AJ Legget

Advertisement
Apparently he posted a facebook message saying that Coach Williams told him he was not able to get into the school and he would have to go prep. He mentioned that he is on a 2 year plan in order to feed the family. TIFWIW

Not entirely accurate. I think the post said Williams told him that since UM is a private school it will be tougher to get him in.

what is it with these kids having babies so soon?

dam dummies

Seriously, I am about 12 years older than this kid, have a good job and I am in no rush for the time, costs, and responsibilities that come with a child.

Someone needs to tell him if he wants to "make it" for his family... He might want to go to NFL U.. We put scrubs like DVD in te league..

Advertisement
Kid is dumb if he doesnt go prep. Look at B Washington. Dude is about to get paid.

I agree with that logic, but the kid has already switched schools a bazillion times so it doesn't seem like he thinks about his future a whole lot. I don't now how he could get through the clearinghous anyway.

If anything, knowing this now, we can target another CB and move on.

Unfortunately, I think AJ is a victim of circumstance. Sucks and wish the kid the best of luck. If he had people around him to help guide him, they would all direct him to go to a prep school for one year and then come play. I am sure he ends up at WVU...bank it.

Advertisement
1.gif

I really wasn't expecting him to be able to make it in, was hoping for the best though.

We will see if he can get in anywhere. As far as I know the clearinghouse is a universal thing so he might not have a lot of options. If he can get in FSU/SEC school though I'll be ****ed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why the **** did this kid got to 4 different HS's?

South Miami to BTW for the reason that his uncle was the LB coach there. South Miami wasn't a strong program and he wanted to get exposure. BTW to Gulliver....well, there's a reason for that. Some say it's a lot like recruiting. Gulliver to Homestead, he had issues about where he was living and who he was around, so he went and lived with his Aunt. Went back to South Miami after they found out no good addressess to make him go to school in Homestead.

Leggett Unlikely to Play at UM

One of Miami's top recruits is unlikely to sign with the Hurricanes.

South Miami cornerback A.J. Leggett, a four-star recruit according to 247Sports, announced on his facebook account Thursday afternoon that UM looks like a longshot.

"I dont think I will be playing In miami next year," Leggett wrote.

According to Leggett, Miami defensive backs Paul Williams told Leggett that because UM is a private school he would have a tougher time getting into school.

Leggett has attended four high schools leaving his academic standing with the NCAA up in the air.

Williams recommended that Leggett could attend a prep school to help his academic standing. However, Leggett stated that he doesn't want to go the prep school route citing family reasons.

Ohio State and Florida State are among the schools that have pursued Leggett.

Leggett guided South Miami to a remarkable turnaround 9-3 season after transferring from Gulliver Prep. He played quarterback and accounted for over 1,600 yards on offense and 15 touchdowns. On defense, he had four interceptions.

Leggett plans on playing in the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl in Dallas, Texas as well as the Dade-Broward Game.

Leggett is the second commit this week to have parted ways with the school as Lakeland wide receiver Ricquan Southward changed his commitment to Ohio State.

Williams recommended that Leggett could attend a prep school to help his academic standing. However, Leggett stated that he doesn't want to go the prep school route citing family reasons..

I find this to be the most concerning comment. It comes off like this kid is thinking he's an automatic draft pick in the 2016 draft (3 years of college).

Urban will take him

Kid doesnt want to go to prep for family reasons, but h'll go to OSU

Advertisement
Back