AJ Legget

Advertisement
This might be just the kid for Al to make a stand against admissions with. As long as we're graduating kids at a 90%+ clip, the head football coach should be allowed a bit of leeway on a couple of marginal kids per season. If I'm Al, this is the point I'm making. That 22 ACT suggests he can make it at UM.

It is a clearinghouse issue not a UM issue right now.

This might be just the kid for Al to make a stand against admissions with. As long as we're graduating kids at a 90%+ clip, the head football coach should be allowed a bit of leeway on a couple of marginal kids per season. If I'm Al, this is the point I'm making. That 22 ACT suggests he can make it at UM.

Certainly not what's being reported right now.

From the article: Leggett, who has a 2.4 GPA and recently scored a 22 on his ACT, might have all the grades and necessary paperwork to get past the NCAA Clearinghouse next year. But UM's academic admissions department? That appears to be an entirely different issue according to South Miami coach Lamont Green.

Advertisement
Williams recommended that Leggett could attend a prep school to help his academic standing. However, Leggett stated that he doesn't want to go the prep school route citing family reasons..

I find this to be the most concerning comment. It comes off like this kid is thinking he's an automatic draft pick in the 2016 draft (3 years of college).

That's just it, if your on the 3 plan, go prep and set the world on fire for 2 seasons and leave early. Kid just doesn't seem to be getting very good advice. It's a shame, hopefully for his sake he doesn't fall into the category of kids that we are happy we missed out on.

Already with the clearinghouse, or does UM just see it becoming an issue in the summer and is trying to get out ahead of things?

Certainly not what's being reported right now.

From the article: Leggett, who has a 2.4 GPA and recently scored a 22 on his ACT, might have all the grades and necessary paperwork to get past the NCAA Clearinghouse next year. But UM's academic admissions department? That appears to be an entirely different issue according to South Miami coach Lamont Green.

That's how I read it, too. Bet this kid ends up playing D1 next year and we're left ****ed off at the UM admissions department again. West Virginia, Louisville, Marshall, etc. could probably get this kid in with no problem.

You have to ask yourself about a guy that went to 4 different high schools and expects to get paid after 2 years.

Advertisement
You have to ask yourself about a guy that went to 4 different high schools and expects to get paid after 2 years.

I understand your point, but were also not applying to be doctors here.

And he had an amazing season for South Miami on and off that field. He was a huge part in turning South Miami from a joke into a 2nd round playoff team

Williams recommended that Leggett could attend a prep school to help his academic standing. However, Leggett stated that he doesn't want to go the prep school route citing family reasons..

I find this to be the most concerning comment. It comes off like this kid is thinking he's an automatic draft pick in the 2016 draft (3 years of college).

That's just it, if your on the 3 plan, go prep and set the world on fire for 2 seasons and leave early. Kid just doesn't seem to be getting very good advice. It's a shame, hopefully for his sake he doesn't fall into the category of kids that we are happy we missed out on.

Bro, you can't do that. If he goes prep, he still has to be in college for 3 years before he can leave. Now he can go JUCO for a year and then transfer, go to Miami for 2 years and leave, but if he goes prep he has to be in college for 3 years before he can leave early.

Advertisement

Bro, you can't do that. If he goes prep, he still has to be in college for 3 years before he can leave. Now he can go JUCO for a year and then transfer, go to Miami for 2 years and leave, but if he goes prep he has to be in college for 3 years before he can leave early.

Not true.

Clock isn't determined by collegiate years. Simply three years removed from 18th birthday.

He could go prep, play at Miami for two seasons...and leave.

Dion Lewis did it at Pitt last season. Left after two seasons after spending a year at Blair Academy.

Not true.

Clock isn't determined by collegiate years. Simply three years removed from 18th birthday.

He could go prep, play at Miami for two seasons...and leave.

Dion Lewis did it at Pitt last season. Left after two seasons after spending a year at Blair Academy.

I don't think that's accurate either, I think it's three years post high school. So, prep, Juco, whatever... It's three years after you graduate HS

Advertisement
"NFL rule requires a player to either be out of high school for three
years or have finished three college football seasons before joining the
league."

So, age of 18 may not be overly accurate, but he doesn't have to attend college...the clock starts after you graduate high school...

Then he shouldn't be playing for any D-1 school next year if that is the case.

It's crap if you ask me. Kid has the grades and the test score. Bunch of red tape crap. Let the **** kid into school.

Advertisement
Back