AJ Legget

We are really being up front with the kid. We could have ****ed him over and not said a thing. I like that, it helps with the coaches around the area to be honest with these kids.

Anyway, it sounds like he's going to have a clearinghouse problem no matter where he goes. Hopefully he preps but wouldn't surprise me to see Louisville or WVU get him in somehow. If FSU or OSU gets him in though, then we have a serious problem on our hands.

Advertisement
If its an issue with the clearinghouse because of the kids grades and transcripts, then shame on him. He is not taking care of himself or his family.

If its an issue with UM admissions, then all of us should be really ****ed.

Switching to BTW was to be under he supervision of his uncle. Gulliver was the dirty little secret of HS recruiting. Homestead was family problems and leaving homestead was because he had no address to be there in the first place aside from his aunt. Still some hope, we'll see what he says when I talk to him.

This. We don't need to be handicapping ourselves putting ourselves on an uneven playing field. I know this administration will never elevate football to SEC-like status, but we have to make some exceptions and be more competitive in getting kids in to school.

This. We don't need to be handicapping ourselves putting ourselves on an uneven playing field. I know this administration will never elevate football to SEC-like status, but we have to make some exceptions and be more competitive in getting kids in to school.

talk to Donna about that. her phone number is one the official university website. let me know how it goes.

Advertisement
uh oh...

Manny_Navarro Manny Navarro
South Miami coach Lamont Green said #UM commitment CB AJ Leggett will visit Marshall this weekend.
29 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

This is one of the very few (maybe only?) schools that take partial qualifiers like Leggett (and Kevin Grooms). Leggett may not be able to get into any BCS school if its a clearinghouse issue, but Marshall can take him immediately and we'll be the losers in that scenario. Only thing that doesnt make sense ( same with Grooms) is that he would not be able to play in a game his first year , so I dont know why he would go that route. If he goes prep, like Grooms should have done, then he ends up playing FCS football at the same time as at Marshall, only he'll be able to be with his boys at his dream school. Some one needs to make him aware of this before he goes off to redneck land

It's too bad that Miami can't make this happen. This is why we'll have a hard time getting back. We're a program now that loves drama.

uh oh...

Manny_Navarro Manny Navarro
South Miami coach Lamont Green said #UM commitment CB AJ Leggett will visit Marshall this weekend.
29 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

This is one of the very few (maybe only?) schools that take partial qualifiers like Leggett (and Kevin Grooms). Leggett may not be able to get into any BCS school if its a clearinghouse issue, but Marshall can take him immediately and we'll be the losers in that scenario. Only thing that doesnt make sense ( same with Grooms) is that he would not be able to play in a game his first year , so I dont know why he would go that route. If he goes prep, like Grooms should have done, then he ends up playing FCS football at the same time as at Marshall, only he'll be able to be with his boys at his dream school. Some one needs to make him aware of this before he goes off to redneck land

We lost Travon Vann to Marshall in 10'. They, WVU, and Louisville seems to be able to take anybody.

Advertisement
He's always been looking into visiting Marshall.

tell your boy ..6 months at milford orFork union..will be worth it...and he'll be starting at the u in january for spring ball.

I know you were the first to bring this kid up back when he was a 9th or 10th grader.....

let him know dontget ****ed around by fsu,osu..because they cant get him in either...going to marshalll he would be in but wouldnt play....so it makes the most to go 6months up there..and come back home.

**** he can talk to B-Wash...Bunche...and a fewother guys that went and came back.

Give him this link....http://www.milfordacademy.org/whatothersaresaying.html for Milford.

This might be just the kid for Al to make a stand against admissions with. As long as we're graduating kids at a 90%+ clip, the head football coach should be allowed a bit of leeway on a couple of marginal kids per season. If I'm Al, this is the point I'm making. That 22 ACT suggests he can make it at UM.

This might be just the kid for Al to make a stand against admissions with. As long as we're graduating kids at a 90%+ clip, the head football coach should be allowed a bit of leeway on a couple of marginal kids per season. If I'm Al, this is the point I'm making. That 22 ACT suggests he can make it at UM.

Spot on. Al can motivate on the field as well as in the classroom.

Yea a 22 is pretty **** good. Some kids CAN do the work but just aren't motivated to or don't for whatever reason. A 22 out of 30 on the ACT proves the kid has the intelligence to make it with the right support around him.

Advertisement

Yea a 22 is pretty **** good. Some kids CAN do the work but just aren't motivated to or don't for whatever reason. A 22 out of 30 on the ACT proves the kid has the intelligence to make it with the right support around him.

ACT is out of 36, but 22 is still a solid score. That's well above other full qualifiers.

Advertisement

ACT is out of 36, but 22 is still a solid score. That's well above other full qualifiers.

Thanks for that correction. I could've sworn it was 30? Oh well, yea that's still a pretty good score.

Guys, there's still a chance he gets in. All Williams said is that its going to be a little tougher for him to get in. If he doesn't he should go prep. What's so bad about one semester of prep and then Miami compared to 3 or 4 years at Marshall or some **** hole like that away from your kid?

Advertisement
Back