Al Blades and Tennessee?

Many many years ago when I was at UM law we had a retired Miami PD detective come in to talk about evidence handling. During a break the talk turned to football, he said Miami PD essentially had to assign a detective full time for all crimes related to the Blades brothers so they could keep the investigations off the books and keep them on the field (if your car stereo got stolen near campus, 90% chance a Blades bro was responsible). That's some royal treatment by a real police department, not some backwoods hillbilly Barney Fife PD like you'd find in Trailerhassee or Knoxville. That's real home cookin'.

Yeah, I'm calling bull**** on that one. Miami PD never got near the campus, it's City of Coral Gables and City of South Miami.

I went to school with the Blades brothers, I lived in Eaton across the street from the football dorm. Bennie and Brian were rough, but they weren't a two-man crime wave either. I parked my car 100 feet from their doorstep and my car stereo was never stolen, and let's not pretend that security on campus in the 80s was strong.

Sounds like a Gator cop making **** up, as per usual.

Advertisement
I do agree with [MENTION=16725]fran[/MENTION]chise though. The issue is not being a Cane or not. For a "Blades", leading the class and being vocal about it should take priority over enjoying the recruiting process.

Many many years ago when I was at UM law we had a retired Miami PD detective come in to talk about evidence handling. During a break the talk turned to football, he said Miami PD essentially had to assign a detective full time for all crimes related to the Blades brothers so they could keep the investigations off the books and keep them on the field (if your car stereo got stolen near campus, 90% chance a Blades bro was responsible). That's some royal treatment by a real police department, not some backwoods hillbilly Barney Fife PD like you'd find in Trailerhassee or Knoxville. That's real home cookin'.

Yeah, I'm calling bull**** on that one. Miami PD never got near the campus, it's City of Coral Gables and City of South Miami.

I went to school with the Blades brothers, I lived in Eaton across the street from the football dorm. Bennie and Brian were rough, but they weren't a two-man crime wave either. I parked my car 100 feet from their doorstep and my car stereo was never stolen, and let's not pretend that security on campus in the 80s was strong.

Timebomb is exploding. Most of this guy's posts are trollish. This post is no different.

And Miami-Dade police does the mutual aid for both departments...not the city of Miami police

Advertisement
95dc1faebf2b7947c56cca0fcea44a25.jpg
Forgot it was that time of year when all the faqqit UT fans start showing up to post on our board.

I do agree with [MENTION=16725]fran[/MENTION]chise though. The issue is not being a Cane or not. For a "Blades", leading the class and being vocal about it should take priority over enjoying the recruiting process.
How do you know he's not?

Not for nothing but over on the Vols board Blades name doesn't even appear anywhere.

You know if there was something they would have it up

Advertisement

Vocal about it? Recruiting other elite HS prospects while he is not publicly committed to the school? He's probably a silent commit, I'm not questioning that. But being silent doesn't help recruiting others especially out of state elite talent.

Vocal about it? Recruiting other elite HS prospects while he is not publicly committed to the school? He could be a silent commit, I'm not questioning that. But being silent doesn't help recruiting others especially out of state elite talent.

Yeah, thats not true at all.

Vocal about it? Recruiting other elite HS prospects while he is not publicly committed to the school? He could be a silent commit, I'm not questioning that. But being silent doesn't help recruiting others especially out of state elite talent.

Yeah, thats not true at all.
What not true at all?

Advertisement
He said before his SR. season start, he want the be committed for he don't got to think about it. June 18 is Father day maybe then.

Saw the headline and thought, "wonder how many negs OP got so far?"

58 when I entered. 59 when I left.

I have it on good info from a friends cousins in laws ex wife that Al is a silent to Colorado, because he wants to take up skiing.

Advertisement
If Al Blades son is not a Cane, I'll never watch another second of college football in my life. This is one kid I'm not sweating nor should you. We have some beta fans[/QUOTE]

Beta?! We got some **** zeta fans!

You can choose to believe or not to believe. I've got no reason to make it up. Maybe the cop was lying, but my impression was that he was pointing out that Miami's finest (or Coral Gables/South Miami's finest- I don't remember if he specified) were huge Canes fans. And this was well before the 30 for 30, where one of the Blades stated that he used to steal stuff all the time, so I'm not dropping the dime on anyone. Point is, Miami Dade County has loved the Blades for a long time - Jr. isn't going to leave a place where he is basically royalty.

Advertisement
Back