Akheem Mesidor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Entered the portal yesterday. WVU is bleeding out on transfers.

WVU fans on Twitter go nuts because Addae apparently is on him. Might need to do a Mountaneer Tears...
If he and Mims were to join we would be up to 10 portal transfers. How many scholarships do we have to left to offer in 2022?

Advertisement
If he and Mims were to join we would be up to 10 portal transfers. How many scholarships do we have to left to offer in 2022?

I believe the NCAA allowed an additional 7 spots for 2022 for COVID and also transfers. So a team could sign up to 32 players. We're currently sitting at 22. So we could bring in an additional 10 players if my calculations are correct. The main thing to worry about is the 85 limit. I'm sure we're going to have more of our current players transfer out after spring as well to make sure the numbers are right. All and all though I trust this staff to have it under control.

Last edited:
Mesidor:
big will ferrell GIF

Definitely. Productivity at P5 level. That's the unique context of our transfers--several P5 dudes with unique experience. While Noles are pulling the next Jermaine Johnson from Albany U, we're pulling All-Conf DL from the Pac-12 and Big-12.

Mims and a high level LB (in addition to Johnson) and we're in really good shape.

Advertisement
I believe the NCAA allowed an additional 7 spots for 2022 for COVID and also transfers. So a team could sign up to 32 players. We're currently sitting at 22. So we could bring in an additional 10 players if my calculations are correct. The main thing to worry about is the 85 limit. I'm sure we're going to have more of our current players transfer out after spring as well to make sure the numbers are right. All and all though I trust this staff to have it under control.

Nah, Manny burned 2 or 3 of our current year ICs last year. The OL transfer, the late RB signee, and possibly the 2nd Aussie punter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When did Shipman play @SWFLHurricane
1993 & 1994....Took everyone's $$$ those days....and those teams had many Speedsters, in a 40yd dash on turf...including Kevin Williams who was already with the Cowboys. He came back to campus many times from 95-2003 and still dusted everyone including Hester...

Last edited:
Nah, Manny burned 2 or 3 of our current year ICs last year. The OL transfer, the late RB signee, and possibly the 2nd Aussie punter.
Wouldn’t that be the 22 he was talking about? With the 7 additional portal IC’s (if that many transfer after December) I was under the impression we could potentially add 29 total.

1993 & 1994....Took everyone's $$$ those days....and those teams had many Speedsters, in a 40yd dash on turf...including Kevin Williams who was already with the Cowboys. He came back to campus many times from 95-2003 and still dusted everyone including Hester...
Oh yeah! I remember all of those Big East teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back