades brothers so they could keep the investigations off the books and keep them on the field (if your car stereo got stolen near campus, 90% chance a Blades bro was responsible). That's some royal treatment by a real police department, not some backwoods hillbilly Barney Fife PD like you'd find in Trailerhassee or Knoxville. That's real home cookin'.

Yeah, I'm calling bull**** on that one. Miami PD never got near the campus, it's City of Coral Gables and City of South Miami.

I went to school with the Blades brothers, I lived in Eaton across the street from the football dorm. Bennie and Brian were rough, but they weren't a two-man crime wave either. I parked my car 100 feet from their doorstep and my car stereo was never stolen, and let's not pretend that security on campus in the 80s was strong.

Sounds like a Gator cop making **** up, as per usual.

You can choose to believe or not to believe. I've got no reason to make it up. Maybe the cop was lying, but my impression was that he was pointing out that Miami's finest (or Coral Gables/South Miami's finest- I don't remember if he specified) were huge Canes fans. And this was well before the 30 for 30, where one of the Blades stated that he used to steal stuff all the time, so I'm not dropping the dime on anyone. Point is, Miami Dade County has loved the Blades for a long time - Jr. isn't going to leave a place where he is basically royalty.

There is a reason (unreliability) hearsay like this is inadmissible in court. Would have thought they taught that at UM law.

Seeing as the cop was talking about his friends in the police keeping a record of Blades related crimes, it would likely be admissible under the hearsay exception for business records and the cop could conceivably testify as a qualified witness that the record was kept as part of regular police business. I guess they didn't teach that at whatever janky *** eighth tier law school you attended or in the episode of Law and Order you watched that makes you think you know about rules of admissibility.

Hmm... So all these investigations were originally kept "off the books," but now there's a tangible "business record" to substantiate the hearsay statement. That makes sense.

Advertisement
al-blades-jr-1000-photo.jpg

Only thing weird to me about Blades is that he was already committed and then decommitted right ? Not worried about him coming but I do wonder why he even bothered to decommit in the first place regardless of a coaching change , you know you're coming here what's the point

He was never committed publicly. He is clearly committed siliently.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I do agree with [MENTION=16725]fran[/MENTION]chise though. The issue is not being a Cane or not. For a "Blades", leading the class and being vocal about it should take priority over enjoying the recruiting process.

Good thing everyone makes their own priorities in this great country, it's his life let him live it. JMO

He can live his life however he chooses, and I can comment on it however I choose.

I do agree with @franchise though. The issue is not being a Cane or not. For a "Blades", leading the class and being vocal about it should take priority over enjoying the recruiting process.
He's been leading the class from the get go, he was the first ambassador, even before Frierson & Lo.

You all just don't have any patience & don't know what you don't know.
LOL at an Ambassador who publicly decommits. You guys are stretching that Ambassador title too much. There's one Ambassador--the great Mr. Lingard.

Advertisement
Only thing weird to me about Blades is that he was already committed and then decommitted right ? Not worried about him coming but I do wonder why he even bothered to decommit in the first place regardless of a coaching change , you know you're coming here what's the point

He was never committed publicly. He is clearly committed siliently.
He was definitely committed publicly..

Advertisement
Back